5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous car seat
Published on July 4, 2008 by Alice Ew Wills

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but...
We originally purchased the Britax Marathon but sadly it was way to big to rear face in our compact car. After going back and for the between weather to buy the Priori or another smaller Britax we decided to go with the Priori because of it's fun colors and I guess just to try something new. Now I am pretty much wishing we had gone with the Britax.
The Priori is...
Published on March 11, 2008 by Boogieboymommy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous car seat, July 4, 2008
Alice Ew Wills "gopchick" (Navy wife in Naples, Italy) - See all my reviews
We LOVE this car seat. We bought the infant seat and loved that one as well. This chair fits in United's small seats on flights, as well as our older Euro cars. We live in Europe and had a lot of seats to choose from, US and European. This seat is far and away the best buy and wonderful quality. Our son gets to see out the windows of the car, he is comfortable for our long flights back to the states. The padding on the seat is very comfortable. The one glitch is that it does not work with most carseat travel systems for getting through the airport. I often have to travel without my husband. So I bought a small travel folding luggage cart, like people use for other carry on luggage and strapped it on. That worked so well, when we landed after an 11 hour flight, my son was still asleep. I put the chair on the cart, secured the straps and wheeled him off the plane and through customs. Good thing as the stroller I gate checked did not arrive, yet again. We are now buying a second one for my husbands car, after looking again at all the options we could not be happier!

4.0 out of 5 stars Maxi Cosi Priori, 3 years of good service!, March 23, 2010
I had this seat for my first kiddo. It was the first upgrade from a baby car seat and he loved it the instance he was put in it! It is comfortable sturdy and believe me if you have the latch system installing it is a breeze. There are a lot of pros on this seat and I confess a few cons but nothing is perfect.

Lets do the pros first, Ok admit it every one, it is such a stylish and fun looking car seat! It is compact and weighs much less than most of those monstrosities out there (except the combi cocorro new seat) It latches with ease to the latch system. Unlike what some reviews claim, the cover is easily removed and machine wash safe and re-installing it is a breeze. My son loved the recline position and his cute big head never dangles forward like a rag doll! Now last and MOST IMPORTANT it is really really (and I mean REALLY) Safe and sturdy! we actually and sadly put it to the test! We had a BMW 3 series and got rear ended (we were at full stop at a stop sign) by a Ford F450 truck going at 45 miles per hours (and he never stopped! yes an F450, didnt know they made 450's!)but thanks to the wonderful german engeneering and the amazing Maxi-Cozi the car was polvorized but my son got out with not even a scratch (obviously he was in the back seat). SO to answer every parent's main question YES IT IS VERY SAFE AND STURDY!

Cons; I have to say this is frustrating and the only reason I did not give it a five, the belt buckle is very short, dont know why they made it this way. It gets tricky to get your child in the seat with the winter gear on, honestly in summer it is no problem at all. ANother con, but really not a big of a deal, the blets twist a lot.

So in a nut shell,
pros: safe, sturdy, washable, compact, reclining and comfy, cool colors
Cons: short bottom buckle, magicly twisting belts

I do recomend it and I am actually buying a new one too! (you have got to change car seats after a major crash)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but..., March 11, 2008
The Priori is nice and has the latch system which is wonderful but the safety harness twists easily, the crotch pad is tiny and just gets in the way, the buckle is not always easy to latch and getting the cover off to wash is a real pain... I pretty much had to take the whole darn thing apart.
On the upside it is a great size for compact cars, the color variety is fun and it has a cup holder to set the sippy cup in. All and all though I wish we had just gone with the smaller Britax (Roundabout or Diplomat).

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with this purchase, April 3, 2009
euro mama (portland, oregon) - See all my reviews
We bought the Maxi Cosi Cabrio for our first baby and we loved it, though our son outgrew it pretty fast. For our second baby, we decided to get the Priori because we wanted to keep him rear facing comfortably for as long as possible, and we also knew we'd need another forward-facing car seat (our first child is still using his). Here are the pros and cons:

PROS
1. Aesthetics. The colors choices are great and we loved the pumpkin. It looks sort of maroon in the pictures, but it's a cherry red with cantaloupe accents.
2. Fabric. The fabric is very durable and washes nicely. We also like the softness of the accent fabric. It's kind of suede-like, which is nice when our son falls asleep and rests his face against it.
3. Size. Fits perfectly in our Honda CR-V, rear-facing and forward-facing.
4. Comfort. Plush enough for long car rides. The recline options are great.
5. Easy to Install. I know other customers have complained about confusing instructions, but I didn't find them hard at all. It's pretty straight-forward and only took me about 10 minutes. I used the LATCH system, rear-facing.

CONS
1. Not Attachable to a Stroller. We have the Quinny Zapp that we used with our Cabrio, and with a sleeping infant, it is really great to be able to just attach the carseat to the stroller without having to transfer them. You can't do that with this one, obviously.
2. Price. I just have to say this about all car seats. I think it's such a racket how much we are charged for baby safety equipment. $200 for everything! Eek.

