Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Maximum Ride: The Manga, Vol. 2
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 22, 2016
My son loves this series. He kept asking for the whole set of of these manga books. I really did not know what a manga book was until he showed these books to me. I can't even count how many times he has read this book. Maximum Ride Volume 2 written by James Patterson is one of his favorites. He has all 5 volumes.
on February 24, 2010
Loved this one too. Just noticed that #3 is out. Putting it on the wish list. Guessing there is no end to this.
on October 20, 2009
This volume, like the first, was awesome! It kept me entertained I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. I've read the novels and really liked them, but it's nice to be able to put faces to the text.
on January 27, 2010
received this couple months ago.
but heck
it never fails to impress me!!
by the way volume 1 and 2 equals the first book of maximum ride series
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment
on March 19, 2015
Though it is gorgeously and lushly illustrated in faux American-style "manga" format, this fantasy marketed at pubescent kids is still as cheesy as Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.

Just like the overly perfect child stars of Disney Channel and today's kids pressured into overachievement, a group of precocious human "angels" are bred to maybe save the world and then treated (and mishandled) like lab animals. So the winged kids escape to fend for themselves in the glittering Big Apple, where they uh, enjoy fine dining, shopping for fashionable threads, and visiting a giant toy store - before fleeing for life from a whole army of "Men In Black" and shape-shifting Twilight werewolves.

Only 14, but looking and acting more like a harried 34-year-old soccer mom (and small wonder, too!), heroic young Max leads (shepherds?) the little troop of bioengineered baby superheroes that consists of two lanky "bad boys", a little black Lolita with puffy, pouting pink lips, and a couple of vomitingly cutie-pie little toddlers with gigantic, starkly-staring eyeballs that resemble bullseye targets (seriously, manipulative little Angel looks like she would be pawing Max's chest for food at any time!)

Naturally, the tiny band of innocent, wide-eyed little orphans would be pitted against the whole globe of selfish grown-up evildoers like in almost all "young adult" books that don't involve kissy-kissing with a new "hottie" at the school. :P
on November 16, 2013
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!
**Checked out from the high school library

Okay this is my 2nd graphic novel or manga, and I enjoyed this one as much as the first. Still have no idea what the difference is between graphic novels & manga, but really I don’t need to know :) I just know I like it and my son loves reading them. It gives us another way to connect, and he loves that I’m reading something that he read.

I have a lot of questions that still need answering about the flock’s gifts, the voice, the erasers, and much more. Again, I find it much more difficult to review these because it is much more concise, and I do not want to give anything away. I still love Max’s character and Fang is pretty cool too. Angel seems odd and sort of like a spoiled brat, so I’m not sure what is going on with her, and it seems Max is just as confused by her behavior. Ari is a jerk but also a puzzle as well as his father. They meet some new friends and learn new things about themselves.

I’m definitely going to continue the manga series, and I will look into getting the novels to read in the future as well. Then I can compare and contrast :)

I recommend graphic novels/manga for all your reluctant readers and your kids who are very visual. I also think they are a great break in between books or filler when you don’t have time to read a full novel.
on February 20, 2013
best to get all the books in the series so you don't have to wait to read what comes next. This series is the best one next to Harry Potter that I have read. These kids fly! They kick butt and they are all on their own! Wow, get it and see if you feel the same. Don't bother with the illustrated set, get the written out set. You lose too much of the story's flavor in the illustrated set.
on September 16, 2012
Setting:
(3/5) As the summary says, the flock go to New York to find the Institute (this is reminding me so much of The Mortal Instruments series). Well, this setting was better than the last volume and it was fun seeing the Flock explore New York.

Story:
(5/5) I enjoyed the plot far more in the second volume than I did in the first (not saying the first volume was bad though). The whole time through the manga I was wondering what in the world that voice inside Max's head is??? I've read the novel series but I just can't remember what it was (although I did stop reading the book series after book 5). There's a lot of action and the flock can't seem to catch a break.

Artwork:
(5/5) The flock all get a new look and haircut, and I loved their new character designs! Especially Fang, who gets a shorter haircut. His long hair was reminding me far too much of Kanda from the manga series D. Gray-Man (who is one of my least favourite characters in the series).

Main Character:
(5/5) Max becomes more stressed in her role as the leader of the flock. She tries her best for all of them but it can't be easy when you apparently have some kind of werid voice in your head plus all the trouble that seems to follow the flock.

Characters:
(5/5) I don't have much to say about the rest of the flock, although they seem to be developing new powers. Angel is becoming a little more, how should I put it, "sinister", and abusing her powers. I'm curious to see how she'll develop later on in the series and what exactly brought this change of attitude (although I think it's because she's letting her powers go to her head). Weird it was Angel out of all the characters, considering how young she is. However, it's at least different than the stereotypical cute and darling little girl.

Originality:
(4/5) The series is starting to become more original, as the plot thickens it becomes more unique. Plus it really makes you wonder what in the world the scientists have been thinking when they mutated Max, considering she'll apparently be the "savior" of the world (should that have went under plot?).

Overall:
(27/30) The plot thickens with the second volume and I have to say it was even more enjoyable than the first!
on September 11, 2011
I"ve read some pretty intense material in my life but for this novel to be intermediate borderlining young-adult, its pretty hardcore-In a good way though!. Here's what I mean by hardcore; as it turns out angel and gazzy were sold to the school by their own parents for only god knows what in return. I was also suprised that James would have them all homeless in New York which is actually a much more disturbing area to be abandoned in than any other part of america, Especially if your under 16. But I really, really like this volume it seems as though they get more and more interesting and exciting as they come. Now this is not i repeat NOT A SPOILER ALERT! I am just giving my opinion about how this novel next to Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead is some pretty serious stuff. I especially enjoyed the writing. When I first read the book I was actually just expecting it to be another X-Men knock-off but boy was the joke on me! lol! The series has got the same light-hearted action as you would recieve from all the other Marvel mutant comics and with the same amount of depth which I think is a perfect balance: Not too serious but on the same note not too peachy/sparkly typical Manga. Another comment about this book... The outfits they wear are FLY!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2014
So far I've read up to 5 volumes at my local library and I can't stop reading. Max and the flock continue to take me on their crazy high flying adventures and I'm loving it. The second novel only gets better and I'd highly recommend this manga series to anyone looking for adventure