Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 1, 2015
I find that this product helps with the dark circles under my eyes, I use it daily with or without any other makeup.I apply it with the applicator then tap it with my ring finger to blend. It really brightens up the area
review image
55 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2011
I'm over 60 but have held my age well because of good cosmetics. That being said, have always had a hard time finding the right concealer for my "bags" and dark circles under my eyes, and redness on lids. Then I was in a drugstore looking at concealers (soooooo tired of those department store prices!!) and was approached by their sales clerk. Told her what I wanted and she took me directly to this product. Sad to say, they were out of the eraser/brightener, but I ordered some online. It came in today and I'm like a kid at Christmas. Not only does it magically obliterate those dark circles but the color in it make your eyes really POP and all the tiredness magically disappears. Wish Amazon could put it on scheduled reorders!!!

Try it, you'll be amazed. Thanks Mabelline, I'm a true fan of yours now!!!
33 comments|178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
I'm a 30+ Hispanic woman and I have moderately dark under-eyes. I use the "Fair" color of this and it's by far the best I've found for ease of use and coverage. My only complaint would be that at the end of the work day, I can tell it's lost a bit of oomph but I do tend to touch my face a lot. I do my best to not touch near there though, or itch, or wipe, or anything. The photo attached is of what the makeup looks like after 7 hours of wear and with a light dusting of L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation over the concealer as my foundation. Overall, until I find something I like even better, this is my go-to for under eye circles. Highly recommend.
review image
11 comment|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2011
I really really like this product. I was excited to try Maybelline's line of Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Erasers because I've been trying for almost 20 years to find a dark-circle concealer product that is kind to my eyes. I have had dark under-eye circles since puberty and have tried every kind of concealer there is. I am sure others like me would agree that most concealers on the market are not eye-area-friendly, but I did not begin to have noticeable problems with them (beyond struggling to find a color-match) until I hit 30.

Then I noticed that most concealers cake-up and crack (especially the CoverGirl/Olay Simply Ageless concealer) and make me look at least a decade older. They also have been drying out my under-eye area, leaving visible wrinkles behind that are not there in the morning after a night of eye cream, but appear by day's end under the make-up. I have been frustrated for years and was on the verge of giving up and resigning myself to using thick, cake-y, eye-unfriendly make-up to hide my dark circles.

Then I saw a Maybelline commercial for this product line. I raced to the store to buy it and I must say that I am happy with the results. The little sponge applicator is very gentle and if I use a dabbing motion, it doesn't tug at my delicate eye area. The make-up itself is rich and doesn't dry out or cake up like other items I've tried. I personally don't use powder to set it, I just leave it wet all day long, which keeps my eye area moisturized. One of the best aspects of this product is that I can touch it up quite easily any time of the day without having to go through the tedious process of removing all of my make-up and redoing it all over again.

This specific product is Maybelline's Dark Circle Brightener, which I love for those days when my dark circles aren't so dark. This is perfect for those who maybe have shadows under their eyes from lack of sleep or sinus problems and just want to hide those while looking less tired. I also use the Neutralizer, which has a touch of the yellow concealer that experts recommend for hiding moderate dark circles. When I need a little extra coverage, I apply the Neutralizer first and then contour my under-eye area with the Brightener, which instantly makes me look well-rested and refreshed.

For those with heavy dark circles, this product line has specific Dark Circle Eraser Concealers in a variety of shades for different skin tones. That especially grabbed my interest, since I have tried Garnier's Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller and was disappointed that it only came in one shade. Garnier's product ended up being too dark for my very fair skin, and would be too light for dark skin tones. Maybelline took care of this by offering various shades and these products can be layered on top of each other to achieve as much coverage as you might need.

Some products like this claim to eliminate the appearance of dark circles over time. I don't really believe that. However, as far as eye-area-friendly dark circle concealers and brighteners go, Maybelline's product is probably the best I've come across.
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2013
Not sure what others find confusing about getting this product to come out of sponge. I have a few Maybelline products with this same packaging (foundation, dark spot concealer) and the dispensing method to use the product is my so simple, so easy. All you do is twist the top. If you have to twist it a bunch of times - just do it.

