Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Maxim Tumbletree Timbers Building Set, 162-Pieces
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 22, 2008
These Tumble Tree Timbers are wonderful! They are absolutly just as good as Lincoln Logs and work perfectly with any Lincoln Log set, except they cost a fraction of the price! I dont' know why anyone would even waste their money on Lincoln Logs, you get SO many more of these for a much less price. The ONLY difference is that the color of the wood on these is a different shade of wood than the lincoln logs, so if you are mixing sets you should know there is a color difference. Other than that they are a magnificant toy, and a a great value. I wish I would have known about these before I wasted my money the first set we have of Lincoln Logs. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this toy!!!
on October 15, 2009
Like everyone else I remember Lincoln Logs from my childhood. This set has so few long, or even medium pieces that it is very limiting in just free building as opposed to the "set" that is pictured. I suppose we'll have to go to all the yard sales to try and supplement. Should have done that in the first place instead of spending this much money on this set. Disappointing.
on October 22, 2008
Do not waste your money on Lincoln Logs! This set is just as high quality for so much less. We bought this set last year for our girls for Christmas (ages 2, 4 & 6). It continues to be played with frequently. Recently their cousins ages 11 & 13 were over and were found having a great time building with these!! They really are worth buying, especially at such an awesome price!
VINE VOICEon September 3, 2009
This building set works just as well as the more pricey ones! They fit together perfectly and are easy for my 3 and 4 year olds to play with and build by themselves.
on December 28, 2008
These building logs are incredible--at last a product that runs on imagination, encourages creativity, and can get my fourteen-year-old grandson and his five-year-old brother to enjoy time together without squabbling! Both boys love building with these logs. Their imaginations have been challenged as well as their problem-solving skills as they try to figure out exactly how to get from their "vision" to the finished project. We wound up going back for additional sets. I'd rate this toy priceless.
on December 12, 2010
This toy is as good as the higher priced Lincoln Logs and seems to be interchangeable with them. One word of caution: these logs don't come in a container, but rather in plastic bags: one for each length. If you're thinking to give this as a gift, you;ll have to buy some kind of container for them to go into. Otherwise, they'll arrive on heat-sealed plastic bags in a cardboard box. Not very attractive, but shouldn't detract from the play value. I bought a small plastic bin and unwrapped the logs and put them into the bin, then wrapped the whole thing in cellophane. I do miss, tho, the colorful round cardboard cylinder with lid that my Lincoln Logs came in as a child, and in which I still have them stored in my attic!
on November 21, 2010
It's a great idea and well made, but I agree that there are too few long pieces. My daughter has not shown a lot of interest once we had to plan more windows than walls to accommodate all the short pieces. They also 'tumble' over quickly. Rather disappointing. I remember a similar set from my childhood that offered a lot more possibilities.
on January 4, 2010
We bought this for our three year old daughter and I am playing with it more than she is! She understands that they must be stacked in order to build a house, but it is very difficult for her. She still enjoys sorting the pieces though and I'm sure as she grows older she will enjoy it more.
on October 30, 2012
Got this set for a boy age 6-7 and he loved it. Opened it right away and started building. The logs felt sturdy and with-held many crashes and being knocked over and such. He seemed to enjoy it so I am happy with the product. Would Reccomend.
on December 31, 2011
I guess I should have read some of the reviews before buying. There are over 100 short pieces in this kit.... makes the kit sound great 162 pieces should let you build lots of buildings, but with that many short ones, it is very hard to do more than 1 or 2 small "freestyle" buildings. and then in my hurried holiday shopping I did not realise that these are NOT Lincoln Logs, but an off brand.Another point of discontent with this set is that the cut outs are actually to deep which makes the round logs sit on the round log below it instead of the flat cut out. which makes them more in-stable than they should be. But overall my 2 1/2 yr old son loves them. I will just be purchasing another set so that they live up to my expectations.