4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for and a little more!
Published on March 14, 2010 by Mom's Stuff

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk
This blender might cost less than the Magic Bullet but you cannot chop ice or put anything hot in it. The material it is made of is a cheap plastic. Don't waste your time or money buying it.
Published on August 5, 2010 by unsatisfied

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for and a little more!, March 14, 2010
Mom's Stuff (Corona, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MaxiMatic EPB-1800 Elite Cuisine 300-Watt 17-Piece Personal Drink Blender, Black (Kitchen)
I have purchased three of these and I think I am going to purchase another. The last three still work. The first one was designed a little differently, more like the Magic Bullet. The last two are like the picture with the push button. The first I had gotten for my daughter when she moved out. Well she moved back in so I got to use it. I love it for protein shakes. Then I bought two more one for me and one for my sister. Well the son moved out so he got the oldest one. The daughter moved out so she got the one that was here that we were using. The third one was a gift to my sister. Now I don' have one here and I wanted to get away from the three tabs only because sometimes they are hard to slide in. After reading all the reviews I decided that for the price you cannot beat it. It comes with more blending cups than any of the others. Once you get used to using it, you will find out what works and what doesn't. The pulse button is great, just like a large blender you are not supposed to let it run nonstop. Unless the Magic Bullet has changed design you have to turn the whole cup and then turn to stop so hard to pulse. It also has the three tabs. I have used the Magic Bullet so this is from first hand experience.

Pros -
1. Price
2. 300 watt motor
3. Number of cups included
4. Pulse button
5. Customer Service at the company is really good.

Cons
1. Cups are probably not dishwasher safe. I have had some leak in the seam, so I stopped putting them in the dishwasher. I did contact the manufacturer and they did send me two replacement cups (including useless travel lids and gray rings) :) I just had to pay shipping $4.95. They did report the problem so maybe there will be a fix. I also thought it might be caused by the whole ice cubes pulsing against the sides.

Neutral
1. The gray rings, not sure what their purpose is. They are too small to insulate, I don't hold the cup at the top to drink. Don't really get it. Would rather see another cup or a refrigerator lid.

If you are using ice, you have to use a liquid. I don't really think it is loud. if you are crushing ice it will be loud no matter what blender you are using. You only blend for seconds, so no big deal to me.

Now that I have written a novel, I hope that it will help someone choose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smoothie Time, October 13, 2008
I bought this item to make smoothies for breakfast on the way out the door in the morning. It works great. I did some research and this one is as good as any. Price isn't too bad. It is powerful enough to handle the frozen fruit and not too loud. Doesn't bother the other sleeping people in the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BLENDER!, March 29, 2011
This little blender is great! Very powerful. I throw in whole strawberries, frozen blueberries, carrots... it handles it all, quickly and completely blending everything. It is easy to clean and use and has a lot to it for the price. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best personal blender around for a smoothie a day., April 8, 2011
This personal blender is a workhorse that makes great smoothies. Also chops herbs without beating them to death. It handles ice cubes and frozen fruit very well. Great price compared to the Magic Bullet and other highly advertised personal blenders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product for Price!, August 17, 2010
I originally bought this set on HSN and I love it. I use it on avg. about 6 times a day and have had no problems out of this device. Even after using it everyday for over 3 months. I make Slim Fast shakes twice a day and the rest of my famliy makes Iced Cappucinos and saves us a fortune from getting them at Tim Hortons. The recipe for the cappucino is fill with favorite coffee (I use Espresso Blend from Gavalia Coffees) to first line on tall mixing glass then fill to second line with Half and Half and regular milk. Add vanilla extract and sugar to taste (i use 1/4 cup sugar or Splenda and about 3/4 tsp real vanilla). Blend. Add 8-10 ice cubes (I have an automatic ice maker so I am using the half moon shaped ice cubes, could be more or less if you use reg. trays) Blend till smooth. Super yummy.. and you can add any flavor shot you want, hazelnut, mint, chocolate..ect. It blends my Slim fast shakes which I add ice too to make it more like a real shake and the iced cappucinos like a champ. Give it a few good pulses then blend continuously for about 30 seconds and you have a thick smooth shake. It makes regular malts and shakes without any effort as well. My Aunt became addicted to my iced caps so I purchased a second set here on Amazon for her. I am going to purchase a third set for my house because there are 6 of us and we are always fighting over the cups. :)The travel lids are great for when I make my slim fast shake in the morning and I can throw on the lid and add a straw and I have an instant travel cup to run kids to school and do errands with breakfast on the go. I do agree with other reviews that the gray rings are pretty much useless other than just for grip. But I do highly recommend this as you can't beat the performance for the price. If your looking for a juicer this is not for you. If your looking to make smooth shakes and mixed drinks without leftover ice chunks, then look no further. If you find you hear a chunk of ice left just give it a few good pulses and let chunk settle back down between pulses it will chop it right up.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use and saves me money, August 17, 2010
Excellent blender. I have had the magic bullet in the past and actually like this one better. I have saved a bundle on making my own smooties and iced coffee drinks already. Easy to use, fast clean up. Will be buying for all my family for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 5, 2010
I'm a single guy and bought this soley to make smoothies and milk shakes and it does a great and fast job blending these! I don't chop ice or anything else. If the recipe calls for ice, as Orange Julius, I simply add a small amount of water and blend then put it in the feezer for 10 minutes. I clean the chopping blade base immediately after blending by running it under hot water. The foam grips are a nice addition too. I really like this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk, August 5, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Was great at first...then fell apart!, May 3, 2011
I bought this item about 7 months ago. I had to throw it away a few weeks ago due to all the cups busting and leaking. Let me first say I do not own a dishwasher so they were always washed by hand. How in the world do cups fall apart at the seams? poor design!

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth paying for name brand, July 7, 2012
Bought this in leiu of the Magic Bullet Brand. Should have paid for the product we wanted. Barely cuts through ice cream to make a smoothie and bogs down with greek yogurt. Have not had it long enough to try much else but it also struggles with onions....i think a traditional blender does a better job.

Rate and Discover Movies