Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on July 7, 2011
I've been using the set for the P90X workout. The bar works great. It's also designed to be used for other exercises such as pushups and situps if you put the bar on the ground. Be aware that you need ample room on preferably both sides of the frame because the bar is pretty wide. I have only one door I was able to get the bar to fit in and the bar is off-center quite a bit but still sturdy enough. Another caveat is that there are some rubber grips near the upper door frame arms that are supposed to be pushup handles. These rubber handles rubbed the paint off of my door frame so you might want to wrap those with a small wash cloth or something. Assembly was pretty straight forward.

The bands are decent for what they are. They're pretty versatile in that you can combine them for added tension. Another way to adjust tension is make a loop and stand on the loop crossover.

As another poster mentioned, you can get a nice rubber burn so adjust your wardrobe as necessary.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the set at the price I paid.
on July 13, 2011
First of all, if your door is wider than 6", or narrower than 5", this product will not work for you! And the "padding" provided with the bar to help reduce damage to the doorframe... yeah, not so much. It's just the normal "padding" on the bar that sits against the frame. After less than 20 pull-ups, that padding has started to fall to pieces... all over my floor!! Cheap!!

The bar itself is fine. It's a great device for specific workouts. I wish my doorways were narrower, and I wish the padding on the bar was much more substantial. It does help that you can use it for other activities on the floor (pushups, dips, etc.). All in all, decent, but cheap.
on July 20, 2016
Not recommended. It left black marks on the door panel after few months because of the rubble casing on the handles.. Not a good quality rubber case on handles... Other resistance band was not so useful at home...
on June 7, 2012
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because there was absolutely no instructions on how to put it together (it comes in pieces that you have to construct). I basically guessed which screws/washers/bolts to use to connect the parts together, and I figured out how the parts fit together by looking at the box over and over again. Other than that, it works as advertised, and doing chin-ups is something I am finally starting to get good at because I can fire off a few sets per day at home.
on January 14, 2014
My Maximum Muscle Chin Up Bar fell from the doorway and one of the screws broke off, loosening one the grips. Nothing too serious. I'm actually quite happy with the product so I figure it should go smoothly enough replacing ONE screw.

I e-mailed (cs@maximumfitnessgear.com) December 5th, 2013, with a photo of the broken part next to a working part, asking if the company/warranty offers replacement parts. I quickly received a response for more detailed information using the 'Installation Guide' as reference since [their response] "there may be different screw sizes. This will help us identify which screw to send you."

So far so good -- Yay for MFG customer service!

I scanned the 'Installation Guide' with with mark-ups and e-mailed them back. No response. I figure it's the holidays...I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing...

I emailed again, several times...no response.

I try emailing from another account, even offering to pay for the part...no response.

Feeling the looming sadness of rejection, I turn to the open forum of online reviews on Amazon. MFG seems to respond to all negative feedback here, backing up their claim that they "stand by their products 100% and provide the best customer service in order to satisfy their customers!"

I would love for that to be the case. Unfortunately, it's not my case.

They don't have a toll free number, which may understandably be an unnecessary expense in this digital communication age. However, I would have rather not gone down this road of 1-star reviewing to hopefully/possibly obtain a response & follow-up of some kind.

We shall see...

Signed Sincerely,
Screwdly McScrewd

(ORDER #002-3053428-4849056)

UPDATE 1/29/14
I was contacted by customer service (cs@maximumfitnessgear.com) and they apologized for the inconvenience. They resent out the part (with one extra) and all's golden now! Thank you for resolving this, Leslie!
on June 15, 2011
the resistance bands are great, I love the option to chain multiples together for added weight. The chin up bar is very solid. took a second to figure out instructions, but once it's together it is very confidence inspiring. May need to check your doorframe width before ordering. The "included workouts" were pretty light (basically a card with some pictures) but the equipment itself is easily worth double.
Package shipped VERY fast.
on June 29, 2011
This was a great buy. It sets up easy, fits well in my doorway and the bands work great as well. A few cautions. First, make sure you have a normal door with casings with enough space for the bar to fit on. I only happen to have 1 door in my whole house that this works on which is my basement door. All the others are too wide or don't have the proper casing to hold the bar up.
on February 18, 2012
My husband selected this and we both like it. It's quiet (not silent, of course), sturdy, and works with our older home's thick walls (6.4" thick wall including moldings, 32" door opening, and the top molding is 4" tall). The bar installed quickly and easily although the instructions weren't all that great (think they had one picture and that was it). One can choose multiple hand positions. I haven't really played with the bands yet; they look easy enough to figure out. It's not bad looking either. Definitely a good purchase.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2012
This product is everything it's advertised to be. I use this 2-4 times a week, and here are a few things I noticed:

1. The chin up bar is very good, but lately it seems to be bending a bit more. I'm less than 200 lbs, so I don't think this should be bending. Also, I put extra padding where the bar was hitting my door trim because the wooden trim was starting to become deformed.
2. The resistance bands are good, however be careful when putting them in the bag. I usually use the red one, and somehow there's a big cut in the band. It's not all the way through - more like it got pinched. I have no idea how this happened since the bands are either in the bag or under my feet. (I haven't used the door stop or anything like that.)
3. The handles will scrape against your hands if you have large hands. My hands are 4" across the knuckles and for many exercises (like overhead tricep raises) the fabric on the sides scrapes against my skin. It's very uncomfortable - to the point that I'd recommend wearing gloves with these.
on August 8, 2012
Ok lame title review, but I am happy with the product.It was just what was advertised. I have been using this pull-up bar for about 2 weeks now everyday,and it works great. Only downside it that the foam that protects the door frame, or wall rips easily and leaves back marks. I have a concrete that I am using it on so that might be why. The bans also seem to be quality as well. I have only used them once so we will see how they last. I haven't seen a better price anywhere. Side note I had to fly with mine home, and the main bar is about 41 inches long so it doesn't fit in your check bag. It adds to the quality, because it doesn't come apart like the rest of the peace that connect to it, but does make you have to pay for an extra bag on your flight. Over all I recommend this product.

See 1 answered question