5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Boot/Shoe/Glove Dryer!
I bought this after disappointment with the Peet 'Original' (convection low heat device). I've used the Maxx Dry XL for a week now and I'm very pleased with it.
12/14/2010 - beginning second winter with Maxx Dry XL - still blowing, buying another for #2 Son. Do not bother with convection Peet, you want the blower.

January 2013 - Maxx Dry XL still drying...
Published on December 26, 2009 by L. E. L.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't deliver
It worked fine in the beginning and we were extremely excited to have purchased a product that might lessen our son's athletic shoe stench. Now, less than 6 weeks after receiving the MaxxDry Boot Dryer (two weeks beyond the eligible return date), it is essentially useless to us. First, the timer stopped working...we have to manually turn it off or it will run 24 hours...
Published 9 months ago by sjsveen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Boot/Shoe/Glove Dryer!, December 26, 2009
L. E. L. "LEL" (White Bear Lake, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer (Sports)

January 2013 - Maxx Dry XL still drying wet gloves and boots - 5 STARS.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny - perfect for cold weather surfers, January 5, 2011
Scott Kurttila (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer (Sports)
after reading a lot of the reviews on MaxxDry, i decided to order one to dry out my surfing boots and gloves - even though they were new, after just the first session they stunk like roadkill as I tried drying them out of a steam heat radiator in my small NYC apartment. I ordered this model instead of the wide body because the price was so much better and it came with the boot towers. after a couple of hours, my boots/gloves are dry and odor free. I'd also say the motor is much quieter than expected - i thought it was going to sound like a hair-dryer running, but it's more comparable to the hum of a small room fan you might use during the summer to create a breeze. This was a great bonus bc I work from home, in a small apartment and couldn't afford to be using the phone while trying to hear/shout over a loud fan/motor running in the background. I don't even notice the noise which is great. I hope it holds up but even if it only makes it a year or so, I'd def just get another one for $49 = $0.13 a day for a year of dry, non-smelling gloves and boots. looking forward to using it on snowboarding boots, running shoes and cycling shoes, too. great product and much easier than trying to make my own contraption from PVC and all that. one click order, showed up the next day, done and done. also seems smaller, lighter and more compact than expected which I like bc it's easy to get "over geared" doing a few sports. this easily fits in an out of the way corner and does its job better than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I would have bought this before, December 28, 2010
This review is from: MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer (Sports)
Bought this for a household with 5 kids who love to go sledding during cold MI winters. Works within 1-2 hours to have boots and gloves dried for next adventure outside. Sure beats what I had to do as a kid--leaving boots/gloves on heat vent all night only to have damp boots in am! quiet--can only hear it standing right next to unit. I could not notice ANY odors while boots were drying. Plan on getting another!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every home with boys needs this!, March 22, 2010
This review is from: MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer (Sports)
Have to have it with my two sons and swampy back yard. I have owned a couple but this one so far is much more sturdy and works well. I also don't feel like it is a fire hazzard like some of the others that I have owned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Glove & Boot Dryer, April 25, 2011
This review is from: MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer (Sports)
After reviewing a number of boot and glove dryers, I cam to one conclusion; they were all pretty lousy. I noticed that the reviews for the MaxxDry dryer were, for the most part, pretty favorable, so I decided to give it a shot. I have gone on a couple ski trips since the purchase and will say that I am very satisfied with my purchase thus far. The dryer does a very good job of producing enough heat to expedite the drying process, but not so much that it shrinks or overheats your gloves or boots. The timer is a great feature as well. I have found that it typically only takes about 90 minutes on the machine for everything to be dry (both boots and gloves at the same time). The only issue I have with the machine is that it is fairly bulky to travel with. The main unit can take up a decent amount of space in your suit case, not to mention the extension tubes that are needed if you plan on drying boots with it. Overall, I would not let the bulkiness of the product deter you from a purchase as I would rather have a dryer that I know will work well and last than one I can easily fit easily into a suitcase with the hope that it might work.....for a little while.

4.0 out of 5 stars work outdoors all year in boots stinky wet boots., January 10, 2008
yes it works. warm almost hot air will dry your boots gloves ect.. I would advise rotation of your wet product. ie tilt boots/gloves . I am a traveling carpenter/framer. I have it next to my bed in a hotel room(the only plug-in). maxx dry xl blows tons of air so unit is a little noisy. I wish the box was also a travel kit. my dog ate the box it came in the box must have been packaged just after lunch? anywho I made a wood box fearing it would break. its plastic 100%. I bought another for my bro-inlaw. he also loves the forced air system vs the radiant heat method others try to employ. he had anothers version and gave it away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, January 30, 2011
This review is from: MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer (Sports)
We have only used it a couple of times, but so far it does a great job. The only thing I don't like is that if you are not using all four dryers you can not turn off the two not in use. If you're going to only need to do one pair of shoes at a time then I would just go with a single dryer. I like that it has a timer and shuts off when done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent multi-purpose dryer., October 24, 2013
This review is from: MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer (Sports)
I have used the PEET 'Original' convection dryer for years to dry out boots, and gloves and even my boxing gloves after a workout. It always worked well even if it took a while. I finally decided to get a second unit and after reading many of the reviews I decided on this MaxxDry unit. I love the fact that it has more than two dryer posts, so now I can dry boots AND gloves at the same time. Also, with the addition of the fan it works even quicker and more thoroughly than the preview one. I have to say I use it downstairs in my basement so noise is not a concern but even still the unit is fairly quiet and rather than waiting overnight I have dry boots in just a couple of hours. Great product, good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars works well for surf booties and gloves, January 17, 2011
This review is from: MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer (Sports)
Since I use them frequently (ie. difficult for them to dry out completely), my surf booties smelled like death warmed over, regardless of how conscientious I was about rinsing/hanging/positioning them, until I started using this dryer two weeks ago. Now they smell just a bit (probably mostly residual from before), but thankfully I can't smell them throughout the entire room any more. I was worried that the heat would degrade the liquid seam treatment, but seems OK so far the couple of pairs of booties that I've tried with this; I don't dry them completely, but just enough to get the moisture out of the footbed. Very useful product for me.
By the way, this one is the same as the "XL" version that is being sold for 20 dollars more, at this time. Keep that in mind when making your choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and quiet, February 1, 2012
This review is from: MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer (Sports)
This is the first warm air drier I've owned and I like the way it works.
My soaking wet work boots dried through in the three hours maximum time it can be set. That never happened with my air only model. That would take 12 hours and was noisy enough I could hear it upstairs with the unit in my downstairs laundry under my bedroom.

The MaxxDry I do not hear at all. It is quiet even in the room adjacent to my laundry. Great product.
I do remove my insoles before drying and yes I did that on my old unit too.
Put my gloves on with my boots and dried them also.
Did my ski boots after a day of skiing and completely dried them. I usually pull the liner from the boot and just dry them but tested the unit with liner in boot, pulled liner at end of cycle and it was dry inside and out.

Very sturdy and doesn't tip over loaded with boots.

MaxxDry Boot, Shoe and Glove Dryer