Maxpedition Falcon-II Backpack
|Price:||$125.28 - $249.28|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Main Compartment: 18"(H) x 9.5"(W) x 4.75"(D)
- Secondary Compartment: 16"(H) x 8"(W) x 3"(D)
- Upper Front Pouch: 4"(H) x 7"(W) x 2.5"(D)
- Lower Front Pouch: 10"(H) x 7"(W) x 2.5"(D)
- Capacity: 1520 cu. in. / 25 liters
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The Falcon II Backpack is the quintessential Maxpedition product: Durable, ergonomic, and intelligently designed. This medium bodied pack is thoroughly constructed with 1050-Denier water & abrasion resistant nylon; yet its ergonomic shape, padded shoulder straps and sturdy sternum & waist support make it an absolute delight to wear.
Further examination will reveal that the Falcon II has layered independent compartments with more pockets, pouches and PALS attachment points than most backpacks twice its size. Pull the dual-directional YKK zippers and expand the main compartment into a full clamshell opening. You'll find that the Falcon II is surprisingly spacious with room to accommodate your camping essentials and two (2) 100oz/3L water reservoirs. Pack it up and press it down with front & side compression straps, then head out on a hike or overnight with a premium Maxpedition backpack.
About Maxpedition Backpacks
Maxpedition Backpacks are built for hauling gear and ergonomically designed to never drag you down. Curvaceous, foam-padded double shoulder straps contour to your chest and a sternum suspension belt helps distribute weight evenly throughout your upper body, so you can carry a load without falling behind.
Made with high quality nylon stitching, self-repairing YKK zippers and a durable water-resistant exterior; Maxpedition Backpacks have multiple compartments and pockets and offer plenty of space for mission essentials, camping gear, hydration reservoirs, laptops, textbooks and CCW.
- Approx. 10"(L) x 19"(H) x 8.5"(W)
- Main compartment approx. 9.5"(L) x 18"(H) x 5"(W)
- Capacity approx. 1520 cu. inches
- 1050-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Teflon fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- High strength zippers and zipper tracks
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
Top Customer Reviews
The bag fits fully packed under the seat of a larger airliner. The load is comfortable, and with the external compression straps I've stuffed the bag but also held jackets, a tent and a water bottle. The Molle attachments are great because I can add additional compartments, bags, firearm magazine pouches.
I've been on multiple deployments and even more travels around the world with this bag and I do not fear it will ever break. The bottom is a rubberized/coated plastic and cordura. It does not have drainage holes. However, there is a water bladder pocket that is great for putting things you might fear could be pick pocketed or you want to hide, and it does have drain holes in case your bladder ruptures.
I also have carried this bag on my chest with a large duffel bag on my back comfortably. On the chest you can look over it just fine, and move your arms with no restrictions.
The only thing that annoys me at times but it's not a con in any way is the long straps. They provide a lot of extra strap material for "larger" guys. I'm not one of them so it just dangles and I have to tie it off every where. But I'd rather have too much than not enough.
If you are thinking of buying the 2289 COYOTE BROWN MEDIUM TRANSPORT PACK copy of this bag DON'T! This bag is worth the little extra cash.Read more ›
Now: this backpack is PERFECT!!!
- It has as many divisions as it has to: no more, no less;
- It fits everything you need in the office;
- It fits everything you need to field work;
- It doesn't mix your stuff;
- It has many places for pencils, notebooks, documents, and things like hard drives, wires and small gear;
- It doesn't mix the camelback with your stuff;
- It has MOLLE supports;
- The size is just perfect (some people may think it is small, but experience shows that if you have a backpack with the size of a house, you will bring a house to field work...).
And many other details that my poor English make it hard to describe.
Anyway, I'm more than happy with this backpack. If you want something with quality, perfect size that allows you to use it on your daily activities and in expeditions as well: this is your backpack!!!
I am thinking in get another one, just to make sure I will have it for as many years as I need...
What's good about this bag (and its derivatives):
- stays compact and keeps its rectangular shape
- 3 zippered storage layers with mesh pockets inside + hydration bladder pocket give you plenty of ways to organize gear
- great for carrying flat items like books, laptops and other electronics
- sternum and waist straps are removable (which is a plus on small packs)
- Y-strap on top can be used to strap a jacket or something bulky outside the pack
- MOLLE webbing for attaching all sorts of things to the outside of the pack or on the shoulder straps: bicycle lights, carabiners, storage pouches, etc.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this as a replacement to an explorer bag I have. I couldn't believe the difference in quality between the two bags. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Lewis
I opened the box and was dismayed at how tiny this pack was. It looked like a toddler pack! But once I expanded it, it holds a good amount. Read morePublished 6 days ago by TarheelTwice
I broke 2 backpacks that semester before getting this one, and this one is still good 6 months later. The cords tied to the zippers did all pull off by accident though.Published 18 days ago by Liota
Ordered for survival gear. Best you could get...holds it all!Published 21 days ago by CAROLYN PARRIS
As good as it gets. Relatively expensive but worth the money. The minute you touch it you'll feel the quality. 1050 denier nylon. Taped seams. Many well anchored mole points. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Cinaet
This is my favorite bag of all time. I own many maxpedition products and if it has thier name on it you know it's top quality. Read morePublished 1 month ago by XGrunt
i love this backpack I would recommend it to anyone looking for a well built pack for daily carry ,Published 1 month ago by jorge santisteban
I gave this to my son as a gift. He loves it. I'm waiting for him to give me one.Published 1 month ago by Robert Estano