Maximize Your Memory
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$13.49 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 29, 2010
door, water, ball.

Those words make no sense. Yet early in this book, the author Ramon Campayo shows you how to remember these 20 unassociated words. I read this chapter in a coffee shop in San Francisco, four weeks ago and I can still remember these words.

I bought this book because my company are putting me through a mini MBA if you will. Now its been 17 years since I really had to study and memorise facts. I tried differing tactics and whilst I am passing the tests, its all short term and I wanted to find a way to help me really remember this stuff as its useful in my work.

I have a test on Thursday night. I am using Mr Campayo' study techniques. Will it work? I dont know, I will tell you once I have sat the test ;-)

I give this book a four because its easy to read and I like the methodology behind it. You genuinely do remember your stuff. There is a lot more in this book than I need. A lot of good information on test preparation in terms of what to do on the day and what not to do.

I would have given this a five star rating had it included some pages in colour, especially those pages with mental map examples.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 15, 2013
I'm a longtime student of various mental arts. While there isn't a lot of new stuff here, unless you're an ace with Tony Buzan's methods or something then you'll probably learn something. In fact, it would be a very reasonable choice as part of a small library of memory books. The note taking and review tips are excellent precisely because they are simple and minimal.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 25, 2013
This book shows the way a human mind can work better with help of certain memory & study techniques.
I use it all the time in every area of my life.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...