Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on April 5, 2014
After I received these I ran them through the tests to make sure first off they worked and second if they stood up to the regular SONY batteries I use for my Fotodiox lights. When you first open the packaging of these Maximalpower batteries, there is a small font section on the packaging that says you have to charge full, kill full 3-5 times for maximum efficiency. So I did this.

I ran it dead, I charged it full, I ran it dead, and charged it full - 5 times through this cycle. I have two Fotodiox lights starting at the same time on full power - just how I would be using them in the field. The regular batteries last almost 2 1/2 hours, the Maximalpower batteries last about 1 1/2 hours. While these will be fine for back ups to get those final few moments - it's pretty saddening considering the reviews on here talking them up so much.

I did this test with 2 separate Maximalpower batteries and 2 sony batteries. Again, can't complain since they are so much cheaper, but a good note to know in the field. Hope this helps
on February 10, 2013
This battery is a beast, it holds its own for a long time while I'm running my 160-LED light during night filming and inside dim buildings.
on August 3, 2012
First off just like to state that this is not an official Sony battery buy a off-brand replacement. For just a fraction of the price it works very well. Good value and great buy!
on April 7, 2014
An Info-lithium battery is required specifically for a Sony Mavica digital camera. Be sure to specify this if ordering for this particular camera as a regular lithium battery will not work. Shipper was very kind in replacing the battery at no charge when I notified him of the mistake. This battery works exceedingly well and I am very pleased with the battery and the price.
on July 24, 2013
I was looking for a good battery to use with my CN-160 and my Lilliput monitor, and this one fit the bill just right. Lots of power and low profile. Compliments my gear nicely.
on April 1, 2014
I give these batteries 4-stars, because they are better than the cheaper versions. They seem to hold their charge longer and re-charge faster. I would like to caution anyone considering using these batteries four the Chromo 160 LED light, because although they worked they were loose and caused the light to flicker. I'm considering trying them on the Neewer light that in my opinion is a better light to see if they are more compatible. Maximalpower batteries would be my preferred replacement battery for the sony series camcorder battery.
on February 8, 2014
I use this as a backup battery for an external field monitor. It doesn't last as long as its big brothers (like the NP-770), but the slim profile and light weight is a good trade off. For the price of a single, higher capacity battery, you can buy two of these and rotate them out, charging the off-battery.
on December 27, 2013
This battery preformed to my expectations! I was glad to see something that worked well for an affordable price. get one, or three!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 11, 2015
Like most of the reviewers here, I use the Maximal F550 to power LED video lights. I own four of these batteries and they charge quickly and power my Yongnuo 312 LED for about 40 minutes and my Neewer 160 LED for about 90 minutes at 100% power. I picked the Maximal because they and STK were the only F550 type cells Amazon would ship to Hawaii. Other brands were "unavailable" due to hazardous materials shipping monkey shine.

The basic performance of the Maximal cells is fine if you charge and use them daily. However, they need to be topped off before a session if they sit more than a few days. They rapidly lose their charge and are dead in two or three weeks. In comparison, my STK F550 clone still shows a full charge after a month of sitting. The STK cost nearly twice as much so I suppose the Maximal and STK both gave me what I paid for. Next time I'll buy STK.
on March 12, 2014
I have purchased a few different generic versions of this battery through Amazon, and I would say this particular item seems to perform subpar.

I will say, neither battery was defective, but I can certainly tell one of the two certainly holds its power longer.

I use these batteries to power some 160pc LED video lights. One of the batteries seems to last only about an hour with the light one full, and the other maybe an hour and a half.

That being said, I took a chance one time and ordered one of the cheapest versions of this battery I could find, and I think paid 2.99 per battery, and they lasted up to 2-3 hours with the light on full power!?

Pretty solid construction, and takes about 3-4 hours to charge fully on one of the $7 generic chargers they sell here on Amazon.