5.0 out of 5 stars all right by me !!!
Published on August 10, 2007 by Matthew G. Sherwin

3.0 out of 5 stars maxell
normally I have very good luck with Maxell - this time 2 tapes in the same package were reverse wound on the left spindle, which fed the tape over the top and it would not rewind or forward. The low cost of the tapes about 80 cents each isn't worth the trouble of a return and thus far the rest of them are fine. After losing $1.50 they're still a good deal.
Published 19 months ago by j

5.0 out of 5 stars all right by me !!!, August 10, 2007
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Maxell UR-90 Blank Audio Cassette Tape - 7 Pack (108575) (Electronics)
Maxell manufactures excellent 90 minute cassette tapes for all purpose general recording. As long as you have the right kind of equipment, these tapes record the sounds of record albums, radio shows, CD-Rs, people talking and more. These tapes have 90 minutes worth of blank recording tapes on them so there are 45 blank minutes for recording on each side. The features of this tape make it good for recording lectures and music using standard, less expensive home stereo equipment. The tape playback sound will work well in any basic tape deck including the one in your car.

If you pay the Amazon price of $6.99 for the package of seven tapes you spend roughly 99 cents per tape and that's very inexpensive. The tapes allow you hours upon hours of listening enjoyment because you can record over them many times; and they take up very little room so they're easy to carry around with you.

Unfortunately, these tapes cannot produce the same quality recording reproduction as a digitalized copy would give you. This means that if, hypothetically, you were to copy a CD-R onto another CD-R instead of a Maxell cassette tape, the quality of the sound on the CD-R copy would be sharper and clearer with less background noise than a Maxell cassette tape or any other brand of cassette tape could give you. Maxell also manufactures higher quality cassette tapes including the Maxell XL-II. Moreover, cassette tapes can break if not handled with care. They can also break if used a few too many times, too. Therefore, I recommend that any important recorded material should be copied onto another blank tape and then keep that second tape in a safe place to use as a backup. These shortcomings frustrate me and therefore I will have to take off one star to make this a four star review.

The tapes have small pieces of plastic on the narrow top of each cassette which you can punch out easily so that accidental recording over an existing recording is impossible. If you do wish to record over an original recording then you can merely place a small amount of regular tape over the hole. The cassette tape is now ready to record a fresh recording.

Overall, Maxell makes a great choice when you want reliable cassette tapes to record music, the radio, people talking or anything you wish to record. I have used this brand for decades and I cannot think of any major complaints. I highly recommend Maxell normal bias 90 minute cassette tapes for you to use when you need to record something onto a tape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cassette tape for all purpose use, April 10, 2007
jamescyberjoe (Staten Island NY USA) - See all my reviews
Cassette Tape technology has come a long way.

While the technology is in it's twilight years,the format has benefitted from massive R&D over the years.

This has resulted in superior tape formulations,even in the low end.

This tape was a perfect match for my Sony tape recorder and several of my vintage decks.

In fact, the sound was so clear and bright I could not believe it was a normal bias tape.

And it is cheap.

Buy it you'll like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Tapes, September 25, 2011
I use these tapes for Astrology Lessons and for my clients(I am an Astrologer). They are wonderful tapes--the sound is pure. I don't know what I would do without them. I hope the manufacture continues to produce them forever! Everyone should buy these cassette tapes--for my work , they are better than a CD or MP 3
I have cassette tapes that are still good--one is from the 1960's when I appeared on the Johnny Carson TV show. Others I used in marathon crash courses in the 1980's--they are still as good now as when I recorded on them. Thank you amazon.com for making them available for purchase...very few stores stock them and I am happy to know that I can buy them from amazon.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Making some mix tapes in 2013, July 29, 2013
A friend mentioned something about mix tapes the other day and I asked if they even still sold cassette tapes. A quick search here and of course they still do. So I immediately ordered some. I believe this is the same packaging as the last time (sometime in the 90s) I bought blank tapes.

It's time for the cassette to make a comeback!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Fine!, September 14, 2011
Honestly, I've used these for years, and they're just fine. I know technology has surpassed these, but I still use them and am so glad to be able to get them through Amazon. I've checked prices elsewhere (when I can even find any!) , and Amazon can't be beat.

4.0 out of 5 stars AUDIO CASSETTE TAPES, November 28, 2012
I use a tape recorder to interview people for my work and the sound is very good when it is time to transcribe. Glad to find a larger that 3 pack.

3.0 out of 5 stars maxell, April 28, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars bad batch?, February 10, 2014
got these in the past, no problem, this time, nothing but problems, thought it was my recorder, which caused me a lot of aggravation, then finally caught on it was the cassettes, never again

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Surprise, December 1, 2013
Who started the rumor that there is no need for cassette tapes? I appreciated getting the product as well as having it available in the quantities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please keep making/selling these!, June 28, 2013
Cheap, effective, easy to use, and there's no really adequate substitute. Tape sessions with clients, hand them the tape, no muss no fuss. Can't find them anywhere else; I live in fear they'll quit making them.