5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product.. alot cheaper then any other software out there!
I got online and did a trial of Mcafee for 30 days to see if I would like the software.. after about 2 weeks I went ahead and got on Amazon and purchased for $20 less than what I would have paid at Mcafee website or in stores. For $10 u cant beat it!
Published 15 months ago by Lucinda Custer

1.0 out of 5 stars constant error
Published 14 months ago by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars constant error, February 1, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
No I do not like this product. The previous version I had never gave me any problem, but I am getting the same message ALL THE TIME ('McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. I have chatted with MCAfee customer service about this problem and I even gave complete remote access to my computer to a tech form McAfee and the issue was not resolved. The error message mentioned above still pops up all the time.
Also, the representative from McAfee that I spoke to over the phone seemed to be a person from India and I could barely understand what he was saying. I hesitated about giving remote access to someone I though might not even live in the USA.
I would not recommend this product to a friend!
I have read threads on this issue on the internet and it seems like a lot of people are having this same problem and it has not been resolved. The reason I rate it a 1 is because it is the lowest choice on here.

1.0 out of 5 stars There are better programs out there, November 29, 2012
Amazon Customer (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
Save your money. This software is defective, in that it does not work as advertised or for its intended purpose.

Per package recommendation, installed from the McAfee website rather than the included CD/DVD. Two major issues appeared after the initial installation. First, the firewall would not turn on. Second, the program indicated it successfully checked for updates and successfully downloaded the updates, but completely failed at installing the updates.

Contacted tech support, which is not an easy feat. Involves some searching and lots of patience. The technician seemed reasonable competent, but like many software support people, initially tries to make it seem like it is the customer's computer or the customer's internet connection rather than their own buggy software. The tech eventually was given permission to take over my computer remotely. At some point he asked for permission to remove the McAfee software completely with a program he downloaded to my computer, restart the computer, reinstall the software purchased and then reboot the computer again. I asked whether he actually knew what he was doing or just fishing around. He said he found something defective in the McAfee registry, which I thought was honest (hence one star, rather than 0 for this review).

After about an hour from when I first noticed the problems, he had run the software removal program, completely uninstalled McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013, rebooted my computer several times and then. . . nothing. Lost all contact. Program was not reinstalled as promised and I sure as heck am not going to go through that again reinstalling it myself.

0 stars for the program
1 star for tech support because although difficult to find, very slow to actually begin the process, very time consuming to go through the process, in the end I lost a lot of time and the final result was not having the antivirus protection I had thought I had purchase.

EDIT: Apparently the problem with not being able to turn on the firewall is a known issue. Google "mcafee firewall does not turn on" a customer should not have to anticipate problems the software manufacture is already aware of-- known problems should either be fixed before the product is sold or the product pulled from the market by the vendor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Freezes up my dialup. McAfee did return money. Not for dialup., December 11, 2012
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
I cannot connect to the internet with my dialup with McAfee installed. Their tech support does not seem to be aware of this. I did get my $11 back after mailing them some form.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not antivirus, February 23, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
From the description I thought this was antivirus software but even tho I installed it my computer tells me I have no antivirus.
Apparently this is only to be used IN ADDITION TO other software.

1.0 out of 5 stars good product but the CD's are faulty, February 4, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
This is the second time i bought this product and it still have issues. How great i got a blank CD this time unlike the last which gave a lot of problems to load and open. When you do get it to work it works well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dysfunctional, February 4, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
I have numerous Microsoft certifications, A+ from Computer Associates, and I worked as a software technician for Compaq, so I should be able to install this Anti Virus software, but no, it can't be done. First error message after the first attempt was " Unable to install security features" Suggestions: Re-install, Install Virtual Technician, contact customer service.
I tried the Virtual Technician, (twice) but it wouldn't install. I contacted customer service (chat) and endured 26 minutes while the tech tried to find my account, which he did finally. After about 35 minutes with him, he wanted to take over my computer to fix the install problem. He took five minutes to analyze my 'puter, then had me log in and do the install again. He assured me that would resolve the "no security features" issue and signed off. McAfee wouldn't install again saying that either something on my computer was preventing the install or the McAfee server was off line. Enough time wasting for me, it's going back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - No refunds and no protection from Ransomware, February 1, 2013
a (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
I was running McAfee virus protection on my computer and still got ransomware which cost over $300 to remove and back up my computer. McAfee does not offer any compensation. They also do not give refunds after 60 days. I am now using Kaspersky. Best buy recommends this and I have a maintenance contract with them so they have a stake in keeping viruses off my computer.

Here is a link telling you how to remove this product if you have it. [...]

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, January 12, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
this product would not download I have no idea why, but it was a total waste of money , very disappointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Slowed my computer, January 8, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
It slowed my computer down to a crawl. I will try it again once I get a new computer though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rebate offer seems to be fictional, January 6, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 (Software)
DON'T BUY!!!!! Followed the links to the Mcafee website to register the rebate, but Mcafee website shows "0 promotions offered". In other words, the rebate offer/promotion SEEMS to be a hoax. Called Amazon.com customer service and had them follow the same links...they found the same information, but Amazon doesn't seem to be that concerned...as of yet!

ARRAY(0xa3483c90)

McAfee  Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013
McAfee Antivirus Plus 1PC 2013 by McAfee Inc (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
$39.99 $5.99