Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 3, 2012
I had a McAFee in my computer for several years which was automatically updated by McAfee and costed me over $50.00 per year. The thing troubled me the most was it slowed the computer big time. I was so busy to fix it until this year McAfee did automatic renew again, then I decided to cancel the automatic renew and buy a newer version might help. So I bought the 2012 version. I unstalled McAFee in my computer and installed the new one. But the next day, the old version was still there and told me that it would expire in a few days!!! So the new software didn't work. I wish I can return the software.

Next thing I did, I search the internet and found out the free Microsoft Security Essential.
So, I unstall the McAfee again.
Remove everything related to McAfee. Here were the steps:
1. Disconnect from internet
2. go to Control Panel --> Add/remove Programs, remove McAFee, restart the PC
3. Run MCPR.exe (download from McAFee) to remove a lot of McAfee files
4. Install Microsoft Security Essentials mseinstall.exe from Microsoft.
5. Reconnect to internet.
Remember download MCPR.exe from McAFee & mseinstall.exe from Microsoft before starting remove/install process.
on March 15, 2013
An older version of McAfee came with a PC that my parents bought. They tried to install this version and had problems. When they called McAfee for help, McAfee referred them to a paid, third-party support service. They purchased the service but McAfee still wouldn't work right. The service has also deleted/hidden most of Window's built-in administrative/maintenance features. My parents can't stand McAfee after this experience. I've replaced McAfee with Norton. No problems with Norton installation & performance.
on March 7, 2013
I had this program on another computer which need to be fix after a crash. The program did a fine job for the price which was cheaper than other antivirus program. I buy another McAfee antivirus program for this computer at Walmart during their Black Friday sale.
on February 5, 2012
I have always used McAfee on all my pcs' and always will.......though this last version would not intall on my Toshiba, so I went to their website and had to call them, and they installed it.........otehrwise, I always purchase the newest version eack year, ( you can nevere be too cautious) and each site shows that it is approved and safe, I like that feature!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2011
As always mcafee anti virus protects my computer very well. I have been using it for years and see no issues with it so far and of course amazon sells them for great price.
on February 18, 2012
I have been using McAfee for years. I've never had a virus or worm (at least that has affected my computer to the extent that I'd be aware). I would certainly recommend this program at the prices available at Amazon Marketplace.
on April 24, 2012
I like it because it protects my computer, but sometimes it is annoying asking permission to use a program over and over, like It's Deductible. Also it claims that we can't use Spybot because it is seen as malware, so I am afraid to have SpyBbot installed in my computer along with it.
on February 25, 2012
I Purchased Mcafee antivirus plus 2012 because I already had it on my computer. It does work, but you should be aware that it must be downloaded from their website. It is approximately 155,000 kb (151 GB) and would take 24 hours to download if you have dial-up. You must have broadband to download.
on March 28, 2012
I installed.. My internet will not work. So I tried uninstalling and installing another virus scan sofware, but mcafee overwrote my cdrom drive driver and I could not install another virus software.

Shame on Mcafee (Intel). Releasing this piece of junk. I got this for free from ATT. So shame on them continuing to provide this to customers when it does more harm than good.
on April 16, 2012
What a memory hog. I have to turn off live monitoring to have the computer responsive. I guess McAfee has decided that they will presume you have a top of the line computer and otherwise their program just won't work well