5.0 out of 5 stars THE best Washer!
"Have I told you that I LOVE my washer?" This is a common phrase that I share with my husband after having my new Maytag for about a month now! This washer is so quiet! Yeah sure you can hear it when it is draining and spinning some but mostly it is ALOT quieter than my old washer! Plus the fact that it holds twice as much as my old washer and gets my clothes cleaner...
Published on February 8, 2010 by NotMe

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Clean Clothes Well - Look Elsewhere!
After much research, we decided to purchase this set despite several negative reviews. The reviews all seemed to be 1 star or 5 star...and being excited about a top loader without agitator and the Maytag brand name, we figured we'd easily fall into the 5 star category. Besides, the 1 star reviewers probably didn't read the manual cover to cover or were complainers by...
Published on July 29, 2011 by Erin Ellis

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Quality, February 19, 2011
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
The first one only lasted 32 days and it wouldn't even turn on. Had the entire unit replaced and in 12 days it is now giving a lid open error. This is completely unacceptable! I am now in the process of changing to a completely new manufacture. I guess I was duped by the Maytag brand being of quality. I purchased this washer from Sears. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS JUNK!

1.0 out of 5 stars Exploded Washing Machine - DON'T BUY A MAYTAG OR WHIRLPOOL EVER, October 4, 2011
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
I have a youtube video showing the washer. Search exploded Maytag washer.

This is my Maytag Bravo Series Quiet 300, Whirlpool washing machine. This thing was under two years old and it destroyed itself during its spin cycle. A service man came and said a rod holding the drum in place must have slipped and that when it continued to spin it disintegrated. The service guy never saw anything like this and even took a picture with his cellphone to show his boss. The repair man said that it would cost over $1000 including labor to fix and that is without even replacing the side paneling. This model only has an msrp of $850 to begin with. What a piece of junk! I called the Maytag/Whirlpool company and they didn't even care. It shook so violently that it busted a hole in the back, dented my dryer, dented my wall, and spewed water all over. It would've tipped over and crushed my feet or our toddler if the walls weren't there to stop it. The service dept. didn't even care. They said it wasn't a safety issue b/c no one got hurt. SERIOUSLY! Pretty unbelievable and arrogant! The service dept continued to tell me that since the washer wasn't on a concrete subfloor (aka the foundation) that unexpected shaking could result and cause damage. WHAT! The repair man said that this was ridiculous and that the company should do something for us since it was essentially new. But alas, we didn't buy an extended warranty so they wouldn't do jack. After many calls they said they would give us the same model for a price of $550 plus tax. We told them never mind b/c we bought this model on sale with a coupon for $550 new. So essentially they told us we could buy it at the full price we got it for to begin with. So that is my rant. Please make sure you don't buy a MAYTAG or WHIRLPOOL. They are made by the same company. They have rude customer service and do not stand behind their product. PLEASE DON'T SUPPORT THEM!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great washer - just needs a soak cycle to be perfect!, September 28, 2010
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
We purchased this washer in spring 2010... and have been very, very satisfied. I waited until now to write a review to make sure I WAS satisfied. (After we figured out that the cold cyle REALLY did work, it was merely the installer who reversed the cold and hot water hoses). The high speed spin does cause more wrinkles than the old style washers, but if the sheets are combined with other items and done on the SHEETS cycle, they don't tangle any more than normal. I shopped very carefully for this machine (don't like front loaders).

My BIGGEST disappointment is the fact that I can no longer SOAK clothes in the washer. Since we "oldsters" are always spilling things (like coffee) down the front of our shirts...being able to soak out stains is a critical part of my laundry. Now I have to pre-soak (in my beloved oxy-clean) in a basin...rather a pain, but do-able. The tub size is wonderful on this machine and we love the stainless steel. The machine is Q U I E T!...which I appreciate, since the laundry room is very near the kitchen .

1.0 out of 5 stars Very expensive for very poor quality, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
As noted by others, the bearings failed, load noise and shaking during the end of the spin cycle, grease spit out from the bearing on the floor around the washer. Estimated cost to fix over $500.

