Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 23, 2012
After being introduced to the Maxpedition hype I had to give into a pocket organizer, and after doing a ton of research I gave into the MaxPed Micro. It stores just enough for EDC on my person and can and will easily fit into my back pocket when walking around. Theres a multitude of uses for this organizer and even though it fills up quite fast, its amazing how handy this thing is. My contents include:

Leatherman Multitool
full size bic lighter
burts bees chapstick
RITR notepad
Zebra 301 pen
couple bandaids, alcohol wipes, sani-hands wipe.

There were a bunch of reviews that helped me and hope this can help someone along their quest.
11 comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
I have the MadPed EDC Pocket organizer, which is great, but I might like the MICRO even better. This one for real fits in your pocket and you can fit a bunch of needs inside. I would buy this again and again, great for camping and organization.

I uploaded a pic of mine.
review image
on April 6, 2015
I recently purchased this EDC it worked at first and with light use one of the seams completely ripped apart making the pouch unusable because everything falls out. I contacted Maxpedition they told me to fill out a complete questionnaire and add detailed photos and order information. I followed instructions but that wasn't enough, they then told me to mail it out to them in California and they will determine if I am receiving a replacement?! What? and I have to pay shipping. So I have to spend my own money to send a piece of gear across the country that was made with poor craftsmanship? It really concerns me that Maxpedition claims to stand by their products and treats customers like this. Any other company that would be enough to receive a replacement or credit for gear.

Hard Use Gear! Haha good one.
review image
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2014
I did not find this in the reviews or description, so wanted to include it. I needed a sturdy bag that would slip into my hoodie pocket and hold a short stack of 3" x 5" index cards and a pen for writing. This is a regular sized pen. The cards fit just right, and the zipper holds everything in. Really nice bag. I like it a LOT!!!
on May 31, 2012
I'm very happy with this product. I received it early by about 4 days, so right off the bat that was a nice surprise. It's quite small, but it can hold a ridiculous amount of stuff. I can fit a 160GB harddrive with cable, chapstick, flashlight (Streamlight Stylus Pro), mini widgy pry-bar, swiss army knife, rite-in-the-rain notepad, fisher space pen, bic lighter, mini screwdriver set, a thumbdrive, compass, and tool logic survival card all inside. It's snug, but I still have no problems zipping it up. Definitely worth the money.
on June 26, 2015
Use this everyday for a wallet and more. Holds a LOT of stuff if you pack it well and fits in a pocket with no problem (can be a tight fit if packed to the brim or if small pockets). I took off the Maxpedition logo patch myself, so don't worry, so far all the stitching is strong and looking good.

As others have said a belt loop/webbing on the back would be a huge improvement. The loop on the top is still good enough to throw on a carabiner, etc. if you need empty pockets for a bit.
review image review image
on September 5, 2015
I've been looking for a good pocket organizer for a while. Problem is most are actually too big to fit in pockets which defeats the purpose. This little guy will fit in pockets well. Specifically Army ACU and OCP uniforms.(see pics)

My old regular sized organizer was far too big to fit in ACU shoulder pouches. The Micro slides right into the ACU shoulder pouch. With the new OCP uniform, the shoulder pouch is smaller due to a zipper but the Micro will still fit if you do not overpack it. It will also fit snugly in the small pocket above the boot (though I would not want to put it there). Fully packed, my micro is about as thick as my old organizer empty which is neat.

The materials are somewhat spartan but I'm sure maxpedition did that to minimize thickness which is good in my book

Had a fishy scent initially, im sure that will go away in time. Solid little organizer. Would definitely buy again. Would highly reccomend for Military Personnel.
on September 30, 2013
Fits in the pocket of both jeans and dress pants. Can place an LGE Nexus 4 (with a Ballistic case on it) either inside or outside in the mesh pocket. Also has interior pockets for carrying credit cards, license, etc. Smallest option I could find to carry both my phone and wallet contents in one pocket. Very pleased; highly recommended. Overall quality is excellent as well; stitching is great no frays etc. Zipper is heavy duty. No complaints.
on March 19, 2014
This is my second Micro Pocket Organizer from Maxpedition. I'm still using the one I purchased several years ago for an EDC emergency kit. I carry items like a small flashlight, Fisher space pen, screwdriver, aluminum sharpie, band-aids, tide spot pen, advil, etc. I liked mine so much that I purchased another kit for my son who is serving an LDS mission in Europe. He can throw it in his messenger bag and forget about it until he needs it. This organizer is well-made, durable and has a very small footprint. It will fit in any of my pockets--jeans, cargo pants, jackets, etc. and holds all the essentials.
on November 25, 2015
Very good job on the stitching. I am always wary of pouches etc from Amazon. You just never know what the stitching is going to look like. I was very satisfied with the stitching on these. The materials are of excellent quality, and feel very solid and durable.

Note that there is no attachment method on the back. Just a carry strap at the top. No Molle straps, no belt loop or clip. It is designed to be in a pocket. If it was on your belt and you opened it, its contents might fall out.

It is small, but at the same time, it is not. It is small enough to fit in a pocket, unless you pack it full of items, or you have small pockets. However, it is large enough to store several items.
It is truly a pocket organizer, holding all those small items you would otherwise stuff in several pockets.

Here's what I have in mine:

Outer mesh pocket:
• PaperMate Inkjoy pen (shortened)
• Whistle buckle
• Sewing kit
• Paper
• Folding scissors

Left side:
• Nail-clipper through tab at top
• USB flashdrive
• Olfa Carton Cutter
• Pocket Wrench II

Left pocket:
• Ziplock bag with alcohol wipes, Band-aid strips, paper clips, twisty ties, safety pins, two split rings, fresnel lens
• Paper with two binder clips
• 6 piece tamper-proof Torx bit set

Middle
• Hex bit adapter for Leatherman Rebar
• Zip ties pushed through rim seams (11.5" by 1/8")
(the zip tie head is a perfect tight fit for the square side of the adapter. It keeps the adapter in place securely with no fear of it falling out)

Right side:
• AmPro Precision screw driver set (4mm bits x10)
• Coast G19
• Leatherman Rebar
• Mini Bic lighter attached to loop at top (secured with rubber band)
• Mini zip ties in drinking straw
• Hair band attached to lighter

Right pocket:
• Gorilla tape, common tape, and nano cord wrapped around plastic card

___________________
Some thoughts

There is only one strap on each side. This means that if a small item occupies a spot, there is no way to attach other items below. If it had two straps on the left, you could secure several small items, like a battery, chapstick, pill fob etc. As it is, you have to either have space unused, or have small items in but not attached to anything. Ideally, it would have a strap tab at the bottom of the right side, to accommodate a small item horizontally below other longer items.
I am very happy with it, but would like to see a redesign of this, with two straps on the left, and a strap tab at the bottom of the right side.

Note: When it arrives, the paracord zipper pull will be tied in a simple knot using both ends. This is rather weak. I have included a guide for another knot. It will not come loose on its own, only if you deliberately untie it. It also keeps the paracord in an open loop, to easily put a finger through and open or close it.
If you get the tan one, there might be tan thread visible along the black mesh outside. I blackened it with a sharpie and it makes it look much better.

Photos:
Contents as they are in and out of the pouch.
You can push thin zip ties through rim seams inside.
I also include a guide for the zipper pull knot I did.
review image review image review image review image review image review image