Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on March 14, 2010
I have purchased three of these and I think I am going to purchase another. The last three still work. The first one was designed a little differently, more like the Magic Bullet. The last two are like the picture with the push button. The first I had gotten for my daughter when she moved out. Well she moved back in so I got to use it. I love it for protein shakes. Then I bought two more one for me and one for my sister. Well the son moved out so he got the oldest one. The daughter moved out so she got the one that was here that we were using. The third one was a gift to my sister. Now I don' have one here and I wanted to get away from the three tabs only because sometimes they are hard to slide in. After reading all the reviews I decided that for the price you cannot beat it. It comes with more blending cups than any of the others. Once you get used to using it, you will find out what works and what doesn't. The pulse button is great, just like a large blender you are not supposed to let it run nonstop. Unless the Magic Bullet has changed design you have to turn the whole cup and then turn to stop so hard to pulse. It also has the three tabs. I have used the Magic Bullet so this is from first hand experience.

Pros -
1. Price
2. 300 watt motor
3. Number of cups included
4. Pulse button
5. Customer Service at the company is really good.

Cons
1. Cups are probably not dishwasher safe. I have had some leak in the seam, so I stopped putting them in the dishwasher. I did contact the manufacturer and they did send me two replacement cups (including useless travel lids and gray rings) :) I just had to pay shipping $4.95. They did report the problem so maybe there will be a fix. I also thought it might be caused by the whole ice cubes pulsing against the sides.

Neutral
1. The gray rings, not sure what their purpose is. They are too small to insulate, I don't hold the cup at the top to drink. Don't really get it. Would rather see another cup or a refrigerator lid.

If you are using ice, you have to use a liquid. I don't really think it is loud. if you are crushing ice it will be loud no matter what blender you are using. You only blend for seconds, so no big deal to me.

Now that I have written a novel, I hope that it will help someone choose.
55 comments| 678 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2008
I bought this item to make smoothies for breakfast on the way out the door in the morning. It works great. I did some research and this one is as good as any. Price isn't too bad. It is powerful enough to handle the frozen fruit and not too loud. Doesn't bother the other sleeping people in the house.
0Comment| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2011
This little blender is great! Very powerful. I throw in whole strawberries, frozen blueberries, carrots... it handles it all, quickly and completely blending everything. It is easy to clean and use and has a lot to it for the price. Highly recommend!
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2011
This personal blender is a workhorse that makes great smoothies. Also chops herbs without beating them to death. It handles ice cubes and frozen fruit very well. Great price compared to the Magic Bullet and other highly advertised personal blenders.
on August 5, 2010
This blender might cost less than the Magic Bullet but you cannot chop ice or put anything hot in it. The material it is made of is a cheap plastic. Don't waste your time or money buying it.
on May 3, 2011
I bought this item about 7 months ago. I had to throw it away a few weeks ago due to all the cups busting and leaking. Let me first say I do not own a dishwasher so they were always washed by hand. How in the world do cups fall apart at the seams? poor design!
on April 25, 2011
I thought that I was buying a Magic Bullet, this is not it. I have had a Magic Bullet and it works just as good. Currently I'm deployed in Afghanistan and I wanted fruit shakes...let's just say it's a life saver. Came with 5 cups with tops and 2 blades. Blends somewhat quite.
on February 5, 2010
I'm a single guy and bought this soley to make smoothies and milk shakes and it does a great and fast job blending these! I don't chop ice or anything else. If the recipe calls for ice, as Orange Julius, I simply add a small amount of water and blend then put it in the feezer for 10 minutes. I clean the chopping blade base immediately after blending by running it under hot water. The foam grips are a nice addition too. I really like this.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2010
Excellent blender. I have had the magic bullet in the past and actually like this one better. I have saved a bundle on making my own smooties and iced coffee drinks already. Easy to use, fast clean up. Will be buying for all my family for Christmas.
on July 4, 2012
I purchased this item in april, it burned out in June. I probably used it 3x week, starting in April, and at the end of June the motor burned out on the blender. Definitely not worth the money. Think twice before you consider this item.