2.0 out of 5 stars What Parents Need to Know BEFORE Purchase, February 22, 2010
We got this car seat to replace our Graco Safe Seat at our son's first birthday. Upon installation (yes, the instructions could be clearer, but an extra minute had everything in its place), I was instantly pleased because even rear-facing, it was three inches shorter than the Safe Seat, allowing us to reclaim some leg-room in front. It was also much more secure due to a better latch system, which was also makes installation and removal easier. My son was happy because it puts him higher and better able to see out, and overall, he seems comfortable.
Upon using it for a while, I discovered the issues. First, the seatbelt fabric is less rigid than our last car seat, enabling it to twist very easily.....and I mean VERY easily. Unfortunately, though it is not easy or quick to correct. Second, the release at the bottom is very stubborn. It is one button to release both sides but you have to press it on either edge of the button for both sides to actually come out, and pressing gently is not an option. It is only mildly annoying when your child is awake, but wrestling with it to release a sleeping baby will cause frustration.
Finally, if I pay $200 for a car seat, I expect it to be well constructed and last more than ten weeks. A few mornings ago, my son lost his breakfast in the car, so I had to wash the seat's cover. I will credit Maxi-Cosi with making a seat that is easier to take apart for washing than Graco, but my Graco seat did hold up to multiple washing, where after one wash, I now have a two inch hole in the Maxi-Cosi. The hole is on a seam, and upon examining the stitching, I am surprised that the whole cover did not unravel, as the stitches are huge and loose. Time now to learn how strong their customer service is.

UPDATE: I called customer service and they have no issues with a seat manufactured on 11/11/09 coming apart on 2/19/2010. They claim that you can only HAND WASH their product, and that does not mean the "Hand Wash Cycle." Yes, Donna Reed, they want you to hang over your bathtub and scrub the cover by hand and then leave it dripping for a day, because you really don't need your car seat, do you? I tried to explain that I would not have purchased a product that cannot be washed due to time constraints and the CSR's comment was "we advertise it in our instruction manual." Sorry, but I did not read it until (drum roll) I purchased the product. Now, to make this all better, they will ALLOW me to buy another seat cover.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Car Seat...with only a few minor complaints, June 9, 2008
A. West (Charleston, SC USA) - See all my reviews
I did A LOT of research before buying the Maxi Cosi Priori for our 11 month old son. His previous car seat was also a Maxi Cosi (Cabriofix) that we purchased from Europe mainly because of the safety factor of having the isofix system that it latched into, but also because of the convenience of how it popped out of the car and clicked into his Quinny Buzz stroller with no problem. We absolutely loved it!
As far as the Priori goes, we were considering it or the Britax Boulevard. The Priori is a little smaller than the B.B.(which we like for travel purposed in airports..as well as the fact that it was more likely to be compatible with rental cars in Europe when traveling abroad),and seemed to have more protective foam near where our child's head would be. We were also drawn to the reclining option that the Priori offers (although our son still sits in it in a rear-facing position so we can't take advantage of the reclining option until we turn him around).
The only complaints that I have are the difficulty of taking off the cover to wash (we had a diaper leak the first week that we had the car seat) and the buckle (you have to push really hard on the button to release the two metal buckles...definately not easy or something you could do with one hand like his Cabriofix was).

5.0 out of 5 stars i've bought 3 over the past 10 years., September 11, 2009
just had my 3rd baby and bought this seat again. i've had 3 so far in 10 years.
my baby loves it.
i love it.
i can machine wash the cover easily and the fabric colors and overall durability remained intact over the years.
it reclines to 4 positions while the baby is in it, unlike the britax which has only 2 positions and you have to take the seat apart and baby out in order to recline.
love the harness straps to get it out of the way when putting baby in.
it's light weight.
it's colors are vibrant and fun.
the straps can be easily adjusted to change lengths when the child grows.
what else is there to say?
well by the time you need to change it, you'll be needing a booster seat anyway. (although i ended up giving it to friends and family since it still looked brand new after 4 or so years. i wish i kept them but didn't know at the time i would have a 3rd babe.)
10 years and the same 3 car seats says something about this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and stylish seat!, February 7, 2009
This is the perfect seat for those of us who don't want our car looking like a daycare. It's especially stylish, in a European kind of way. My only complaint (and it's very small and minor) is the bottom buckle is somewhat difficult to snap. The pieces slide along the harness and are often underneath my daughter when I put her in the seat. Otherwise, I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can adjust recline position while baby sitting in it!, January 31, 2009
Patrick (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I already have a Britax Marathon car seat but now I need to get a second one for my wife's car. We did some research and finally picked this seat because:
- As many of you know, if you put a car seat in up-right position, when your baby falls asleep, its little head will rest its shoulder, which looks uncomfortable to me. Now, with this car seat, I can adjust the recline position when my baby is in the seat. That means when my baby falls asleep, I can recline the seat, and pull the seat up again when she is awake. If I need to adjust recline position on my Britax car seat, I'll have to release the LATCH, adjust recline position, and then reinstall it again.
- I love the color of this seat! This seat has many color choices and many of them are very attractive.
- We plan to have a second kid in the near future. Our Britax car seat would be too bulky for my wife's car (a 4 door sedan) when the seat is installed rear-facing. So we chose this smaller seat for both our current and future babies.

Note that my baby is petite size, and this seat fit her perfectly fine. But if you have a super size baby, this seat probably won't work for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Smaller Cars, January 3, 2009
This car seat fits very securely in the rear facing position in both my Prius and my sister's Saab 9-3. I also like the way the wings come out on the sides so my baby can rest her head on them when she falls asleep. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because I wish the weight limit was higher. The chili pepper color was much pinker than I expected, but I'm very pleased with this car seat overall.

ARRAY(0xa0455a5c)