Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Elite Platinum EPC-808 8 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker (Stainless Steel)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 18, 2011
I love the ELITE EPC-808 8 QT Pressure Cooker by Maxi-matic. Everything I have tried in the past three weeks has been great. I am still learning what works the best for my family's taste. I really appreciate the 8 Qt pot! I've been able to feed us three, plus guests and/or have fantastic leftovers. I was able to can three qts of green beans from the garden. I didn't need to drag out the large old jiggle-top for just three quarts.
I purchased Laura Sass PRESSURE PERFECT and Bob Warden's SLOW FOOD FAST. Between them and the manual I have been able to make some delicious meals. I borrowed Miss Vickie's book, PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES from the library- glad I didn't purchase it, not as useful for me, but appreciated the introduction pages.
I really like the delay, and stay warm feature along with the ability to manually set times.
I purchased mine through Best Buy on-line for $99, but needed to pick it up at the store.

Edit January 4, 2012: At 11 months the ELITE EPC-808 by Maxi-matic quit. I called the company. They knew it was the fuse and immediately mailed it to me. It was easy to switch out and the 8 qt pressure cooker has been humming along ever since. I loved using the pressure cooker during the long hot summer; I would plug it in out on the porch as to not heat up the house, yet have a real meal. That said, the pressure cooker lets off less heat than stovetop or oven cooking.

Edit May 2015: It still works like a champ. I learned to steam rice with it ,too.
77 comments|199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2013
I received my MaxiMatic EPC-808BL Elite Platinum Digital Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker quickly and I had to try it out right away. I made some barbecue turkey wings in my pot that turned out quite wonderful. A quick review of the manual indicated the setting (Poultry) and I added an extra 15 minutes (perfect). Some seasonings, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of barbecue sauce, some cayenne pepper, a table spoon of dry chicken seasoning, ½ table spoon of salt, and 2 table spoons of chopped garlic (Yummy). I also washed and placed 4 medium size russet potatoes in the pot. I closed it and set it. In 40 minutes I had perfect barbecue. I could not believe it. The nonstick pan was easy to clean up. Caution, once the timer goes off, the pot is still full of pressure. I bled the steam off by turning the valve on and off for about 2 minutes. Then I left the valve open to release the rest of the pressure. Once all the steam released, I was able to get to my wonderful barbecue turkey wings. The internal pot is a nice size, wonderful for a large family, but you can also cook small amounts just as easily. I can’t wait to try out some of the great looking recipes in the book that came with the pot. The outside is made of very hard, durable plastic, beneficial for light weight and surfaces that is not scorching hot while cooking. You must try this MaxiMatic EPC-808BL Elite Platinum Digital Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker if you like easy, fast, and efficient cooking. For real!!!
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2012
I have used regular pressure cookers for years and was looking forward to getting an electric / automatic pressure cooker. In other post - there is a reference to this model only being 12 PSI and the Nesco model being 15 PSI. I liked the Nesco simplicity so I checked into it and found that the Nesco model is now only 10PSI for the high pressure.

Moreover - I sorted the Nesco reviews by newest first - and was stunned to see a 50 50 ratio of 1 star reviews to all others for Oct and Nov 2012. Most of the reviews were describing failure in the first few months. To me - that indicates a serious decline in quality.

So far - this model - the Maxi-Matic EPC-808 - lowest review is 3 stars. At least there is not an indication of premature failure.

So purchased it a week ago and used it twice this weekend and it was a breeze to use. It was nice to be able to plug it in and walk away. Still a little skeptical after seeing all the quality issues on other pressure cookers - I purchased a three year warranty to hedge just in case.

If and when this PC does fail - I will update this review and let others know. If it continues to work as advertised we will be very happy with it.

*************

Update: Jan 2014. Still working fine. No problems.
on June 20, 2013
I have used many sizes and brand names of electric pressure cookers over the years. This one is the best! I have it in blue. It is a beautiful navy blue. Easy to program. Cooks faster than my other digital pressure cookers and is easier to handle and clean. The inner pot is nonstick. It does scratch a little with metal utensils, but it does not seem to affect the nonstick ability. I use this twice a week and cook large amounts of all kinds of food in it. This one browns, steams, cooks rice, slow cooks, pressure cooks and shuts off when done. It also has a long delay for starting the cooking of the food, which I do not use, but tried it and it worked. It cooks silently and quickly and the food tastes like it has been slow cooked. MARVELOUS APPLIANCE. Will buy another when I get some extra money and keep it for future use. This is a great price, too.
88 comments|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2011
I got this from HSN. The black version. I love this cooker

I have made lots of different meals in a very short time and I don't have to worry if something is frozen, I can still cook it faster in here than defrosting and worrying about the microwave cooking it.

Its HUGE. I think that's the primary reason I went for this one. We always have plenty of leftovers and although it has all those presets, I just cook it based on the time I want it in there. I am not sure where the reviewer missed that you can have it cook for a specific amount of time, but its possible and even better in my opinion.
on October 31, 2013
I have had this pressure cooker for about a month, and I use it several times a week. I love it! I've never owned another, so I cannot compare its features. However, I decided on the 8-quart because of some other reviews I read, and I'm so glad I did. I've never had any problem with foaming or clogging the steam vent, because I leave plenty of space in the cooker. But since its 8 quarts, I can still get a lot of food in it. I have barely used my slow cooker since I got this. Food tastes better, and is easier to prepare. I should also mention my family eats a lot of whole grains, beans, and vegetables. This diet requires quite a bit of food-prep time, and the pressure cooker makes it so much easier and faster. This particular model seems to be a great value for the money. It is large, but not unattractive sitting on my counter. The selections on the face are a little hard to read, but I got accustomed to them very quickly, and I rarely even look at them anymore. I would highly recommend this product.
on December 14, 2011
I currently sold my wonderful 6-quart Instapot (I loved that little guy) to purchase this unit. It has been terrific! I only cook once a week & this is perfect. The 2 additional quarts makes a difference and the food is great. Very, very quiet. It beeps ater the pressure is contained and beeps about 4 times when it's done. The quick release, awesome!!! The ribs turned out terrifice; mac & cheese too good to mention. I would strongly recommend Bob Wardens Slow Food Fast (pressure cookbook); it's the best on the market.
on April 16, 2012
Ok so I'm on my third one of these. I ordered the first one a couple of weeks ago. I tried to use it but steam was escaping from all around the sides. The directions direct us to return it immediately if upon first use that happens. 2nd one came and I cooked some soup. Ingredients were not cooked all the way (I'm new to pressure cooking, so my fault - not the machine's). However, I put it back on to cook for a little while longer and an error message came on. I searched in vain to find a remedy, but I finally had to call the company and find out what to do. It turns out the the E4 error is a permanent, unfixable error: the machine could not simply be reset, or anything like that. I had to exchange yet another one of these. However, 3rd time seems like a charm so far! Made some great lentil soup, and some great chicken soup (had some people who were sick here the past few days - self included).

I'm brand new to Pressure cooking. My Awesome girlfriend turned me on to pressure cooking. She's a great cook and she knows I like to cook. Now all I need is some good simple recipes to practice to get used to pressure cooking and timing and such! Really looking forward to getting a lot of use out of this machine. Thanks Babe!!

I was patient with the first two machines. I figured it's already paid for, and I really want it to work. Three strikes would have been it for me. But as I said, 3rd time seems like a charm. Must have been a fluke that happened to get two bad ones in a row. Would I buy another one as a gift, or as a replacement should I drop this one or something? Absolutely! I love the extra large size that I can put lots of ingredients and still have room for the stew or broth.
22 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2014
I was reluctant at first, reading the reviews and evaluating the comments. Took the plunge and ordered it from Amazon. I however needed the stainless steel pot, as I have been moving away from non-stick and Teflon. (Lodge Logic afficionado). HSN had the Elite stainless steel pot for about $35. First dish after boiling water in it, was a dish that took me hours to cook over the stove (Chicken and Rice Soup from scratch). 50 minutes later I had chicken soup with flavor so deep and foreign, as I had never tasted that depth in the flavor (it escaped in the air as the chicken cooked). the next meal was butternut squash, that I would have either boiled in a pot for a while or baked. With the Elite, diced the squash in 1 inch pieces some water, salt, cinnamon, butter and brown sugar; 8 minutes later, I had the most amazing squash ever. The pattern now is clear: with sealed cooking method, the flavor does not escape, hence the depth of flavor. I highly recommend it.
on December 11, 2013
This is my first pressure cooker and I had never used one prior to this so I cannot compare it to other such products. Things I like: 1) does not take up valuable stovetop space because it is electric; 2) easy to clean; 3) easy to use. Things I do not like: 1) no high, medium, low, or temperature settings which makes it a guessing game when recipes say "cook on high" or, "reduce to low pressure;" 2) instruction manual is not easy to understand for a novice.
Results: I have made black bean vegetrian soup twice in my pressure cooker. In 45 minutes I can go from dried beans to a delicious soup. Chili and the soups turn out well. I made gravy from scratch which turned out delicious and was much quicker than the stovetop recipe. The chicken and also pork tenderloin dishes that I've made using the use manual instructions were dry and not nearly as good as when I cook in the oven. I would recommend this product for soups, stew chili, or other high water content recipes.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse