Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 3, 2013 1:40:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2013 1:41:11 PM PDT
That Dude says:
Well, for the first shipment, yea. But I recently found out there were problems with the episode arrangements on the discs. Here's the original message from Dynamo of Eternia on the BR forum:

"Plus they actually have a fix coming up for the confusing Volume-to-Season set transition of the individual releases.

Originally the series was being released in single-disc volumes. There were a total of 6 volume releases. Volumes 1 and 2 were Seasons 1 and 2 respectively. Volumes 3-6 together were season 3 (and the first episode of Season 4 for some reason). Then after that they started they moved to season sets starting with Season 4 (which repeats that same episode from Volume 6)."

So they probably wanna fix this issue then re-release the complete series. For anyone that bought the first shipment, did the first disc (season 1) contain the "lost" episodes from season 10? If so, were they put on the final season discs as well?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2013 3:15:57 AM PDT
A. Genard says:
I got mine from DVDempire last Nov. (I think it was a Black Friday sale) and can verify this set is literally just a repackaging of the old discs - COMPLETE with episodes being way out of whack, duplicated in some instances. So yes, the "lost" eps from season 10 are on the first disc as well as their rightful place on the S10 disc. It's wiser to view this release as a "collection of previous releases" instead of a singularly produced set.

For most complete TV series sets, this approach would be perfectly OK. But Lionsgate spent 8 YEARS slowly trickling the whole series out. Along the way they made many bad choices, some corrected later and some not. As a result, this collection as a whole is very disjointed and inconsistent. For someone who isn't familiar with the past releases and their shortcomings I could see how it would be very confusing and frustrating. Lionsgate had a golden opportunity to author new discs and wash away much of their past mistreatment. But instead they chose a simple, slipshod repackaging job that kept the initial MSRP down. So for anything under $100 I'd still deem this set as "worthwhile" if you don't have (m)any of the old DVDs.

But the current price gouging of $300+ by private sellers is totally unwarranted. You could likely buy ALL the individual releases for around $100, it would take up roughly the same shelf space, and the housing is real DVD cases instead of the totally impractical van (albeit pretty cool looking). I seriously doubt Lionsgate is going to revise this set for a re-release. They just re-released season 3 and yet again squandered an oppurtunity to make new discs and fix things.

In a perfect world the new Nickelodeon TMNT show becomes a huge hit, Lionsgate accepts a nice offer for the rights to the original series from Nick, and Nick does new DVD releases from scratch.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2015 8:04:39 PM PDT
K. says:
On the individual volume of Season 4 the episode called "Funny They Shrunk Michelangelo" works. In this set it doesn't. I payed $80 for mine in 2012... the price shot up and now it's back down.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 3, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions