5.0 out of 5 stars Superior to "What to Expect..."
Back when babies were just daydreams, I recieved "What to Expect When You're Expecting" (3rd ed.) from a pregnant friend who had an extra copy. Not knowing any better, I was quite pleased. Once I became pregnant and actually needed a guide, however, that changed. I found the book to be poorly organized, overly conversational and condescending in tone (especially given...
Published on August 14, 2005 by Julia

3.0 out of 5 stars Just go to their website.
I bought this book because in the early weeks of my pregnancy, I had lots of questions. Mayo Clinic has been a reliable source for medical information for me over the years and it didn't stop when I became pregnant. I used their website ([...]) to look up all kinds of information in their Pregnancy Center. It was without hesitation, especially with such a high review on...
Published on November 16, 2008 by Lindsey

‹ Previous | 135 36 3770 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, May 16, 2013
This review is from: Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too! (Paperback)
I bought this book because I wanted to read a more scientific book during my pregnancy. I wanted to know ecxatly what was going on with my body and I did find that in this book. It was a good book. The only reason why this book doesnt get a 5 star is because I found it to be a little too wordy, but other than that its great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information, nothing scary!, May 9, 2013
Very clear, consise information with photos and charts, and none of the horror stories or worst case scenarios; uplifting and positive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fav prego book so far, May 1, 2013
It's nice to have so many facts from a trusted source. I have several books and so far, this one is my favorite.

4.0 out of 5 stars informative, May 1, 2013
This book had lots of information but not overwhelming. It was much better than "What to Expect When you are Expecting."

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Informative Book., April 30, 2013
This book is very informative and very helpful. I like it MUCH better than "What to Expect When You're Expecting." Any woman who is pregnant or trying to get pregnant, you really can't go wrong with Mayo Clinic, it is one of the most respected names in medicine. One of the best books for women to read regarding pregnancy.

4.0 out of 5 stars MAYO CLINIC GUIDE TO A HEALTHY PREGNANACY, April 30, 2013
Liked it .It gave me an insight into pre-pregnacy expection and post preganacy care. It has illustrations that help you see what is being decsribed which is a major plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every pregnant couple must read it, April 29, 2013
a must read in pregnancy. simple language and immense wealth of knowledge. I Will recommend to all.It answer all your basic questions

5.0 out of 5 stars Good information, April 23, 2013
This book has offered more pertinent information than the other pregnancy books I have read (including What to Expect). This book goes into explanations of why certain symptoms happen at certain times. It is the only book that I have read that mentions experiencing a metallic taste in my mouth as a symptom. It includes pictures of your baby at each week as well as actual size scales. It has a long list of common concerns during pregnancy and categorizes them into "call immediately, call tomorrow, or wait until next visit". As a first time mom, I really appreciated this section!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Good Info, April 22, 2013
I purchased this and What to Expect When You're Expecting. Both have been great sources of info and I would recommend both of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful guide for pregnancy!, April 21, 2013
This is written by REAL doctors, which immediately makes it superior to "What to Expect".

The layout is great, with quick references for safe medications, when to call your doctor and when your symptoms are "normal", and great chapters on week by week fetal development.

I would highly recommend this as a go to book for any pregnant families.

‹ Previous | 135 36 3770 | Next ›

Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too!
$19.95 $11.27
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies