Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now STEM

on December 5, 2013
These were better than I expected. I paid 50% off from a third party seller and I was surprised at the quality when I opened them up. They are not much, but the plastic they used seems very nice and they work perfectly.
on January 20, 2014
I use these to split bare bulb sockets in my garage / basement to use 2x CFL bulbs. Instead of a single 60W incandescent, I now use either 2x 23w or 2x 19w CFL bulbs to have far more light and actually use less electricity. Do not overload these with high powered incadescents. Nice that these are actually UL marked. I threw some out that I had already since they had no markings at all.
on May 31, 2013
I found a deal for ten 60 watt LED light bulbs and placed them where they would be allowed. Then for kicks I searched the internet for a two bulb into to one fixture gadget and these popped up. Downstairs and in the garage I have a total of ten 100 watt light bubs, and I am slowly replacing these with two 60 watt LED's that use only 10 watts of power. I am shocked at the lower electricity bill. I can't prove that it is $20 less a month now, but what else can it be. After buying 12 more 60 watt LED's I will have LED's everywhere they are able to be used, and my electricity meter will be turning much slower. My next move will be to replace the two circular fluorescent fixtures with an LED set up.
on February 3, 2014
These little nuggets did the trick. They take one bulb socket, in any normal light socket within reason, and turn it into two, just like screwing in a lightbulb. Great when you need a little more light in an area, instead of a whole lamp. These guys are reasonably priced, ship quick, and the splitters arrived on time and in perfect working order. Makes sense if you aren't paying shipping or can't get to a hardware store right away. Didn't deal with them directly for any reason so can't comment on that.
on February 8, 2016
Works as advertised! I've got two 100W LED equivalents in one and two 75W LED equivalent bulbs in these. They work no problem. Would highly recommend them if you need additional bulbs in one socket. These do require quite a bit of room, but I had plenty in the drum shade for which these went into.
review image
on December 21, 2014
Works just as advertised. We've used these for increasing light output from a floor lamp by using 2 LED bulbs with this splitter. We also use them extensively for CFLs and have had no problems with them.
on April 22, 2015
Arrived quickly. One was broke, but I was able to use it, hence the 1 star reduction. It could have been packed better by Amazon. The person who packed the box put them in loose with a heavy item that just ended up breaking one of these. Otherwise, the sockets work great. I put two 100 watt equivalent CFLs in them and it lights up the basement so much better than the one 60 watt regular bulb. And wattage wise, it's using less watts than the 60 watt incadescent. Yeah - it's a win-win situation.
on March 2, 2015
Get bright lamps again using CFL or LED 60W equivalent bulbs, two at a time. Fits all lamps, but you need to remove the harp while you install it. If the harp doesn't line up you have to loosen your socket and turn the harp mount, but that is very easy to adjust. These may add too much height in small shades, so look to see if 2 inches lift will put the bulbs out the top... Large shades are no problem.
on April 12, 2016
While I don’t actually love this product, it works exactly as I expected it to, and I don’t have any complaints about it. I use it for starting seedlings with these mini bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/review/R3GX4ZDE3Z90HU/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv, as well as these gooseneck extenders: http://www.amazon.com/Extension-Flexible-Gooseneck-Converter-Extender/dp/B012I6NQC2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00.

PROS:
-Pack of three. I’m currently only using two, so it’s nice to have an extra one for when I need it later.
-Works exactly as described. No issues with it burning or smoking, though I’m using lower wattage bulbs.

CONS:
-Cheaply made, but priced accordingly; there’s already a hairline crack on one. It still works, though.
-There’s a sweet spot for where the bulb needs to be, otherwise you have to finagle it a little for the light to turn on.
I used these in a single light fixture to provide added light with my LEDs. The fitment can vary depending on your fixture design, but basically if it is a single open fixture (like a bulb drop from the ceiling), these will work. I don't even recommend CFLs anymore, so a pair of LEDs won't cause any electrical issues as they draw a fraction of the amperage as an incandescent.