5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and challenging
Published on December 20, 2010 by Bruce Horn

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but not challenging enough
This is a fun game to play when taking a break from my Kindle. However, I am a very good maze player, so this wasn't challenging enough for me. On average, I can solve the hardest level of maze each in 2mins or less.
Published on February 18, 2011 by J. Chen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and challenging, December 20, 2010
Bruce Horn (Mammoth Lakes, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
Maze A Thon is a very nice and well-done Kindle game, especially for kids. The mazes are drawn on what looks a ragged-edged piece of paper (as if you tore it out of the magazine), a nice touch. The more advanced types include mazes drawn on the faces of a cube, and ones that allow you to wrap around from edge to edge on a normal flat maze. The difficulty level can be adjusted from game to game to be either harder, the same, or random, which adds some variety, and the most difficult levels are very challenging. Try a cube maze with the highest setting if you want to work really hard! You can optionally leave a "bread crumb" track if you'd like to see where you've been in the maze.

From a software point of view, it is a very clean and well-written game that makes good use of the e-ink display on the Kindle. The text and menus are easy to read and don't unnecessarily blink the display, which takes some effort to optimize.

Definitely recommended for those hours at the airport while you are waiting for your plane and can't bring yourself to start the 40th book that you've ordered on the Kindle but haven't read yet :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Kindle Game, December 22, 2010
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
I had been looking for a Kindle game that did not feature letters or words. Don't get me wrong: I love word games and crossword puzzles. But I wanted something different that capitalized on the Kindle form factor yet understood its limitations (I did not want or expect an iPad app).

Maze A Thon is a clever, configurable game that fits the bill. It is appropriate for both children and adults.

Think the mazes are too easy? Switch to the three-dimensional cube, turn off the breadcrumbs and increase the number of maze squares. Take that!

My only gripe is that the mouse is too cute. We all know in real life mice have beady eyes, little claws and creepy long tails. (Yes, this is a joke.)

5.0 out of 5 stars A-MAZE-D!!, December 23, 2010
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
My Kindle (which I adore) just got a whole lot more fun when I downloaded Mazeathon - a simple and intuitive game that challenges your visual-spacial brain. You are a mouse trapped in a maze, trying to find the cheese. Once you succeed a new maze launches, this time a touch more challenging.

So far the mazes only take a few minutes or less to complete, which makes them super handy for a quick procrastination break/brain refresher. (except that it can be hard to stop after only 1 game, if you know what I mean). I have a gen2 kindle, and the game works fine on it (very occasionally the slow refresh rate of the screen requires me to pause for a millisecond, but it's not a big deal).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kindle game yet! More than worth every cent!, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
Smooth, fast, fun, easy, challenging, and aparently never ending. Went though over 40 mazes in my first sitting. the king of game you can play all day because you feel like you are actually excercising your brain and accomplishing somthing.

Worth every cent, many times over!

The cube mazes were terrific, took some thinking to solve cleanly.

A great game

4.0 out of 5 stars Great time killer, February 13, 2011
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
Nice little package of mazes and a good way to kill time for a quick retreat. Some of the basic ones are just that ... you can see the path to the end just by looking at the maze. But they do get more difficult, and I enjoy the wrap around and cube puzzles. Well worth the price and an easy and well put together game.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very creative game, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
This is a really fun game. You use the arrow keys to move the mouse around while trying to get to the piece of cheese. There are different types of game to play. It starts out like a regular maze and then goes to other types. I will not tell you what types their are because that would ruin some of the fun. You can not say which type you want to do but if you keep on playing it will change back. I thought at first that this game would not be all that fun but I was wrong. It is a cool game to play. I recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars a-maze-ing!, February 19, 2011
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
While the object of this game is simply get the mouse to his cheese, it gets much harder. If you are not particularly good at puzzles, I would not advise this game. Otherwise, this game is really good! It is so saticefiying when you finally reach the end of a maze!

4.0 out of 5 stars ... go to the corners!, January 15, 2011
buyo (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
Pros:
1) only $0.99
2) doesn't take long to do most of the puzzles. great for breaks.
3) you can go up or down in levels of difficulty. so it'd be great for kids and adults.
4) cube mazes... awesome

Cons:
1) those passages off the side... not usually a bad thing... except a lot of puzzles (flat particularly) can be easily solved by taking passages off the corners!
2) increased difficulty means smaller graphics. at its worst, the mouse and cheese are nothing more than dots in the maze. given the size of the screen, there's probably not much the developer can do about this. just a limitation of the hardware.

In the end, I'm finding only the cube mazes to be challenging. However, that alone is worth the $0.99 price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little game -specially for long flights!, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
I LOVE this game: it had me laughing and giggling at myself, because I thought I couldn't figure it out.
I enjoyed it -and will continue to enjoy it thoroughly,
and recommend it highly for those who...small things amuse small minds? Well, that's me!!
Well worth the money.
When the cube-based game came on, that's when I really got quite tickled:
made me feel like a kid again.
Love love LOVE!! LOL! How do I rate it a six stars?

5.0 out of 5 stars Yippee! They've updated for the Kindle Touch!!, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Maze A Thon (Kindle Edition)
Have loved mazes since childhood when first discovered them in playbooks for kids. Have been waiting for them to update this for the K-Touch and here it is!! Just in case anyone else has a brain like mine - did have to email AGamz on how to move one square (or just a few squares) at a time rather than just going from one side to the other or top to bottom. I kept trying to tap right next to the object I wanted to move - you have to tap once (or several-depending on how far you want to move) time(s) to the left, top, bottom, or right to get your object to move square by square. And, of course, if you want to go to the end of a hallway, you just swipe in that direction. Works like a dream and have already worked a couple of mazes. As an added plus - the AGamz folk replied within 30 minutes and in my book, that qualifies for a top recommendation on its own!! They also didn't make me feel like an idiot when they patiently explained how to work it. You don't get that kind of service for a $200 item most of the time, never mind one for 1.99!! I am super pleased - have been with all their games I've downloaded - but am specially tickled over MazeAThon. Am off to feed my inner child (still hanging in this 60+ old broad) and keep my old brain working with mazes!!

Maze A Thon