Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.69 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Maxtech 16521MX 32-Piece Precision Bit Set
|Price:||$13.68 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 30 heavy-duty Chrome-Vanadium precision bits
- Telescopic driver shaft adjusts to desired length
- Compact pocket-sized case
- 3 removable bit trays for easy access
- Metal tightening ferril
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Size: Inquiries - by email
Top Customer Reviews
But, with my replacement screws (thanks Apple Genius bar!) and this 32-piece precision bit set, I was able to get the entire job done in 10 minutes. The set is compact, clear, and sturdy.
Those who have given it poor reviews, above, likely did not use the "bit extender" piece - but, it is a key element. Simply slide the extender into the base and then load the bit into the extender. This is not an optional part of the process - it's just how the unit is designed. This design allows the screwdriver to take on many different lengths and allows a static piece (the extender) be the connector to the bits, as opposed to a clamp like other designs. This preserves the bits themselves and allows the unit to be ultra-compact.
After buying and either breaking or returning three other precision sets, I can highly recommend this set.
1. These bits are made from 4 mm hex tool bar stock, not 1/4 inch bar stock that many are familiar with for similar tools. I thought this might be a problem, but I find the small bit sizes very appropriate for this format, and I prefer the smaller size.
2. A two-part driver handle is included in the set and fits nicely in the case. It consists of a handle and an extension. To use a tool, first insert the extension in the handle and tighten the knurled chuck. Fully extended, the handle is about 8 1/2 inches long. Fully collapsed it is just over 5 1/2 inches long.
3. The bits fit into the extension and are held there by a spring clip as a friction fit. This is very good as there is no magnetic action. One does not want to magnetize small parts. However, it does mean you have to push the bit in past its initial "stop" to get the friction to hold the bit in.
4. There are 3 bit trays in the set, and each can easily be lifted from the case and stood next to your work.
Another review talked about purchasing color-coded aluminum drivers from another source that fits the 4 mm driver format. I did this, and was most impressed with these tools also. The driver handle that comes with this set is quite adequate if you are ready to change bits as needed. The color coded handles are great if you perform frequent tasks that require say 3 or 4 torx drivers and you don't want to waste time changing bits.
Perhaps, the absence of an instruction sheet is a flaw. Some have complained that the handle does not hold firmly enough the screw bits; in my opinion, the extension-shaft is to be used always. Which brings me to my criticism.
The screw-bit-socket has too large an external diameter for fine work. I have used this tool to tighten screws on my eyeglasses, and the collar of the socket gets in the way. For such small screwdrivers there is no need for a large torque, and the stem of the bits, and consequently the socket to receive them, could have been made much thinner. My other criticism is a minor one, this storage box could have been designed to receive the handle with the extension shaft inserted, rather than having to have to separate them store them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you like to do minor fixes on some household electronics and toys I recommend this product. Do keep in mind that this is not magnetic as its intended use is to fix electronic... Read morePublished 16 hours ago by Antonio
I bought this set in 2011 and I decided to finally do a review because I use this set at least once or twice a month taking apart electronics, fixing toys or replacing batteries. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Dreux LaViolette
I have the older version of this set where the handle is aluminum. Unfortunately after years of use, the threads under the screw-on nut finally snapped off. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Amazon Customer
its okay, but did break some already unscrewing the bottom cover of a macPublished 29 days ago by Gustavo Ramirez
Love this set! I am an airsoft technician, and I need some pretty small drivers for the products I work on; this works pretty well! Read morePublished 29 days ago by Alex Riendeau
Used this small tool set to work on multiple electronics. It's been extremely helpful for building and upgrading my computers (such as my home built computer and my 2011 Macbook... Read morePublished 1 month ago by JSaroufim
The box came fine but the case it came in was broken and 1/3 of the bits were missing.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer