Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 4, 2012
These ties are sturdy and secure, once you've attached something with them. I have no complaints about the workmanship, but the design leaves much to be desired.

After about an hour of messing with the 3" ties, I eventually got them in place, and found that they didn't lie flat because of the buckles. Taking them off again was almost as much trouble as putting them on had been, and I ordered some Blackhawk Speed Clips as soon as I finished.

I was still ambivalent on the Tac Ties until the Speed Clips arrived, and were installed with an absolute minimum of fuss and effort. I like Maxpedition, but I see no advantage in this particular product.
22 comments38 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2012
I bought these to secure a canteen cover. Initially they seemed difficult to manipulate but once I got the hang of them they weren't bad. The design is quite clever but to improve it they could get rid of the product label and try to smooth the transition between the thick and thin sections which would keep them from snagging on the webbing during insertion. They are sized just right and the fact that they can be a bit tough to detach is necessary to keep your gear on. I like them and recommend them.
review image
on March 2, 2012
usual great maxpedition quality and craftsmanship.

these are great ties to attach gear to your maxpedition gear. once the gear is attached, it is so tight that it is like it came that way from the factory.

don't try using just your hands; it will be very frustrating.

first, look for how it is done on youtube and on the maxpedition website. you should 'weave' it.

second, and most importantly, use something like a needle nose plier to help pull the tac tie through the molle loops. I tried it without a tool and was getting no where after 5 minutes. I then used a needle nosed plier off of a multi tool and had 3 ties done in under 2 minutes.

would buy again without hesitation.
0Comment34 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2012
These are the penultimate way to attach molle gear.

Buyer beware - if installed properly, they are almost tight to the point of requiring being cut off to remove a pouch.

If you have ideas in your head to move stuff around frequently, these are NOT for you.

They are stupidly strong and secure. I put the securing flap of the strap device and it's associated stitching on a saltwater fishing scale and applied ****310lb**** of force to the stitching and nylon strap end that secures the device with no adverse issues. 310 was the most I could get out of the home-made rig I made to pull on the strap.

I'm not sure how you would ever get this off by accident. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
11 comment20 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2012
As other people have noted, do not purchase these if you want to quickly or regularly swap out accessories. They are just too difficult to use. They take about 5 minutes to put on, a little less to take off, but they're very difficult. They're especially difficult if either things being secured are rigid backed, they need a bit of flex to be able to weave the ties.

However, these things are durable as can be. I attached a pouch to my bag, loaded it with 50 pounds of free weights, and just held the bag up by pouch. Didn't even budge. Just as secure as you'd need, even though there are no snaps or velcro to hold the ties together, just a little flap of fabric to keep it from sliding out of the plastic loop.
on June 22, 2011
REVIEW 2 OF 2: COMPARISON REVIEW ON 12.14.2012: BLACKHAWK SPEED CLIPS (5 STARS) VERSUS MAXPEDITION TAC TIES (1 STAR)

Both the Blackhawk Speed Clips and the Maxpedition Tac Ties tightly secure a MOLLE (an acronym for the collection of pouches, magazine holders, and other gear that attach to a PALS webbing). That tight grip isn't the only goal. A great MOLLE attachment device also makes your project simple.

That doesn't mean the task will take only a minute. Maybe it'll be more. Perhaps it'll even be less. Whatever time it'll take, the speed clips are wonderfully easy to use. As you're weaving one through the PALS webbing, you can easily feel progress. Even with issues, they can be effortlessly corrected.

The convenient way of using the speed clips is so nice that I've even been able to attach my MOLLE in dim lighting, without using a tool, and without wearing my eyeglasses. By contrast, tac ties are time-consuming and require concentration to install. But once your MOLLE is attached, it's very difficult to remove.

However, where the Maxpedition offers a unique advantage over the Blackhawk is its ability to change a MOLLE's orientation. By weaving 5-inch tac ties through the customary vertical webbings, horizontal ladders will then appear that will make it possible to attach MOLLEs horizontally. Going from horizontal to vertical is also possible.

Regardless, not only is the Maxpedition more difficult to use than the Blackhawk, it's also more expensive to buy. As of today, December 14, 2012, the per-unit price in Amazon is $1.67 for one tac tie; it's only $1.22 for one speed clip, a savings of 27%. So if you're loyal to Maxpedition, you're getting a lower-performing and costlier product compared to the higher-performing and cheaper Blackhawk.

Overall, both Blackhawk and Maxpedition secure MOLLEs tightly. After that, however, the impressive way of easily using the Blackhawk is unmatched by Maxpedition. To top it all off, Blackhawk costs less than Maxpedition. Where do you think you'll get the most value for your hard-earned money?
REVIEW 1 OF 2: INITIAL REVIEW ON 6.22.2011: 1 STAR

These are incredibly difficult and immensely frustrating to use. They tested my patience, as it took me nearly an hour to attach a pouch to my EDC bag. I then eventually bought the Blackhawk Speed Clips, and they're far more superior. Using them to attach the same pouch took me only about five minutes.
11 comment12 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2015
GREAT addition for those who use the MOLLE system. Solid as hell but also a bit tough to get off. Not extremely hard to remove just have to sit down and take 2-3 minutes to sit there and do it. No tools needed.

They also remove much easier once you have worn them in a bit. Especially great for Maxpedition products themselves. Included a decent pic of my USMC 3-day Assault pack with a Maxpedition Mini pocket organizer so you can see for yourself the dimensions and use of the product.

I personally prefer these over MALICE clips or other competitors because with these I know my pouches wont accidentally fall off my bag in heavy transit.
review image
on August 5, 2013
Maxpedition sewed a tag with their logo on the inside of each TacTie. While this item works in attaching other Maxpedition items, the tag on the inside of the TacTic (where it folds) will cause your Webbing to fray. Almost any item you attach with these TacTies will have some sort of wiggle-room or may even slide back-and-forth or left-and-right, a little. Any movement of this sort will speed up the destruction of your webbing.

By the way, this product is actually called a "TacTie" not a "TacTile" as shown in the product title.
on July 17, 2011
These work perfectly, of course, to attached more McDoodles to my Maxpedition Vulture 2. I love my Vulture, but I didn't realize that my $130 backpack would end up costing me $500 by the time I get all my extra thingies purchased and attached. Still, I love the possibilities and versatility.
on March 19, 2015
I have been using Maxpedition equipment for over a decade. Their quality is second to none. In the early days, they sold Tactical Tailor MALICE clips to use to fasten their MOLLE gear. Maxpedition should have stuck with those. After I used up all my giant stash of MALICE Clips, I ordered some of these TacTies. While they still feature Maxpedition's infamous quality, the are very difficult to use, especially on smaller items such as MaxP's single sheath. The ballistic nylon is too flexible and too thick to make these a practical way to attach anything. You have to use a small tool or pliers to push them through the MOLLE loops due to the tight tolerances. I actually tore some of the stitching on my pack trying to get only one of these TacTies buckled. With MALICE Clips, it's a simple and rapid affair to attach/detach anything. Do yourself a favor and stick with MALICE Clips.