4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad For The Price
Published on December 31, 2005 by Zorak

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap. Small
Obviously they are cheap, but I didn't expect them to be quite so small. They do not appear to be designed for an adults head. I wear them anyway, but they are way too snug - mostly because I'm too cheap to replace them until they wear out.

That said, cant beat the price
Published 8 months ago by M. Bunge

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad For The Price, December 31, 2005
Zorak (Kelowna, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxell NB-201 Stereo Line Neckband Headphones - Silver (190316) (Personal Computers)
I bought these headphones for less than $5. Based on my experience, 'phones in this price range generally don't preform very well. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised to find they recepted fairly well to bass and treble with only a little static at the higher ranges, but I can't complain for the price. The ear padding isn't of very high quality - a little scratchy - but keeps everything in place nonetheless. If you're looking for a cheap pair of headphones with satisfactory sound quality, I definitely recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of $5 headphones, May 31, 2013
There are a lot of haters reviewing this set of headphones... to those people, let me remind you: you only paid $5 for them.

For my uses, namely jogging/working out, gaming on a laptop, these headphones work perfectly. Now, can you find better headphones out there? Yes. For $5? No. Like everything in this world, you get what you pay for.

These headphones replaced a $12 pair of Philips behind the neck/head headphones. The Philips had better bass response than these, but no big deal. I'm not sitting in a studio trying to engineer sound, I'm working out and sweating on them. They get the job done just fine. For what it's worth, they do not hurt my ears (no rubbing) like others have claimed.

4.0 out of 5 stars They go behind the head but…, August 20, 2013
I was looking for a pair of headphones to replace my old ones that finally wore out from too much sweat… These looked like my old ones but after spending 10+ minutes trying to get them to hook onto my ears I finally realized they just don’t fit that way… These sit on top of your ears but do not hook onto them like I wanted, which to me helps them stay in place while running… But they do seem to be of decent quality and the sound is good, I will keep them as my back-up headphones and to use when I’m not running…

5.0 out of 5 stars A little small, but good sound quality, March 10, 2014
I'm not an audiophile. In fact, I'm kind of a luddite. For that reason, I really like these headphones. No dials, no switches, nothing fancy, just things that go over my ears and behind my head, and a plug that goes into a headphone jack. They're a little on the small side, so if you have a big melon like I do, you may not want these in particular. At the price point, though, they're perfect. I wouldn't wear them for running, but for hanging around the house or going on a walk, they're fine. So far, they're also quite durable. I've sat on them, stepped on them, dropped them, and otherwise abused them in a variety of ways, and they just keep going.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap. Small, November 6, 2013

That said, cant beat the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!, July 25, 2013
what a geat deal-what great sound -Hey these are comfortable- Have Sony & Phillips -they don't out do these! don't worry only thing cheap is the price!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too smal for the normal person's head, May 22, 2013
Bradley Jerman (Springboro, OH, US) - See all my reviews
The ones that arrived were not as pictured and tiny. They do fit my daughter, so she has commandeered them. Spend little get little. They do sound OK and again, I got what I paid for...

3.0 out of 5 stars Well..., December 24, 2009
In comparison to the other headphones I've used over the years, these are probably the worst for their price. However they get the job done.

There is an annoying twittering when you listen to music that has a lot of sound in one frequency suchas piano music, but this is not noticeable with most other music.
They are quiet. For some reason I have to keep the volume on my ipod much higher when using these then when using other headphones.

So if you really nead these kinds of headphones, which I do, then i reccomend you keep looking there are better ones out there, but these are acceptable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Maxhell, May 4, 2012
Bought these to replace my old Phillips headphones of a similar style. The Phillips were nothing special but after using these maxells my old ones seem like the damn pinnacle of hifi audio. I would rather hear to a band of kindergardeners blaring on recorders in my other headphones than listen to anything with these. I imagine the meeting where they came up with these went something like this.

Maxell President: Alright our headphones don't sound bad enough, who has some fresh ideas on how we can change this.

Worker: Well what if I took this tin can, attached some wires and Bam! We got our new headphone speaker!

Maxell President: Brilliant!

1.0 out of 5 stars The WORST pair of headphones i've EVER owned!, November 8, 2008
And as an audiophile and audio enthusiast, i've owned MANY over the years, both cheap and expensive. In short, these headphones have a very 'veiled' and subdued sound, which noticeably holds back much of the music. Even for the low money, you can find much better sounding 'cans' in the ten dollar range. I have a cheap set of Sony's that cost me around ten bucks that 'blow away' these Maxell's in every respect... better and tighter bass, and more airy and detailed mids and highs. This probably why I found these on sale for four bucks at 'Big Lots'!

Rate and Discover Movies