5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Battery
No complaints about the battery - works as advertised. I haven't been able to tell the difference between this battery and the Olympus battery.
Published on July 6, 2009 by Ryan Cuprak

Published on October 19, 2011 by Virgin User

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Battery, July 6, 2009
This review is from: Maximalpower DB OLY LI40B/42B Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Olympus Li-40B,Li-42B, Kodak KLIC7006,FUJI NP45, Nikon EN-EL10,Pentax D-Li63 (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price scared me but they are awesome batteries., January 31, 2010
I was scared by the bargain price of the batteries so I bought 2, to make sure I was covered for battery life. I got them and charged them 2 weeks before christmas. It's January 31 today and the first battery is still at half life in a 10 MP camera. Do not hesitate to purchase this battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works good, September 24, 2009
Bought 3 for my Fuji camera. All work OK so far (2 weeks). Good life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks like original but is a "hair" too short to make contact ??, October 19, 2011
***** Update 4/30/2012 - Apparently the 3/25 problem with charge and retention was related to the original "too short" flaw. Seeing the tape I used to build up the end had compressed a lot under the camera battery's retention clip, I improved that fix and the charge and retention are back. After a thousand flash-less test pictures there is power left in the charge from a few weeks ago. Still One Star for the size flaw, tho *****

***** Update 3/25/2012 - Seems to Run Out of Juice Awful Quick. . .Now I question this Brand's Total Charge and/or Retention. I've had better all-round luck with Power2000 *****

I bought this extra battery for my Olympus Stylus with high hopes since a different battery from a different "No Name" brand works well in my Canon camera. On arrival the battery looked just like the Olympus original but when I put it in the camera nothing happened.

Since rechargable batteries usually arrive with enough charge to at least turn on the equipment, I wondered if the thing was DOA. I tried charging the battery several times in the camera without success in any way. Again I figured DOA.

For some reason I eventually tried pressing the battery down lightly inside the battery compartment with my finger and turning the camera on. ...It worked... And it worked fine every time I tried it.

When installed, the battery is a "hair" too short to touch the contacts inside the battery compartment. The original Olympus battery has NO HINT of this problem. I roughly compared the Olympus and Maximal batteries side by side. If there is any difference in length it is very small but apparently enough to cause an issue.

I imagine the problems with the battery having no power seen here in a few negative reviews could be from a lesser degree of the same issue, where the power connection is flawed during use or charging so one suspects the thing is no good.

The work-around is to build up the end of the battery with tape or something, though such a fix could make switching batteries a real pain given the tight clearances in the battery compartment.

I decided to exchange the battery and hope the replacement meets the original spec. better. I'm encouraged by it's vast majority of 4 and 5 Star reviews. The battery was provided by Amazon and I managed to discover the problem within Amazon's Return Window so at least the return is going smoothly, supposedly with no extra cost to me for shipping the battery back and receiving it's replacement.

The replacement arrived and has the same problem. Using several layers of scotch tape, I built up the battery end where the tiny clip holds it in the camera. The battery seems to work fine now while still slipping in and out of the camera easily.

The package has a Support number to call. The person I spoke with didn't know of any problems like mine and recommended I return the battery to Amazon AGAIN and ...get this... TRY AN DIFFERENT BRAND. AND though it also is marketed for other manufacturer's cameras, this replacement is SUPPOSED to be an EXACT match for the Olympus model my camera takes...It even has the same Model Code on the package (LI42B).

Subsequently I was looking at replacements for a Canon NB-6L battery and saw many 1 Star ratings for MaximalPower's NB-6L battery noting that the thing was TOO BIG to fit, although otherwise that battery also has a high rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than the Olympus Battery, March 10, 2011
I bought two of these batteries then charged and drained them 3 times as the package says.

I was surprised to find out that they performed better than the factory battery that the Olympus camera came with.

I would definitely recommended this battery and for the price you cant beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original., January 21, 2010
A. Swan (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This battery has more charge than the original supplied with the camera. Worked fine after initial charging.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal for Your Money, February 27, 2011
AzraelX7 (HALTOM CITY, TX, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this battery and another to try out with my digital camera when the original battery began to fail. This brand battery is BY FAR better than the other (nameless double pack) brand that I bought. I would say this battery is nearly as good as the original. It takes about the same amount of time to charge. I can get a decent amount of pics before having to change batteries. And even though I've had this battery for over a year, it has only faded a little bit. For the money, you can't really go wrong with this battery. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars What Else Can I Say, It Works!, January 23, 2010
Gerald (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a backup battery for my Olympus FE-4000. It was a great price and it works well. I haven't fully tested it as far as how long a charge will last but it lasts as long, if not longer than the original. I gave it 4 stars for the value and becuase it works as expected. If it last a while, it will be upgraded to 5 stars. Very happy that I purchased it and I would recommmend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap replacement... so far so good, February 6, 2012
This was bought to give my niece's Nikon (which uses the EN-EL10) some backup power for when she uses up the OEM battery it came with. She takes a TON of pictures and so far this battery seems to be at least as good as the original.

My only complaint so far has to be the packaging it came in wasn't really sealed. It just made me question if the battery was new or if I was getting a used product. A sealed product doesn't necessarily mean it's new, but it at least gives you illusion that it is! I'll update this review if she has any problems with the battery in the future, but so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Juiced, April 11, 2011
The original battery for my Olympus got tired and would only hold a charge for 12 images. This replacement battery has me back where I need to be. I can take all the images I want and not have to worry about the battery dying. I use the camera for surveying construction sites and often need fifty to a hundred images.