Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

14%
86%

on April 4, 2008
Do not buy a Maytag frontload washer. Our $1000, top of the line Maytag washer froze up because a quarter slipped thru the filter system into the motor. The result was a $300 repair bill. To us, there is something wrong with a filtering system that would allow something as large as a quarter to slip thru. I guess a button could come off a piece of clothing next week, get into the motor and we would have the problem again. However, Maytag would not stand behind their product and cover this expense. The customer service managers were not very nice folks and could care less about this potential ongoing problem. A long time consumer of maytag products, I have purchased my last. Things have surely changed....in customer servcie as well as quality...with Maytag products.
on December 1, 2008
This never worked. Out of the box the valve was broken, which causes the auto detergent loaders to not drain correctly and prevents the basin from filling completely. I get an error every time I the thing hits the rinse cycle and I have to pour water in through the detergent loader with a teapot.

Maytag won't replace it, they'll only send a repair technician which took THREE WEEKS. I still have no working washer and I ordered it almost a month ago.

What ever happened to the Maytag repair guy who never had anything to do because their products were so well made? A total farse, I tell ya. Stay far far FAR away from Maytag, and this product in particular.
on February 17, 2008
Bought mine from Home Depot.
The washing machine "walks" and the whole floor vibrates like crazy.
I am now trying to fight for my money back. (Past 90 days).
on January 10, 2011
purchased fall of 2008

So, the repair guy came - the problem was once again that pennies and such were not removed from laundry before washing. This never happened with the old non HE models, and hasn't happened in another brand of HE machine that we own.

I complained that that was silly - every time anyone misses a penny or two we can expect it to break shortly thereafter.

He said yes, that is the way it works with Maytag. And if we complain to them that it happened because of pennies - they will claim it is customer abuse of the machine and they won't pay for any repairs.

It seems he also thought the machine was poorly designed.
on February 12, 2009
I notice that the model number has changed since we bought our Maytag H6AF2AOA(4C) in Fall 2007. I could not ask for a better machine. It is quiet, does not vibrate at all and gets clothes clean. It can handle a quilt with ease and yet wash delicate sweaters better (and more willingly) than I can by hand. It uses less water than our previous top loader and I have used the "add on" feature with success. No problems over the 18 mos. we have washed with it; a gem.

I believe Maytag ceased to exist when Whirlpool began gobbling up competitors. Perhaps that is the reason for the model number change and disappointed customers. We bought a stove from the Whirlpool stable (Kitchenaid) based on our satisfaction with the washer. I've reviewed it.
on November 3, 2008
I purchased this washer/dryer set from an appliance store that wouldn't service what they sell. I have had problems with squeaking hinges and terrible vibration and now the prewash doesn't work. I have only had this machine for 4 months and wish I would have bought a top load regular washer and dryer. I wouldn't waste my money on another front load washer/dryer. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!
on September 24, 2013
Just purchased a new Maytag high efficiency washer...did not know high efficiency meant we will not use water. Clothes came out not nearly as clean as with old washer. One load and we were ready to take it back, but of course the manufacturer and distributor wanted nothing to do with us after the purchase. Nice...so much for making the customer happy. Would have purchased a less efficient one had I known it would not work to any real standards of cleanliness...do not buy anything high efficiency from Maytag