Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat, Total Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- 5 - 22 pounds, 19 - 29", Cozi-dozi infant insert for added comfort for a smaller baby, 5-point harness with up-front harness adjustment, Attaches to the Quinny Buzz and Quinny Zapp for a travel system, Attaches to the Quinny Buzz and Quinny Zapp for a travel system
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- the fabric is very nice as has good padding.
- easy to remove the cover for cleaning. (My daughter spit up all over herself and the seat, but I was able to easily remove the harness straps and the cover and hand wash the cover and pads (machine wash is not recommended), I then rolled the cover in a towel to dry it as much as I could and put it in the dryer on low heat to fully dry). The straps were wiped down with a damp washcloth.
- seat is very lightweight. I think it's about 8 pounds
- the handle is a smooth seamless piece and is comfortable to grip.
- the handle can be in any locked position while in the car (according to the maxi-cosi website).
- the stay-in-car base has a tilt adjuster. This was really nice because my back seats are fairly angled, but I was able to adjust the base so the seat was level.
- Newer models (the pattern with the circles) of this carseat have standard metal buckles that can be inserted individually. When this seat was first released in the US, it had a puzzle lock where the two pieces had to be fit together and then inserted, but now it is like most other carseat buckles.
- the canopy is nice. it doesn't take up a lot of space and stays where you put it. Previous versions of this seat had a bulky canopy that reviewers often complained fell down.
- this seat, when paired with a Quinny Zapp makes a really slick travel system!
- you can adjust the straps easily with the button at the front of the seat.Read more ›
- The fabric was cotton like, not sticky, plastic or vinyl like some others I've seen. I live in Las Vegas and my son was born in the summer, so this was a very important consideration. Even though, his back still got very warm in the seat and he cried from being uncomfortable. I can only imagine it'd be worse with the other fabrics. The cover is also easily removed and washed.
-This seat is highly compatible with the Baby Jogger City Select stroller we purchased and also the Quinny Zap which we purchased later. I love that the seat can pop onto either one with ease.
There are some drawbacks to the seat, but I don't know how they compare with other brands as I've never used another seat.
- The seat is sometimes difficult to get popped into the base. I think the lever sometimes sticks in a position, so you have to get it unstuck before the seat properly snaps in. This is terrible when your baby is very young because it takes a lot of jiggling and is very jarring. Hope the baby wasn't sleeping because they for sure aren't now!
- Also makes a quite loud and jarring click when inserting the seat normally, not very convenient for the child you're trying not to disturb.
- Canopy could be a bit better. It doesn't quite cover enough to keep the sun out. It really depends on your vehicle though and the windows. In an SUV it works pretty well, in a car where the sun shines directly through the back window, a nightmare. We only had a car for a rental and the baby cried because the sun was directly in his face and there's not much you can do besides cover the seat with a blanket.
_The straps are a bit annoying.Read more ›
Watch out when securing this into the base. You have to make sure the lever is pulled all the way out on the base and make sure the seat clicks in. We also always pull up on the seat to make sure it's secured.
The seat won't last as long as some of the others out there as the limits are a little low.
Overall, it's a good seat but be careful with placing it in the base.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought the Mico for my 2nd child as per previous experience (Graco Sung n ride) was good but I knew there was better. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Christianne Pacheco
This is by far the best infant car seat on the market. My son was always very comfortable in here, and I always felt extremely safe having him in it. Wonderful car seat!Published 18 months ago by Donald Fraser
Good product but they needed to improve the description.
I but complementa for this order That wasn't necessary
I actually purchased my maxi-cosi mico on Zulily. It was the first baby time
I bought when learned I was pregnant. Read more
This car seat is an excelent purchase! It's lightweight and has a good design. It gives the child a good support.Published on December 16, 2013 by Juan Carlos Caballero
Works fine!, product made with quality. Very comfortable and works fine with quinny stroller!!! Recommend! the best option between other brands!Published on December 16, 2013 by Rafael Neves da Silva
I really liked this seat when my son was a newborn. I purchased this seat to connect to the uppababy vista. Read morePublished on December 5, 2013 by Rachel
I bought the maxi cosi to go with our bumbleride stroller. There are pros and cons, and it's probably a personal preference to each. Read morePublished on November 22, 2013 by mama2twins