Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mazurka (LeGarde Mysteries Book 3)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 6, 2012
The thrills start from the first page. Love Lazar's ability to show and not just tell. This author's gift places the reader right in the midst of the plot and not just a eavesdropper. I have read previous books from this series but other than insight into the characters, it is not absolutely necessary. I will say that when you read just one, you will want to return to read all the others in his LeGarde series as well as Sam Moore mysteries and the Tall Pines Mysteries.

The descriptions of the sites, sounds, smells and flavors of their trip is magnificent as well as history and the secrets it keeps.

I did miss the hometown feel of this book but just like when you take a vacation, you miss those that did not come with you and you look forward to coming home.

This is an author that those who have not read his writings are truly missing out on wonderful stories. This book is just as good and many times better than ones that I have paid 4 times as much.

Thank you again Mr. Lazar. I hope you are blessed in turn from the blessings you have shared with us readers of your magical writings.
on February 16, 2014
Gus and Camille are on their honeymoon, taking Sigfried with them, and get involved in more than they bargained for. You will need to stretch your imagination a bit to believe what they learn about a favorite composer's past, but it provides an intriguing sub-plot to the all-too-believable encounter with some young neo-Nazis. I always find it interesting when an author takes a character out of his or her home setting. How will that person act? How much is the hero's personality tied into the normal surroundings? Perhaps the biggest surprise in this book is delivered by Sigfried!
on August 31, 2013
Filled with drama and suspense this book is a little different from the other Gus LeGarde writings in that the majority takes place in Europe. I feel as though I've had a mini vacation to a place I'll probably never get to visit. I've seen a glimpse of paintings by Monet, Degas and heard interludes of Chopin and other Masters. I visited museums and the Eiffel Tower and saw the road on which Princess Diana died. And woven throughout are scenes that are literally nail-biting, heartbreaking and heartwarming!! Take a trip and get away with this one!!
on March 18, 2014
Mazurka by Aaron Paul Lazar is an amazing addition to the Gus LeGarde mysteries. I am so infatuated with these characters and the story lines developed by Lazar, that I am able to place myself comfortably within the situations. This particular addition to the series deals with the difficult subject of prejudice and unmitigated hatred, while still surrounding the characters in unconditional love. Lazar addresses this subject with the expertise of all of his books. The scenes are descriptive and beautiful. Chapter 40 nearly destroyed me, emotionally ripping a hole in my heart. But Lazar continued and painstakenly rebuilt it for me. This book transported me, and I am forever changed.
on June 1, 2011
I first read Lazar's Cry of the Loon for free, so I thought I'd buy one to read. It's an interesting story, but most of all I enjoy Lazar's word pictures; he'a great descriptive writer. Though, sometimes the reader (and I fear Lazar, as well) get lost in the descriptive prose. The plot of this book was interesting, and had a couple of decent plot twists, and a satisfactory (if not somewhat drawn out) ending. I'll likely read another.
on May 29, 2014
Readers should fasten their seatbelts, because they’re in for a page turning, midnight oil burning thrill ride! This story is an action packed adventure that just keeps turning and twisting. It is the story of the most exciting honeymoon trip ever.

Gus LeGarde has married his lovely fiancée, Camille and they’re off on a dream trip to Europe. Gus’ brother-in-law Siegfried is to accompany the couple to Paris, then travel to Germany to visit his elderly great-aunt who has something important to give him. Although a third person on a honeymoon may be unusual, it is Siegfried who inadvertently initiates the action that kicks off a series of breathtaking chases and dangerous events.

Readers will encounter neo-Nazis, Interpol agents and other mysterious characters as they race from one narrow escape to another with Gus and Camille. This story is more of a thriller than a mystery, but it includes tours to beautifully described historic locations, heart-warming family connections and a substantial variety of surprises. LeGarde fans will especially enjoy this intriguing adventure. Those who are new to LeGarde will become fans, and it’s a sure bet that no reader of mystery-suspense will be disappointed in this book.
on May 21, 2015
Wow! Aaron Paul Lazar took Gus Legarde, Camille, and Siegfried on their most harrowing, suspenseful trip yet. Now that we fans of the series are familiar with the recurring cast of Gus's family and friends, Lazar spends less time setting the table and serves up course after course of a very action-packed meal.
Lazar's signature social/political subtext is especially strong in this book. And he never neglects his characters and their relationships. One of my favorite moments was the release of the prisoner in the last cell. :)
The Chopin subplot was a nifty thread woven into the story, too.
A-Plus.
on March 27, 2014
This book is darker than Aaron Lazar's others. It starts out pleasantly enough, with Siegfried sleeping all the way to Paris (and oh, how I envy anyone who can do that!) But once there, things quickly spiral out of control, and we are taken on a challenging journey into the depths of prejudice, fanaticism and the violence that is the almost inevitable end of these two together.
Aaron pulls it off, because he and Gus (!) are decent human beings and somehow decency and kindness triumph over all the ugliness. Any maybe that is really the only way to deal with the darkness that plagues us in our "real lives" anyway...
Along the way we are treated to various beautiful European cities and special places. When you read about them here, you know the author has actually been there!
I loved the idea of the unexpected relative they found... and I rejoiced with Gus and his family when everyone was finally safely home again!
on June 20, 2014
MAZURKA AARON PAUL LAZAR
Finally Gus and Camille have married and are on vacation in Paris with their friend Sigfreid when caught up in a Neo-Nazi demonstration. They make some enemies after a tragic event occurs and are on the run from some very determined and violent people. While hiding in Germany the trio discovers a family secret involving an ancestor.
This book takes the reader through a mini tour of Europe and the plot is spell binding as they run for their lives. This is a page turner and once again I had a hard time putting it down. Mr. Lazar has done a top-notch job of making the reader really hate the villains and root for our heroes as they get themselves out of continual danger.
One more example of a 5 star piece of writing.
on April 15, 2016
I fell in love with the Gus LeGarde mysteries when I read the first one. Now i'm reading the entire series. Adventure, suspense and romance intricately intertwined.