Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 21, 2009
WHAT COMES IN THE BOX

Battery
2 "screwdrivers"
Directions

DISASSEMBLY

Instructions are too tiny to read but legible. Pictures are too small to follow. I watched a video on the Internet (just search for Ipod Video Battery Replacement).

I took the tool and pried the case open along the top right hand corner (away from the lock switch). I needed only one tool as I moved along the edge. Before separation, ensure that you do not rip the wiring off in the process. Look at the configuration of the wiring and the orientationn of the native battery. Then disconnect the battery's plug from the opposite side of the case. Pry the battery off with the "included tool", ensuring that you don't rip the circuitry off in the process. Once the native battery is removed, attach the tape strip connector and you should hear/feel a click. The place the battery into the original compartment. Make sure your wires are within the housing and not to crimp the ribbon connectors.

USE

I charged my iPod Video in about 4 hours. Battery life is excellent and I have had no problems, thus far.

CONCLUSION

This is a great alternative to paying someone to replace the battery. It takes about 5-10 minutes depending upon how comfortable you are with this process.
on December 28, 2009
1. Do your homework and watch a few Youtube videos before attempting the procedure yourself.

2. Be patient while opening the iPod case with the one time use non marring pry tools. (Took me about a half an hour to open the case.)

3. Be extremely careful in removing the old dead battery. Some very delicate data ribbons (which need to stay intact) are stuck to the bottom of the old battery.

Once you put it all back together it recharges and works just like new!
on August 12, 2009
This product is the great replacement for battery in the ipod. I used it to replace the battery of a ipod classic 5th generation that would not hold a charge and it worked perfectly. This is highly recommended.
on December 2, 2009
My old battery would only hold a charge for a maximum of three or so hours. This one lasts about 11 hours on a full charge. Also, it charges faster. The only problem would be the cheap tools that come with it. The plastic bends and becomes useless pretty fast. If you go online, you can find some pretty useful videos of how other people open them. I used a guitar pick since they are somewhat soft and didn't leave scratches. Anyways, installation was easy, battery life is awesome, I recommend you get this battery if your iPod lasts less than six hours on a full charge.
on October 26, 2010
Bought this to replace my five year old iPod's battery. Swapping the battery was no problem, but the new battery doesn't take a charge.

I followed the instructions: I swapped the battery and then plugged it into the wall charger and left it all night. When I woke up in the morning and unplugged the iPod it had half of the battery meter full. I used the iPod for five or six hours and the battery died.

I actually wasn't that upset about that; my previous battery only lasted about three hours but now it won't take a charge at all. I just charged it for 15 hours and it doesn't have enough juice to play a single song.

Maybe I got a dud but I'm still searching for an iPod replacement battery. Don't bother with this.
on April 7, 2011
Well I bought this battery for my wife's iPod because it was cheap. I installed it using the tools provided and it seem to work perfectly from the start. However, after three weeks of use the battery stopped holding a charge. I read a few other reviews that stated this prior to buying it but for the most part other people were giving this 4 to 5 stars. I assumed they installed it wrong or something. Well I was wrong. This battery didn't work for me either. Looks like I'm off to the store to buy her an iPod touch.
on February 28, 2011
Installation was a little tricky, but I got it open with the tools they provided, and the swap out wasn't difficult.

The battery charged all night, said it was charged, and I thought we were all set when I used it a couple times.

Less than a month later, it's all dead again. When plugged in, it works, but it doesn't hold a charge at all.

You do get what you pay for apparently.
on May 3, 2015
Edited from 1-star to 5-star: When I went to package the return (remove the battery), the battery had taken a charge. With more experimentation I determined that the wall wart charger (original Apple) had gone bad with intermittent connection depending on the angle of the plug tabs. Battery is fine, iPod resurrected (again). Nudge-nudge, wink-wink: (aka, note to self) check everything in a process (in this case charging) before concluding it's the new piece. Now to see if the original battery was OK and I didn't need this one (or have a future back-up).

Old/first post: Same problem as a few others in comments: Arrived with about an 80% charge but won't take a charge. Charging indicator never comes on over battery icon, charge bar never increases. This would be my second battery replacement in this iPod and it went much smoother than my first successful replacement some years ago. Tools are as good or better than other plastic pry bars I've received for other devices.
on February 23, 2016
Worked great; was able to remove and replace the battery. However, the promised instructions were not included (I followed an online video tutorial that I found and that did the trick). The included plastic tool worked for removing the ipod cover, but I needed to use a small (computer) screwdriver (not included) for the more delicate removal tasks. Overall, it went well and charged up immediately and, more importantly, HELD the charge!
on April 15, 2016
my i-pod 5th gen 30gb video would not hold a charge,lasted maybe 15 mins. I watched u tube video on how to change battery,followed video,case can be hard to get apart,battery was a little hard to lift out, but took my time, replaced battery as video showed,and now working great. so glad to have my tunes back,used it yesterday for hours still had half battery left,loving it.