5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great In My 160-LED Light
This battery is a beast, it holds its own for a long time while I'm running my 160-LED light during night filming and inside dim buildings.
Published 20 months ago by MotoRider42HC

2.0 out of 5 stars tested and ready to review
Published 6 months ago by CinemaEditor

2.0 out of 5 stars tested and ready to review, April 5, 2014
This review is from: Maximalpower SON NP-F550 Battery for SONY InfoLithium L NP-F330 NP-F550 NP-F570 CCD-SC55 CCD-TR516 CCD-TR716 CCD-TR818 CCD-TR910 CCD-TR917 2500mah fully decoded w/3yr warranty (Electronics)
After I received these I ran them through the tests to make sure first off they worked and second if they stood up to the regular SONY batteries I use for my Fotodiox lights. When you first open the packaging of these Maximalpower batteries, there is a small font section on the packaging that says you have to charge full, kill full 3-5 times for maximum efficiency. So I did this.

I ran it dead, I charged it full, I ran it dead, and charged it full - 5 times through this cycle. I have two Fotodiox lights starting at the same time on full power - just how I would be using them in the field. The regular batteries last almost 2 1/2 hours, the Maximalpower batteries last about 1 1/2 hours. While these will be fine for back ups to get those final few moments - it's pretty saddening considering the reviews on here talking them up so much.

I did this test with 2 separate Maximalpower batteries and 2 sony batteries. Again, can't complain since they are so much cheaper, but a good note to know in the field. Hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great In My 160-LED Light, February 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for my 160LED light., August 3, 2012
First off just like to state that this is not an official Sony battery buy a off-brand replacement. For just a fraction of the price it works very well. Good value and great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement, July 24, 2013
I was looking for a good battery to use with my CN-160 and my Lilliput monitor, and this one fit the bill just right. Lots of power and low profile. Compliments my gear nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Info-lithion Ion battery, April 7, 2014
Jim "fcsw85a" (Broken arrow, Ok) - See all my reviews
An Info-lithium battery is required specifically for a Sony Mavica digital camera. Be sure to specify this if ordering for this particular camera as a regular lithium battery will not work. Shipper was very kind in replacing the battery at no charge when I notified him of the mistake. This battery works exceedingly well and I am very pleased with the battery and the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice low profile battery, February 8, 2014
etcwhatever (San Luis Obispo, CA) - See all my reviews
I use this as a backup battery for an external field monitor. It doesn't last as long as its big brothers (like the NP-770), but the slim profile and light weight is a good trade off. For the price of a single, higher capacity battery, you can buy two of these and rotate them out, charging the off-battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars great replacement battery, December 27, 2013
This battery preformed to my expectations! I was glad to see something that worked well for an affordable price. get one, or three!

3.0 out of 5 stars One worked, one didn't, April 13, 2014
As the subject says: I ordered two and the first one I tried had really short battery life. When I tried the second one, the battery life was closer to what I expected (more than 6 times the first one). So, as other reviewers have said, you get what you pay for. These are inexpensive but quality control is an issue. I didn't bother trying to get the faulty battery replaced so I can't comment on customer service.

I performed a few tests with the good battery to get some idea of how long I could use them in the field with my Lilliput 569gl 5" monitor and my Neewer 160 LED panel light. The Lilliput monitor ran about 2.5 hours, the Neewer light ran about 5.5 hours at half brightness, and about 1.5 hours at full brightness.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a battery, September 19, 2013
What can you really write about a battery? It charges, it works, enough said. There are higher capacity ones out there if you need them, but this is what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars SON NP-F550 Battery, July 9, 2013
J. brown (montgomery, al usa) - See all my reviews
I ordered this Maximalpower SON NP-F550 Battery to use it with the Neewer Pro CN-160 video lamp light. I am very please with the product and the seller.