on February 26, 2012
I bought this to affix to a Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger, and it does fit reasonably well to the right side panel. I was pleased to find that it will also slide neatly into the outer pocket of a Duluth briefcase that I carry most days, and that it can be comfortably worn in the large pocket of a pair of cargo pants.

This piece very effectively consolidates and organizes a variety of things that I generally carry every day (see customer image). There are a number of options for keeping the contents in order including: elastic straps, pockets, and a key keeper. Everything fits securely somewhere, nothing moves around, and I'm pleased with the layout.

The Mini Pocket Organizer, like most of the Maxpedition gear, is constructed of very tough material. I expect it to last a long time.

==========
Update: 4/5/12

In the course of using this organizer, I have gradually added more and more stuff to it. Now I have about twice as much jammed in there as you can see in my customer images, and everything is still organized and functional. It's a good piece of gear that seems to get better as you use it.
==========
review image review image
on December 26, 2012
This pouch is able to be carried in one of your larger pockets and it is made with very durable material that is sewn up good and strong. And (unlike my Maxpedition micro that I bought first) this Maxpedition mini easily fits a small notebook and is still able to fit very snugly into my cargo pants or preferably in my inner jacket pocket so it doesn't bounce around on the side of my leg as I walk.

I didn't like that it had two zipper pulls, so I broke one of the zipper pulls off by crushing it carefully (so to not hurt the zipper) with my vice and I didn't like the large Velcro patch either, so I carefully un-stitched it and took it off also and now to me it looks a whole lot better without the large Velcro patch.

I also removed the plastic clip on the inside that you're supposed to attach things to, because the clip was too large and it was just dangling there getting in the way. Then I burnt anywhere that the fabric was fraying and any thread ends that were too long, and doing so made it look nicer and it melted the fraying material together so it could not fray any further.

So far this is what I keep in it and Wow does this pouch really hold a lot !

6 Band aids
A Zebra H600 flashlight with a homemade head band made out of suspenders, for hands free light.
A 6 inch drop forged steel crescent wrench
A small 4 1/2 by 3 1/4th inch 80 page notebook and pen
A large Leatherman core multi-tool
A pocket "penlike" 4 in 1 Screwdriver
A 6 inch vise grips
A telescoping magnet
A flat whistle from tops knives
A heavy duty peanut lighter from county comm
And pain killers and Zantac heartburn relief
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 4, 2012
Being, pretty much, disabled, I need to have everything that I need, to use, with me all the time. this mini organizer fits the bill very well. Pens, a sharpie, a torx bit screwdriver, pen knife, mini flashlight, notebook, doctor's info including a list of my meds, chapstick, and mini bic lighter all fit in well, and the whole kit fits well, in my cargo pocket. Recommended for all who need an EDC bag.
on December 10, 2012
I started out with the EDC pocket organizer thinking it would be so big I wouldn't be able to fill it. Well....filled it the first day!! Loved it for my office supplies slips right into my Operator tactical bag. Since I don't use it daily, missed having it with me as it was a bit too big for my every day bag. So after tons of u-tube videos, along came the mini....perfect fit. Holds all my daily use items, small enough to slip into most any bag and stores a ton of gear! Everyone can attest to their quality, durability and amazing ability to close no matter how much you jam into them!! 3 x 5 rite in the rain fits in the slip pocket with room to spare. Pens, markers, lighter, tape measure, mini pry bar, all the usual stuff. No matter which size you buy, you'll be happy & surprised at what they will hold.

I like to be organized, so after much consideration, as these are not exactly cheap. The fatty is on my shopping list!!! Will be a great addition to my car. So if you can afford it, get it, worth the money.

Bottom line: Bet you can't buy just one!! They will grow on you...must be something in the material, the more you use it the more you want another one!
on September 19, 2013
I'll start off by saying I've bought quite a few Maxpedition products including an Attache, Falcon II Pgymy, Sitka, and Micro/EDC organizers amongst a few other items.

While I've noticed in the past that there have been a few minor flaws here and there on Maxpedition products I've purchased, I've generally been pretty happy with their gear. This purchase, however, I was a little disappointed. To start off, I wanted to add to my organizer collection, already owning the EDC version and Micro version, I have an idea of what to expect out of these products. The Mini I received (khaki) looks great from the outside. Taking a closer look though, the velco that holds the outside pocket shut, was already fraying and had about half an inch of already unraveling thread. With time, that should completely come undone and rending that velcro piece useless. I also decided to replace the paracord pulls with my own. Upon inspection, I noticed they used 5-strand paracord. Not a big deal considering the small amount they use for the zipper pulls really isn't enough to be of any other use but I thought I would just point that out. I replaced with 7-strand cord.

On the inside, what jumped out to me right away was on the right most side, the large elastic band that goes the whole length of the right panel seemed like it was WAY too long. Now I like to have a little play in my elastic so I can fit oddly shaped items, but this could have been shortened by at least half an inch. It is so long that it does not sit flat against the panel by any means. It also makes it troublesome to fit anything with a slim profile in that spot because, well, it just won't hold it down tight. I don't like putting anything too bulky in there because it just increases the whole profile of the organizer.

My next gripe about the inside would be again on the right most side of the organizer. This time, the three elastic spaces on top of the one I just spoke about don't seemed to be sewn on with the same dimensions as each other. Taking a ruler to them, from left to right, they measure 4cm, 2.9cm, and 4.4cm. The first sits flat against the organizer while the other two are bulged up. Also, on the inside there are a few loose threads here and there.