1.0 out of 5 stars Maytag is GARBAGE and they could care less, August 20, 2012
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
We purchased a Maytag Bravos 300 Quiet Series because it was made to be a 2nd floor washer. After about 2 years the "quiet" in the machine went and it started sounding like a jet plane taking off. I was told by repairman that it was the bearing and would cost $500-$600 to repair. I only paid $700 for it. We also own a Maytag fridge. The control panel went when it was just over a year and then again 9 mos later. Now the ice maker doesn't work (6 years old now). The other morning I was in the kitchen at 5:30 am, when my husband went down to go to work, the glass in the lower oven was shattered all over the floor. Kids where in bed, can't blame them. Cost me $363 to fix glass in range and ice maker in fridge. Then dryer quit for the 2nd time this year. $200 to fix 1st time, $200 to fix again 3 months later. Now the piece of crap washer is broke. There is no way I'm putting any more $$ in this piece of garbage. The washer is 2 yrs old, fridge & range are 6 yrs old, and dryer is 4 years old. I will be replacing the washer with a Samsung.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this machine, October 6, 2011
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
We have owned the Bravo series washer and dryer for a month so far and just love it. It is important to follow the instructions about zippers and not leaving coins, etc. in pockets. The machine does spin the clothes very dry to save on drying time and if you don't prepare the clothes properly it could potentially damage them. It is also important to only use the High Efficiency (HE) detergents as other detergents will not clean the clothing properly.

If you follow the instructions you will most likely be very pleased. Our clothing comes out clean and wrinkle free. There are lots of different options for cleaning clothes as well, so no matter if you are doing your normal wash or bulky items or dirty car towels, you can use a cycle that will do a good job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing., April 25, 2011
Amber Parks (Henrietta, Tx, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
I went from a washing machine that shook the entire house to this heavenly whispering machine.. and I can say it's extraordinary! I never knew washers were quite. The only reason why I know my load is done is because it has this little ding-a-ling ringer that goes off (same with the matching dryer) I do not know how people are dissatisfied with it. IT'S AMAZING! I had some old dingy white shirts and I threw them in there, and the came out white again. I was so impressed! I can put 3x as many clothes as I used to be able to in my prehistorical washer.

I will admit that with my really thin long sleeve shirts the sleeves get tangled up, but I'm used to that now. At least I have never seen a washing machine that has ever prevented that from happening.. I did accidentally bleach one of my shirts by accident, but that is totally my fault for washing it with light colors. I have always been accustomed to adding bleach and waiting for the water to agitate before throwing my clothes in, with this machine it has a slot to add your bleach, detergent (which has to be High Efficient, but its so worth the extra few dollars), and fabric softer.

I would totally recommend this to anybody.. I am even trying to convince my boyfriend to get one :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Maytag Bravo quiet 300, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
Please help yourself by not purchasing this washer. It's pure and simple a lemon. Maytag has hundreds of complaints about this machine lasting somewhere around 2 years. The machine is loud, and prone to coming apart or having the main bearing fail, which is a $200 dollar fix. I do quite a bit of research before I buy things, and was happy with the size, brand, and features. Hindsight being 20/20, wow, did I make a terrible purchase. Maytag complaints fall on deaf ears and is unwilling to support it's lemon by replacing it with a coupon or parts. If zero stars were an option I would have given this machine a zero rating. Between the failure rate and poor customer service, about the only option is a class action lawsuit. I would imagine that if enough people took them to small claims court, well, then it would be slam dunk. I myself have time on my hands and will do just that. It appears proving faulty product/parts will be a breeze. See you in court Maytag.

not yours ever again,

Rob Jennings

1.0 out of 5 stars Let the buyer beware!, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
Having used older Maytag washers, top loads, I purchased this washer with great expectations. Unfortunately the washer does not clean well, leaves everything so bunched up and wrinkled that even after shaking out jeans, shirts, whatever, they still come out wrinkled in the matching Maytag dryer! The Maytag quality has deteriated over the years!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Washer !, April 13, 2010
This review is from: Maytag MVWB300WQ 28 4.7 cu. Ft. Top-Loader Washer - White
Terrible washer ! Purchased this machine 3 weeks ago. It does NOT clean anywhere near as good as my previous washer. When moving clothing to the dryer, I always find blobs of lint in the bottom of the washer, which didn't happen with my previous machine. Heavy items such as towels, blankets and pillows do not come out clean. Medium weight items come out clean, but twisted and/or shredded up (yes we read the instruction manual). We called a trusted repair guy who says these machines are known for destroying clothes and not cleaning well. He told us to return it and buy something else. I bought something else. I've been doing laundry for a big family for 25 years and never have seen such a bad washing machine. You will regret buying this machine !