Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Maxell STD-T-120 4 Pack VHS Tapes
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Price:$14.95+ Free shipping

on April 26, 2011
Unlike the other reviewer for this item, I have never had a problem with these tapes recording in the several different VCRs that I use. I have also recorded shows for friends and they have never said that their machines didn't like them either, so I have to assume that they played fine for them, as well.

I do see that Amazon is now selling an 8-pack for not that much more than this 4-pack and that's much less per tape, so I would buy those in future. Of course, the quality cannot compare with DVDs but not everything is important enough for a DVD. In other words, I might want to record a movie or something like Masterpiece Classic just to watch a second time and then, if I really like it, I can buy the DVD. These tapes also seem to work well for everyday re-recording. I have one at my office that has had perhaps a dozen passes or more and the quality of the video and audio is still good.
on November 11, 2013
These are great for everyday use. They are reasonably priced so you can give these away.
You can record over these up to 3 times without noting any noise on the recording even
at the SLP mode.Great quality at a decent price.
on August 11, 2011
These do the job expected. No problems with recording or playing.

It seems VHS tapes are being phased out, at least I can't find them in local stores anymore.
These do at least as well as what I've used in the past.
on September 14, 2011
I am one of the few people that still has a VCR instead of DVD player. I like to tape shows on TV if I am not able to watch when it's on, They are so hard to find now so I knew right away that Amazon would find them for me. I hope the day does not come that I cannot find them anymore & at the same time, I do not want to stock up in case my VCR dies on me. Anyway I am so pleased that you still have them in stock.

Vicki Comby
on February 18, 2013
It's gotten so difficult to find VHS anymore and they're expensive when you do. I'm not a big fan of Maxell but these were affordable and about the only choice out there. So far they've recorded well, no problems, just wish they were 8 hours instead of 6.
on March 22, 2015
Great tapes. I still use VHS, DVDs are NO GOOD. The device don't last long, bought 3. They stop playing and recording. A fake on the market to get rid of VHS, which is the best ever created. Records 3-2 hr. movies, can record up to 7 hrs on a 6 hr. tape. Just love, Never even thought to give it up for DVD, I bought a COMBO, and used both. DVD died long time ago, I used the VHS and buy the tapes to keep me going.

A Happy recorder. The industry tricks us into giving up our good stuff for cheap stuff to make more money. They new that the DVDs were no good and you would have to keep buying them over and over...their profit on you buying them over and over. I stopped. You ought to pull out that old recorder you had that is still good and buy some tapes and start using it again.
on August 26, 2012
I am very pleased with the Maxell tapes. Even in SLP (EP) mode they have a very clear picture and sound. I know some people that still have VCRs, so I can watch stuff I've recorded at places besides at home, which I can't do with a DVR. Glad they're still making these cassettes.
on February 16, 2013
These tapes are performing very well during the process of converting old VHS to digital. They provide a good base from which I can get everything into my computer. Very cost effective!
on January 6, 2016
have used 3 tapes and I hate when you pay more now days for the tapes and at least one of them mess up in the machine and cant be used I know it's the tape because all the rest work maybe the tapes need to be made better so they work right this is not the only time this has happened I get lots of tapes and the 8 hr ones work a lot better but most times cost way to much. I like taping shows so I have them to watch later my dvr can't hold that many shows so it would b nice if all the tapes worked some times they will tape one show then mess up so you can't watch the show again so please have some pride in your product and have better control of what you put out it does not seem to mater the price with the workmanship i have payed more for the tapes and the are still bad ones in the pack
on February 8, 2013
I know that nobody uses these anymore, but we still do. They're the same quality they've always been and I was happy to find them.