Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$4.99

on May 27, 2012
Maxwell Huxley's Demon is about a courageous boy, Maxwell, a boy looking for answers, trusting no one, and trying to fit in. The story takes the reader on an exciting journey, where we care about the outcome and the characters, where we feel part of the environment, and where our imagination takes off. Funny, sad and scary all rolled into one story.
on July 10, 2012
I really enjoyed reading Maxwell Huxley's Demon. The writing is wonderful. The author, Michael Conn tells a story of Max and his search for answers. Readers will be able to identify with Max and his feelings of isolation and being different. The other characters Walker, Virginia, Naomi, Horace and Lara are well thought out. There are lots of interesting details in this book, and the action scenes come to life. I also like how Michael easily transitions from one section of the book to another. Waiting patiently for the second book.
on May 27, 2012
Its rare that I buy a book and then proceed to read it all in one sitting. Last night I started ready and couldn't stop reading until almost 4.

Maxwell Huxley's Demon was fast moving, engaging novel and I'm now stuck waiting for the next book.

If you are a fan of fantasy or sci-fi novels that this book will probably be great for you. If it helps you decide if this book might be great for you I'm a big fan Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordon, Terry Brookes, LE Modesitt and similar authors...
on August 7, 2012
Maxwell Huxley's Demon is a action packed, sensitive and overall wonderful YA book suitable for kids 12 and up. Max, along with is friends, are being raised in a "school" in a secluded area in North America where they are trained in some fairly unusual disciplines. That's the extent of what they know, other than that they are very different from regular kids.

It's tough to say much without giving too much away other than what follows is Max breaking out of the school and a chase that looks to address the escape. Be warned, this is Book 1 and you will be desperate for more when you get to that last page.
on June 21, 2012
After the first few chapters I was loving the action. The author has a great way of describing the chase and fight scenes, an there are quite a few novel concepts and inventions that Max uses to interesting effect. Without giving anything away, I can say that there are some pretty high concepts present here, but written to the young adult audience that makes them accessible and engaging.

Max is a really messed-up little dude, but he's on a mission and it seems that nothing will stand in his way.

I'm not sure where the series is headed and I can't wait for book two to find out.
My 12-year-old is halfway through already and loving it.
Hurry up Mr. Conn, don't keep us waiting too long!
on January 20, 2013
The Ender's Game meets Bourne in the description really nails it. You've got several kids with special powers on the run from the organisation that has been 'controlling' them. Good pace that keeps you in the book, and you'll get behind the yearning to escape. The ending suggests a sequel, or at least more to be told.
on September 10, 2012
I picked this book up before a trip, grabbing a number of five-star books from the Kindle free lists. I was very disappointed. I stuck with it to the cliffhanger ending, because I'm just stubborn that way. But I can't honestly recommend that anyone do so, much less pay for it.

There are some interesting ideas buried in this book. But between the uneven pacing, the terrible writing, and the gratingly self-conscious Harry Potter references, they are really, really hard to find.
on May 13, 2013
Interesting story but basic plot kept repeating itself making. Also, would have liked a bit more detail as to how these children were being used by the "secre" organization. I mean just one of these kids could have stopped or started a war on terror.
on June 10, 2012
I downloaded this on a Saturday and finished it in 2 sittings. My wife was annoyed that I ignored some domestic chores in order to read the book, but I couldn't put it down. It reminded me of Enders Game, but I thought "Maxwell" was better.
on June 11, 2012
Had to put my 'Game of Throne' book 2 aside so that I could finish this book. I couldn't stop reading, I had no idea what was going to happen next and loved ever second of it. Michael when is book 2 coming out as I must know what happens to Max. This really was a great read and kept you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Loved it!!!!