Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Maxim 3 Level Ramp Racer
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 9, 2014
A lot of these reviews are critical of this item's size, and say it is unsuitable for toddlers, so I want to address that issue.

I purchased this for my one-year-old, and he is completely enamored of it. His fine motor skills could use some improvement, so I wasn't expecting him to be able to use this by himself on the first try-- but he managed to get it to work after only a few minutes of trial and error. This is due in large part to the construction-- even if the cars aren't perfectly on the track, they still go down with relative ease. My son also figured out that if one got stuck (because he put it on sideways) a little jiggle of the ramps would set it right. So your child doesn't have to have the fine motor skills of a preschooler to get enjoyment out of this.

Also, my son rarely pays attention to toys for more than a few minutes, but this kept his full attention for nearly 15 minutes. In that respect it is perfect for his developmental stage-- it's not too complicated, but it is interesting and requires enough engagement that he doesn't get tired of it immediately. I wouldn't buy it for children any younger, though; even if they had the fine motor skills, the cars move REALLY fast, so might be hard for them to keep track of.

And yes, the cars are VERY small-- a bit smaller than an eraser. I would definitely not leave young children unsupervised with it. My son is nearly 14 months and still puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, but frankly he was so entranced with this that he only tried it once, and since I was supervising I was able to quickly correct him.

For these reasons I'm actually convinced that this is a great toddler toy, but ONLY WITH SUPERVISION.

Overall, this item is beautifully made, and appears quite sturdy. The colors are classic and it is incredibly attractive. The cars are wood, but of a really good weight which helps them to self-correct if they are put on slightly crooked. I would definitely purchase this item again, and I'm sure my son would too!
on November 15, 2012
I purchased this for my nephew's first birthday. Not only does he love watching the cars race down the ramp, but his two older sisters (2 and 5) enjoy playing with it as well. A great family toy!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 11, 2016
░░░░░WELL MADE / STURDY░░░░░

❖ This toy is well made. It's sturdy enough to hold up to the daily use of a small child. It's all wood construction (with metal screws holding it together). My older kid's preschool has this same model of this toy. It's at least several years old and has held up to daily use to kids aged 3 to 5. So I'm pretty confident in saying it's built to last.

❖ The cars are small, but not choking hazard small. They are about an 1 1/2" wide and 1 3/4" long.

❖ As for the enjoyment factor of this toy, it's mesmerizing. Both my 1 year old and myself have had a blast playing with this. There is something about watching the cars flip down the track. It's relaxing. And my 1 year old can pick up the cars and set them properly on the track so he can play with it by himself. The cars don't have to be in any precision grooves or anything that would make it tough for a small child to place them on a track.
review image review image
on January 14, 2014
I bought this for my two year old son and it did not hold his interest very long at all. He occasionally returns to it,but the design is a bit too simple in my opinion. Perhaps the cars zigzag down their track too quickly and that makes it harder to enjoy.
on February 26, 2016
Our 2 year old grandson absolutely LOVES this! It is the perfect size for him to pick up and carry around. His 11 year old sister even likes to play with it which makes him get possessive and move it!!! It is all wood. The only problem we have is that he wants to use his other little cars on it and they are too big!!! This has become his favorite toy to play with at Gamma and Gammpas house!!!
on August 26, 2015
My kids got this for Xmas and 8 months later my 5yo and 2 yo are still playing with it. The cars are small, probably a little smaller than a matchbox car. They are cute and well made. The little ramp is cute and sturdy. I love that it's made from wood as we are trying to stay away from plastic toys. While this toy doesn't hold their attention for ours, they do play with it for short periods of time. I don't keep it out all the time, which helps to hold its play value. It's fun to watch the cars go down the ramps and they love racing them. I love that the cars are all different colors and have numbers on them. It just increases the learning and play value!
on May 28, 2016
The cars are smaller, indicating you would want to give this to a 1.5 or 2 year old who's past the mouthing stage. My 1.5 year old played with this a few times but quickly lost interest. The ramp was much smaller than I expected it to be.
on February 25, 2015
The cars are smaller than I expected and are almost a choking hazard for the "18 month and up" that it is supposed to be for. It did not keep my son's attention at all and we are bringing it to a children's resale place so maybe someone else's child will enjoy it. I was honestly disappointed in this toy and I don't say that much about M&D toys.
on December 28, 2011
I just got this for my 1 year old for christmas and he loves it, as do my 3 and 6 year old.
on January 22, 2015
Love it! My son loved it when we gave it to him for Christmas when he was only 9 mos. and continues to love it to this day (22 mos.). It's awesome that it doesn't matter which way the car is put in, it still works great. Obviously it was more exciting for the 9 mos.-18 mos. age range as it is pretty small, but overall a great toy.