I don't expect much in terms of attention to detail anymore from Maxpedition which is not a small mom & pop gear company. I know their gear to be tough and rugged and gets the job done. But there are a few things like the issues I've mentioned above that do at least make me look into other companies to see if others are more willing to spend time on such details. I only wrote this review because the Maxpedition website shows everything all neat and properly aligned on their gear. But the items you may receive may be quickly sewn together with disregards to keeping measurements exact.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The size and configuration is nice, but not real sure what it's really designed for. I've attached it to the waist belt on a day pack, and it works well for keeping the things I don't want in my pockets while on the trail.
review image
on December 13, 2014
It's a nice pouch, but I give it 3 stars solely because it has no Molle Straps to it, and conveniently you can buy the straps from Maxpedition for an additional $8 or $9. Voodoo pouches come with the straps, all other pouches I have seen locally come with the straps sewn in. Why make it difficult, I want a product I can use out of the box and not need to pay additional funds to make it so I can actually use it. I added a picture to give visual aid for future buyers.
review image
on April 20, 2013
I tried to find a thin belt with small pouches for EDC, but I came up short. I decided to go with a pouch and settled on this one. I like it, but here are a few considerations to note before you buy one.

1. Decide what you want to do with it and how much you'll put in it. It is too small to fit a tourniquet; you MIGHT be able to fit a small snack bar in it, if you want one. I was able to fit a mini Bic lighter, Streamlight Protac penlight, Stanley 4-n-1 pocket screwdriver, a pen, a pencil, notepad, 2 tampons, a CRKT Eat-n-Tool, Kershaw Select Fire Multi-tool knife, and several band-aids/alcohol pads.

2. To back up point 1, you can get bigger pouches or smaller ones. Just decide first what you want to put in it. I got the mini, because it forced me to make decisions on what I wanted to carry in my hand/on my person ALL THE TIME. Not too big; not too small. With the pouches and straps inside, it is very versatile and customizable, so you can make compromises on size for different items and vary the combination of said items you carry everyday.

3. When packed full, the outside mesh pouch is basically useless because it is too tight and the velcro is REALLY sticky. I can't even wedge my iPhone in it.

4. There's a lanyard strap on the inside with a clip, and I'm not even sure why it is there. It got in my way, so I cut it out within 30 seconds of unpacking it from the box. Haha

Overall, this is a great EDC pouch. Like I said, it's just the right size for me. I have a small D-ring to hook it to a belt loop if I need my hands. It does have straps on the back for Molle type attachments. Very well constructed; very durable. The zippers feel very sturdy, like they will last a long time.
on September 6, 2012
OK, I am a 70 year old geek and loving every minute of it. I take this with me every day. It is a little bulky for most pants but will fit in my cargo pockets. I use it mostly to protect my Apple I-Touch and it does that nicely. Here are the things I carry in this little organizer: Emergency money, Post-it Notes, hand wipes,spare house key, Band-Aids, pen, pen light, Bic lighter, Chap Stick, knife, eye glass cleaning cloth, I-Touch. And there is room for more.

Maxpedition make's a full line of quality products. This thing has a dual YKK zipper and is made of 1050 denier ballistic nylon. It is treated with Teflon fabric protector.

You will love the quality of this item. Go to the Maxpedition web site and check out all of their great products. YouTube has some nice reviews of this and other Maxpedition products.Maxpedition FR-1 Pouch
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I like to put belongings in my cargo pants pocket, so my EDC bag has to fit the pocket and be thin. I have EDC, Fatty Maxped bags, but they are too wide and too thick. I have watched many online videos, and no one emphasizes the thickness factor. I have found that even two ball-point pens in a small pocket, if they are placed to hit upon one another when this is closed (i.e. one on one side, the other on the other, but when closed, they hit) is too thick for a comfortable pocket carry.

These Mini Pockets are perfect for pens, flash drive, miniscrew driver sets, ruler, nail clippers, mini Bic lighter, etc. in cargo pants pockets if one keeps the items in them orderly, and it takes a some effort to make sure than each item nests in between other items on the other side of this pocket when it is closed. It's important to note that the EDC Maxped and the Fatty Maxped organizers are slightly too wide for my cargo pockets,too. They slip in with effort only, and truly do not feel good in there. I considered the Micro Pocket Organizer, but that one seems a tad too small, short, has a single zipper and doesn't hold enough, I think (but I do not own that one). The Mini is the ideal width for standard cargo pants pockets.

So, all those online videos one sees about how much stuff they can jam into this bag don;t pertain to me...I can't jam 2-3 layers of overlapping gear into this and comfortably place it in the side lower pockets of my cargo pants. The solution? Buy TWO of these Minis. With two, I can have one layer of items in each, put one in each thigh pocket of my cargo pants to distribute the weight, and maintain a superb thickness for carrying. I can even carry one in each rear pocket, like a thick wallet, if I wanted to (but I can't sit down).

Although some may balk at buying two at around eighteen bucks apiece, one single Fatty Maxped alone costs only about nine dollars less than two of these and, in my opinion, gives a person much fewer options for carrying in pockets, glove compartments, truck consoles or anyplace. To me, it's well worth the nine bucks difference or so for the comfort, flexibility and storage of this daily carry item.