5.0 out of 5 stars Egg time!
Great for warming water.. It goes to boiling in a couple of minutes.. Not sure how.. Maybe it is witchcraft.. Eggs come out great btw.

This is my second unit.. First one was mistakenly thrown out by wife because she was too lazy to wash it.

Published 10 months ago by Aztecsamurai

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy. It's just rubish.
Just used two times yesterday, and today I found rust on the bottom.
It's just rubish.
Published on August 30, 2009 by Oh Kyun Kwon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy. It's just rubish., August 30, 2009
Oh Kyun Kwon (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MaxiMatic EHP-001 Elite Cuisine 32-Ounce Electric Hot Pot with Egg Cooker and Steam Rack, White (Kitchen)
Just used two times yesterday, and today I found rust on the bottom.
It's just rubish.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugly Rust!!!, December 5, 2009
Ugly rust began to form early on and continues to increase. I am concerned about the health effects of drinking water heated in this unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous Product, do not buy, August 2, 2012
This kettle is sold under many different names, GTC, Continental, Maxi-Matic, Proctor Silex and Rival to name a few. They are all the same unit with a different screen printed name on the front.

I thought about getting a hot pot to boil water for my coffee instead of using the microwave and I limped in with this $10 purchase. The idea is sound and I will be buying another hot pot but this product was a waste of money. After the first week I started seeing an orange ring around the bottom hot plate, I later found out this was rust, which I have been drinking. After two weeks the unit would only work intermittently. I figured out while moving it around that water was coming out of the bottom. I took it apart and realized that the plastic pot interfaces with the hot metal heating element at a cheap silicone seal that had failed. This would also explain the foul taste in the boiled water. The heating element had rusted up between the seal and the metal.

There's no doubt that if I had continued to use this it would have been possible that water could have seeped out and I could have grounded on it and gotten a good shock. Do not buy this. Amazon should remove it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg time!, January 3, 2014
Aztecsamurai (Hollywood, California U.S.A.) - See all my reviews

Mfg recommends that the unit be washed out after every use.. If allowed to sit bottom will corrode. If you are a lazy person that lives in squallier this is not the item for you.

If you are like me and wash your pots out after use then bottom will not rust or corrode. Be sure to towel dry after wash and unit will last for many years. This is a small price to pay for cold to boiling water in 120 seconds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rust Bucket - Literally, May 17, 2011
Melissa McCauley (North Little Rock, AR) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This heats water to boiling quite effectively, but the heating element began to form rust very quickly. At first it was one little spot, but the entire interior turned an ugly yellow color in an amazingly short amount of time. $15 wasted, I wish I had read these reviews first instead of just grabbing this at the grocery store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy this, IF YOU WANT TO GET ELECTROCUTED!, March 1, 2012
This product is faulty. I bought one, and with in a week it started leaking, so I returned it for another one. A few days later this one started leaking too! The scary thing is that it leaks right where the power chord comes out. I'm guessing this can't be safe. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

1.0 out of 5 stars You should be ashamed, January 17, 2010
I purchased this pot about a year ago and after a few days I noticed a small rust spot on the heating element inside. Presentlly the whole element is a nice rust color. I am afraid to use it any longer. I also see that the pot is made in China. I suspect that is the problem. They have continued to make junk after junk and the U. S. companies keep wanting China to make more junk for Americans. I will make sure that I do not purchase another Elite Hot Pot again. All I know right now is that I am out $12.00. Thanks for the eye opener.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soup good, March 27, 2012
On her cruise ship daughter gets a lot of use out of this pot for soups and other foods, and it's good to boil water for tea. She also uses it to steam her complexion and open her sinus. Seems to be a good option when there's no micro wave.

1.0 out of 5 stars Suggest Amazon to remove this item, November 20, 2011
Mostly made by hard plastic materials, only some metal at the bottom buy rusty once the pot was used. leaking water after one week usage. Stronly suggest Amazon to remove this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars got this for a hot water bath for my hide glue, March 9, 2014
see my other review on hide glue. the thermostat on the front is great because it could get the hide glue right at 145F and hold it there while I was working on gluing up some instruments. Since I did not buy this to 'cook' in but for my workshop, I can still say that it works great and if you wanted to use it as a steamer or egg cooker should work. since I am using like a double boiler you could probably use it that way to for delicate puddings, flam, etc. with a thermostat in the water it worked well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›