Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Maytag MLI7500A Cordless Iron, Titanium
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 27, 2005
My Rowenta iron died after only three years and I always had problems with the steam burst and the cool mist working,(the buttons were ALWAYS stuck!) so I decided I needed to try a different brand. All the irons I researched had some terrible reviews. I sew and quilt, so a really good, hot iron is important to me. I also have a toddler, so safe ironing is a challenge. I love this iron!!! It sits on a very stable base, so there is NO chance of bumping the ironing board and having it topple over and fall to the floor. In fact, the base is so wonderful; it doesn't get hot so I can set my iron over on the kitchen counter with no possible way that my toddler can reach it. There is no cord to deal with, so when I pick up the iron to press something, there's no dangling cord for him to grab. (He has done that in the past!) The biggest bonus is that when I am finished, the cord retracts into the base (also a plus, because the cord length is adjustable) and then the heat resistant dome lid snaps on. No chance of anyone getting burned after I'm finished with it. I can snap on the lid and put it away. I love it!! It heats plenty hot and the steam is adequate. Plus, it's very convenient to take off the water tank and take it over to the faucet. NO more wet puddles on my ironing board!. It's also true that nothing sticks to the titanium soleplate. I have already accidentally ironed some fusible web and it didn't stick. The only drawback I can see is the pushbutton electronic control. Don't get me wrong, I like it just fine. It works great at all temperatures. But, there are only three settings -- synthetics, silk/wool, and cotton. With the pushbuttons there are no in-between settings as there are with a dial control. So for some people there might be an issue with a loss of temperature control. You can't turn this one down "just a bit"; it's either high, medium or low. It also has an "off" setting, unlike my Rowenta. But so far, the temperature setting has been just fine for me and the lack of adjustability has not been an issue. The other Maytag model has the dial control, so it could be a consideration. I definitely recommend this iron and would buy it again without hesitation!
on July 13, 2012
My husband wanted to get this iron for my birthday. I told him I wanted something a little more romantic. He ordered it anyway. I am soooo happy with this iron and very glad he went ahead and purchased it despite my objection. Everytime I use it I thank him for thinking of me.
on May 27, 2016
I have had this iron for 11 years and I use it only for general sewing and quilting projects. It is so convenient not having to work around a cord getting in the way, and once I am done with it, I replace it back onto the base and walk away. I shuts itself off. I would not recommend this iron if you are ironing several garments, as it will need to be put back onto the base to reheat. I use another iron for that purpose. For what I do, it's terrific.
on May 24, 2013
I have owned this iron for close to ten years now. It has never let me done and the only time it has leaked water was when I overfilled the tank (it has a MAX fill line for a reason).
on April 22, 2016
Worlds best iron!! Had it since it came out, maybe 13 years? Easy to clean and still going strong!
on March 20, 2006
I have had this iron for 1.5 years. The steam is terrible. It drips water all over the fabric and stains the ironing board. If you don't use steam, ever, then it is a nice iron, with all the features other reviewers have mentioned. But, I'm going to buy a different one. It's just too frustrating when I need to use steam.
on December 30, 2011
Nit only did it never get very hot but now all of the titanium is coming off and guess what it's coming off on , my clothes . And try to find a maytag dealer . Not . I cant even get a refund as there are no Maytag actual companies and if there are PLEASE let me know . This was a gift and I dont know where to take it back to .
on September 26, 2010
We paid a lot of money for this iron just a couple years ago. The water tank rotted a hole through it so you can't put water in it anymore. I never stored the iron with water still in it. You can get any other replacement parts for this iron but NOT the water tank. I wouldn't waste my money on it! I do not recommend buying this item.
on November 15, 2010
This is the worse iron I have ever owned. It will not stay hot without constantly putting it back on its base and waiting for it to reheat. It takes twice as long to iron a shirt or anything else because of this. Especially do not buy if you sew or ever iron anything large, like tablecloths.
on February 7, 2005
Dont buy this iron, it broke in less than 2 years and costs almost 160.00.