Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on January 4, 2013
I'm a big fan of Gabby's. I have read her other books and followed her on her site and social media for years. I had the release of this book set on a countdown on my phone. I couldn't have been more excited for it...Maybe that was the problem. Maybe because I have read her other books, May Cause Miracles read like May Cause More Of The Same. I just felt like I was reading her first two books all over again with a (very basic) guide added on.

It's definitely geared towards those who are beginners on their spiritual path. The 40 Day guide is a great start for beginners, but wasn't what I was looking for, as I've also done similar and more in-depth daily guides in such books as ACIM (of which Gabby is an admitted student), The Magic, and others.

I was hoping for something new and fresh, considering this is only Gabby's third book... But i do acknowledge that maybe that's unfair and I was hoping for too much, and that those are simply MY expectations, which isn't a reflection of the book itself. However, I don't think it's reaching too far to expect some new material from a relatively new author. Some clearly disagree with me on this, they're okay with reading the same thing repeatedly. That's fine. I just wish I had known before I paid full price for it. I still like Gabby and will continue to follow her and watch her growth and draw inspiration from her. And I look forward to her future, and hopefully new, publishings.

For those who are new to the self-help section, or for those looking for reinforcement material on Gabby's previous two books and A Course In Miracles... This book is a good start.

*Edited To Add* - READ BEFORE BUYING BASED ON REVIEWS*
I find many of these reviews on this book and comments made on my review disheartening. A large portiom of the 5 star reviews are written by unverified users who have only ever written a review for this book or just of books under this publishing company. A couple of reviews even claim to have completed and been transformed by the FORTY DAY guidebook on January 1st and 2nd... When the book was released on January 1st. I do believe in miracles, but I also believe in reality and I know it's not possible to complete a 40 day workbook properly in 1 day and be transformed.

Faking ratings to boost sales is not a new marketing scheme, but very disheartening with this book if that is the case. If you're publishing a book on "miracles" and "trusting in the universe", perhaps you should believe in what you're publishing before you run it through the marketing mill and take people's money. Considering that this book really is just a rewrite of Gabby's other two books and the hypocritical marketing along with it, I half feel like lowering the rating to one or two stars. But I will not because the contents of the book remain the same and I believe in the message. I now just question the sincerity behind the words. Perhaps the marketing team should believe in miracles, too.

Conclusion: Be wary of purchasing this book based on the glowing reviews alone. If you are drawn to this book, give it a try. Just don't be deceived by marketing schemes.
3737 comments|730 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2013
I had many problems with this book. Mainly I found it boring and repetitive. Plus I agree with some other reviewers here - that Gabby doesn't go deep. A lot of her info is surface oriented. As someone else mentioned in their review, Gabby writes how she got down to 99 pounds and had 6 ulcers - but doesn't explain enough of the what led to this- etc etc But mainly this book is a challenge to read because it's boring and redundant. I am shocked that this book got so many positive reviews - it is simply that bad. So out of curiosity I read the comments below one of the other reviewers - a reviewer who said she thought this book was a re-hash of Gabby's first 2 books - the reviewer xkriscrossx - Check out comments below her review. She got dumped on by what appears to be Gabby's aggressive marketing team. Very strange behavior - for a self help author to assign her marketing team to attack negative reviewers. And from what this reviewers says, Gabby's done this before with her other book reviews too. From what I've read from (and about ) Gabby - she's a good marketing girl - but she's really a very shallow spiritual writer. She seems like a a false voice in the spiritual world. I too noticed how a majority of the 5 star reviews were written by people who have only ever written a review for this book - many of which claimed to have finished the book and had their lives changed by this 40 day plan - on January 1st or 2nd - when the book was published on Jan 1st.As someone else pointed out, it's not possible to complete a 40 day program in 1 day and be transformed. Perhaps this book received a lot of positive reviews because Gabby held a blog contest - which required people to write positive reviews on amazon - if Gabby were to consider posting their submission on her site. I suppose this is a good marketing tool for Gabby to come up with to get a bunch of writers who want some publicity to write positive reviews on amazon about Gabby's book - but - in the end, this means that if you're considering buying this book - you should pause before you do so - and make sure you're not being lured in by insincere reviews.
1212 comments|276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2013
I loved her other books, but this seems...I don't know, like she's strayed a bit. I lost interest after the second or third day, I can't even remember to be honest. It was just boring and it seemed like her intentions were off. Maybe it was seeing that picture of her on her website with her eyes closed front and center of some sort of class with a bunch of people with their eyes closed. What are you a guru? LOL, I just can't take it seriously. I kept having to remind myself to approach it with love and understanding and thought, "wait a minute, why am I working this hard?"

I don't know, I have a lot of work to do on myself, but I'm not sure this is the way for me. See if you can borrow it first before you outright purchase it.

Update: May 15th, 2013

So I tried to give her another shot, despite receiving her self-centered annoying email about how to respond to negative criticism a few days before giving it another go. I can't even get through the first day! It's not a book the consumer, it's a book for her. It's not meant to help anyone as much as it is her homework. I don't know if that makes any sense, but to put it another way, it seems like this is a project for her to get some sort of training certificate. It just seems like it's written because someone told her to do it, or so she can get another qualification stamp.

