Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 22, 2010
I LOVE Maybelline Gel Eye Liner - Brown!

I always had this problem of the stick eye liner melting around my eyes and making me look like a racoon, and liquid eye liners always flaked and faded because i have EXTREMELY oily skin including my eye lid area.

after trying this gel liner I'll never go back! It even has a really fine angular brush that comes free with it! How cool is that?! It's very soft and does the job perfectly. You can make your eye liner as thick or as thin as you desire. It's also really nice for blending in with eye shadow. I have caramel Asian skin, slightly on the fairer side, so I got brown for office wear, slightly subtle; and black for party wear.

It lasts all through the day and is water proof as well. At the end of the day all I have to do is gently dab away the eye liner with a clean earbud covered in a little lotion-type eye-makeup remover. Avon's is amazingly gentle, hydrating, and very very affordable!

I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants their eye makeup to actually stay on their eyes and not melt off or flake off.
33 comments| 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2015
I've been doing my eyeliner the same way for going on five years - a very dark and very thick "cat eye." I am constantly getting asked about how I do this and what product I use, and people are always surprised that I use a cream liner rather than a liquid. For me, liquid liner tends to separate, sometimes crack, and everyone knows that you've really got to be careful with it because it's so temperamental. This eyeliner isn't like that at all, it's extremely smooth, it stays locked on all day (and even overnight!) and it always looks absolutely divine. There is no other eyeliner that I'll ever use - so I hope they never discontinue this. A jar of this liner lasts me 4-6 months on a daily use, doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin, and doesn't have some chemical-like scent. If there's any beauty product I recommend to people of all skin tones, ages, and styles, it's this.
on December 28, 2014
Bought this in September, and it is December and I still haven't had to buy any new eyeliner. I love it, it stays on all day with only a little smudge and is easy to take off and apply. My favorite eyeliner.
review image
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2015
I really like this eyeliner and I would definitely prefer this eyeliner to pencil or liquid because for several reasons:
First, it is easy to apply and brush makes it easy to draw straight lines.
Secondly, unlike with liquid eyeliners, you have control over intensity so you can make it really dark (like for smoky eyes) or less intense for every-day makeup.
Lastly, this eyeliner is not as dry as pencil, which makes it less harsh on my eyelids, takes less time to apply, no need to sharpen, no mess.
I would also recommend it for someone who is new or not very good at applying makeup.

I’ve been wearing this eyeliner daily for a week and it didn't smudge.
The only disadvantage I can think of is that you should to clean brush after each time you apply make up.
review image review image review image review image
on October 20, 2015
I've been using liquid eyeliners and having troubles with it cracking, smudging...and have to keep fixing it throughout the day. I was worried about trying out gel liner because I thought it would be hard. Until I watched a YouTube video about how to use it, and decided to give it a try (better than spending more money to find a kind of liquid eyeliner which won't crack, maybe I just have oily eyelids, I don't know...) and dang... I'M IN LOVE!!! It took me a while since it was my first time using it, but I love how the lines look so sharp and it has a matte finish. I've worn it for around 6 hours now and it still looks good so far. Very happy. Glad I gave it a try! :)
on October 15, 2010
I've used many different brands and styles of eye liner, and this one is by far my absolute favorite! So here is my experience:

I love the softer look of a pencil, but the darn stuff wears off, or smudges, or creases on my upper lid within a few hours. I've tried liquid liners before, but didn't care for the hard line, and if you mess up (I'm no pro) you have to start the whole eye from scratch. The gel liner...super easy to apply with the little brush and you can put as much or as little as you like. I do a thinner smoky line on my upper eye and just a bit on the lower outer corner. If you wanted that heavy liquid line, you could certainly accomplish that too with this product. I found I have much more control with the gel and the brush than the liquid. not to mention I've had liquid liner run into my eyes (man does that stuff burn!).

Needless to say, I'm kind of in love with this product. No more raccoon eyes for me! In a word, PERFECTION!
0Comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2011
I have hooded eyelids, so it's always a gamble when I buy a new eyeliner. Plus, I almost always do a cat eye, so that adds to the difficulty for me. I have to say though, that this eyeliner has really done a great job. I haven't had any issues with it drying out yet, and it's been about a month. It goes on very smooth...sometimes I use the brush that comes with it, which is just ok, but usually I'll use an angled eyeliner brush. It dries quickly...I don't have to sit with my eyes closed for 5 minutes afterward (like with liquids), and for someone with hooded eyelids, this is great!

I only gave it 4 stars though, because the wings on my cat-eye generally wear off after about 2 hours. However, the eyeliner on my actual eyelids last me a good 8 hours before starting to wear off. Definitely not the "24 hours" they promise, but good nonetheless!
on September 9, 2015
So this eyeliner was highly recommended by video beauty blogger, Jaclyn Hill. She has access to very high end beauty products yet this is her "ride or die" gel liner. I can see why! First off the gel is very creamy and glides on super smooth. That being said, if you aren't experienced with gel liner, it could be a little messy. The brush included in the packaging is not too bad! I used it to apply the gel liner to my upper lash line in the photo. I swiped the liner on my hand and went about my business as usual today, and the line was still intact and barely smudged. It isn't necessarily my favorite ever, but for the price? It's awesome! I highly recommend this.
on March 29, 2016
This is a great everyday eyeliner. It give you a nice matte finish, unlike liquid eyeliner. I recommend buying an angled eyeliner brush to get a better wing, the brush that comes with this is kinda crappy, I use it to fill in my liner, but it does not work well for the wing. Overall, great buy!
on July 13, 2013
This eyeliner is good stuff. The gel does make it easier to apply with the given brush. You can apply very thin lines if you want to go for an everyday look. However I find that it does smudge off slightly, especially after about an hour, if you don't wear mascara. If you do wear mascara, it holds better but not that great. I still need to clean up dark smudging under the eyes after 2 - 3 hours. I would say that it is water-resistant not waterproof, as it does smudge after a while (an hour) and leave a dark residue.