This brightener is wonderful! I don't use it as a "concealer" because I think you really need more of a true concealer product, so this product is for BRIGHTENING and it does a wonderful, eye-awakening job! It doesn't settle into fine lines (especially if you use squalane - I buy the Timeless brand of Squalane on Amazon and it's not pricey at all, lasts a good 8 months. I've got "mature" skin and this prevents products from settling in fine lines.)

I've compared this Maybelline eye brightener with the Pixi brand (at Target or Amazon) - it's the Pixi Correction Brightening Peach. Love them both! The Maybelline is much creamier and a tiny bit lighter, but both products do a fantastic job of brightening the eye area.

This packaging for Maybelline is not difficult. Don't put too much thought or effort into getting the product to come up out of sponge. Just turn the top part. Keep turning. Once it starts coming out, you're good to go from that point on. It's SO SIMPLE.
on January 1, 2012
So I have tried several under eye concealers. One of my favorites at first was the very expensive Mally's concealer. loved how bright it made my eyes, but it was so creamy that it settled into my fine wrinkles very quickly and I would have to dab it to smooth it out all day long which of course would eventually rub it completely out. I have tried every thing from Makeup Forever to covergirl. I was very skeptical buying this maybeline concealer that has anti-aging properties and well as helps with the dark circles. However I have been so pleased it settles nicely on your skin and doesn't gather in the fine lines at all, in fact it feels a little tight (not uncomfortably) like it is tightening the bags and making the lines invisible. Even smiling I don't notice nearly as many fine lines as I did with all the other products I have used. You will really like this! Just dab it around your eyes and gently blend with your fingers. The price makes it even better!
on June 22, 2013
I am a stay at home mom who doesn't normally wear a full face of makeup everyday, but I apply this daily!! I have dark hair, brown eyes, freckles and fair skin and in my mid 30's. I have small kids, so I don't always get the rest I need but when I wear this you would NEVER know I only had 4 hrs sleep. I apply this on my eyelids, under my eyes (in a triangle shape from the inside corner of my eye and to the outer corner and then down to my nose) and will also put a line down the ridge of my nose and dab it with my fingers to rub it in. I feel it works best if you moisturize your face, apply the brightener, then set it with your powder makeup. I have already told my friends and family members about it and they are also all in love with it!
on July 17, 2015
I hate this stuff. I tried it once and quickly realized I just threw my money into the toilet with this purchase. I'm 37 years old with a few wrinkles around my eye area and this concealer brings out every single one of them. It's caky and too heavy to use around the eyes.
on December 6, 2012
The product is OK - it has a sponge applicator. However, getting all of the clear plastic packaging off of the applicator is just way too hard. I have never had this kind of problem with any item that I have purchased. Skip this, not worth it.
on May 18, 2016
Important: IF YOU HAVE A COOL PALE/FAIR SKINTONE, THIS WILL NOT COVER AS WELL AS A YELLOW CONCEALER. You will likely have fairly distinct blue or purple under the eye. I have pale cool skin, ashy brown hair and eyes, but this goes for anyone who has that pale pink/blue/gray skintones. I like Maybelline products for most everything. For a long time I'd used the Covergirl beige coverstick (has distinct yellow undertones). I thought the Light 160 would be a match but it has pink undertones. It is not.

The Brightener 160 (distinctly pink tone) did cover slightly, but not as well for my circles as the covergirl in yellow. I ended up with circles still showing through. Just wanted to post this as a warning to people with my particular skintone. I didn't realize this had a severe pink undertone until I ordered it. So I basically have to throw away the product, probably will donate to charity. Maybelline, you should make these easier to discern on the bottle. No distinction is made on the undertone. I won't waste money again until I see that something has yellow undertones. The product is excellent, but packaging is unclear. So it loses a star for that. I won't buy it again until I can make sure I have a match.

Pros: Easy to use. Well packaged. Looks like it's built to last, compact and easy to store.
Cons: Color matching was difficult, no easy descriptions on this page made it difficult to get the right shade. Not sure if the other light shade would work.