It's really boring and her tone comes off as disingenuous. I am going to read a course in miracles though, since she quotes it on every page, every exercise.
0Comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2013
So I just purchased the book on Kindle. I took a look at the first few exercises and saw that there could be some value in them for me. I was also pleased to see that there are guided audio meditations available for the course, as I don't feel I can properly meditate while reading instructions on the meditation. I went onto Gabby's website to download the audio and discovered that she is charging for those meditations. She is actually charging more for the meditations than she is for the book. I feel like there has been some sort of bait and switch here. I will have to dig deep within myself just to figure out if having the guided meditations is worth it. I'm not sure why there isn't a coupon code for the meditations in the book. If there is, someone please point it out to me, because I have not seen it.

Way to make a buck, Gabby!

EDIT: I just decided to get A Course in Miracles instead.
on October 5, 2013
Altough I commend her for leading people to A Course in Miracles who would otherwise not know of it, her style of writing in this book was a turn off for me as well as the material as most of it was all taken almost verbatim from Garys book or the Course in Miracles. It was not deep enough or helpful to me, she does not seem at all genuine, and I got rid of the book after 4 or 5 chapters. I recommend A Course in Miracles, and Gary Renards book The Disappearance of the Universe which helps decipher the spiritually radical Course teachings.
on January 1, 2013
I'm Maya, I'm 12 years old and I'm reviewing Gabrielle Bernstein's new book May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness

Gabrielle Bernstein's "May Cause Miracles" is more than a book. It is a journey of self discovery. It's a book about turning your fear into love and learning how to create and embrace miracles. It opens your eyes to see the good and the great in life and it helps you discover your ~ing ( Inner Guide ). After reading the FIRST chapter I felt very refreshed like I had finished a peaceful meditation or awakened from a good nights rest. The thing I also LOVE about this book is that it's for everyone! :)

I love this book so much I just HAD to make a video review as well!
1717 comments|187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2013
I picked up this book at the suggestion of a good friend. I watched a bunch of her videos on YouTube first and felt this strong connection to her words. I figured if a friend was so in love with her, and her videos were so amazing, that I too might find her work helpful.

In the first chapter, I felt like all I heard was Charlie Brown's teacher "blah blah blah blah blah blah." I tried re-reading it, but I could not get into the flow of her writing. It was frustrating because I thought there would be some magicalness to her writing right from the get go. She brought up the book A Course In Miracles by Schucman, Dr. Helen so many times that I thought, what the heck am I reading this book for when I should be reading A Course in Miracles? It's like I was reading a third party re-telling of A Course in Miracles.

In the second chapter, I again felt like Charlie Brown's teacher was blabbing on and on and on. I also re-read that chapter but could NOT get the flow down. Something was off. There are little tid-bits of this and that, but no depth.

I'm sad I bought this book. I couldn't get through it and I couldn't do the assignments because I felt that the evidence was too wishy-washy, not deep enough and not clear enough. I wanted something I could really sink my teeth into and make a connection with. This book was not it for me. Maybe it's because I'm not coming out of drug addiction or really anything. I just thought this would be a good self-improvement book because my friend is so in love with this lady, as are so many others.

I don't get it.
on March 6, 2013
I am a little disappointed with this book. For starters, the author quotes methods from " a course in miracles" on practically every page of this book. It leads me to think I should have just bought that book instead of this one.
Some of the affirmations were quite good and some of the exercises were helpful but I found that breaking up the meditations to several times a day was overall difficult for me to keep up with. For those leading a busy lifestyle its hard to keep up with and may even forget to do the nightly meditations/journalings/ exercises.
Overall I found this to be more of a chore than motivational.
on September 14, 2014
I've just begun reading and I'm already annoyed with the writing style I would describe as a cross between a cheerleader and a chihuahua. As a woman over 60 who is familiar with A Course In Miracles (ACIM) and the writing of Marianne Williamson, Ms. Bernstein's content so far comes across as ACIM "Lite" and/or Marianne Williamson wannabe 2.0.

Most likely I'm simply not in Ms. Bernstein's target audience. I think this might be a good introduction to energy-work in general and to ACIM in particular for people in their 30s and 40s, however, I'm disappointed with my purchase. I'm also disappointed with my purchase of Miracles Now by the same author for similar reasons. Even though I appreciate her enthusiasm for the subject, something about her presentation is getting in the way for me. It just feels like she's out to make a fast buck for herself off of A Course In Miracles and her readers.
on July 13, 2013
I bought this at the suggestion of my sister and we were going to go through it together. She gave up on it about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way into it. I slogged through, hopeful that it might get better -

There were a couple of points that were interesting but even not having gone through anything else by this author it seemed clear to me that it was just more of the same that she's said before.

Her constant references to "A Course In Miracles" made one think, why waste time on this.....one could do that or something else of similar quality.

There are so many high quality, well written and effective books, programs and material available for those that really want to make some changes that I would highly recommend exploring them before this one.

I have read other reviews here on this book and find, like another reviewer stated, that many were written prior to or almost immediately when the book was published. My guess would be that they are not unbiased or natural reviews. :)

Best