5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and service
It's great value did 3 pc's when needed help mcafee support was very helpful , all 3 PC' are running great and are fully protected . I recommend this great product and service .
Published 9 months ago by art jamil

1.0 out of 5 stars Issues installing with Windows 8.1
Published 7 months ago by PJ

1.0 out of 5 stars Issues installing with Windows 8.1, December 26, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
I had to setup two windows 8.1 laptops for family. I caught this on sale for 10 bucks, I never really liked McAfee in the past, even back in the early 90's the installs were always finicky, it used tons of memory and was always sluggish. But I figured I would give it a shot since I used their EPO product at work and thought it was great. There is a big difference between the enterprise and home stuff.

I got a card and was able to quickly register it on the site provided, Everything went smooth. I started the download and the install started. It never fully installed the product it kept failing.

Having some experience with installing AV I turned off the windows firewall, Windows Defender and UAC. All these seem to cause issues with installs in general. Still McAfee wouldn't install. I fully uninstalled and deleted any entries in the registry that said "McAfee". Rebooted and tried again, same message. I used their virtual technician and it couldn't fix the problem. I tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 7, didn't work. I looked in the Windows event log and the errors coming up were "McAfee service was unable to launch", some very generic message. At this point I contacted support via chat.

Support was very professional and helpful. They tried using the McAfee uninstaller and using the Pre-installer. They also ran some basic connectivity tests to their server. They told me to reboot and install and it should be all set. I tried to install again and it failed. At this point I was done with this product.

I highly recommend staying away from McAfee. I used Webroot internet security which is cloud based, much lighter on your system and faster. Being in the business I know there is many people who love McAfee, but from my experience it didn't work for me (literally wouldn't install).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and service, November 23, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Going Green, October 24, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
A card with the serial number and website address to download from is the way to go. I've used McAfee for many years and have been very satisfied with both product and service.

1.0 out of 5 stars They take your personal information, do what they want with it., March 6, 2014
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
The disclosure agreement is only known after the purchase.
You need to go online to view and accept the agreement.
First software company that I have come across, with a wide open/can do whatever, with your information.
This includes your personal information, PC files and their contents, your Internet activity and accounts information.
Then they have the right to give that information to whom they see fit, like other companies and send it overseas.
I will not use this software.
Do Not Buy This!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky!, December 17, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
Seems like a decent anti-virus program but McAfee drives you crazy with emails and reminders and renewal offers long before the year is up. Have had difficulty installing newer versions even after old version had expired. They could make it much easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 6, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
The price was great and I have been a McAfee user for years. I like their products and customer/tech support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend This, December 2, 2013
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
Bought this for my daughter for part of her Christmas to go with her new computer. We use McAfee all the time. It's a great anti-virus system. Highly recommend!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Troubles, January 2, 2014
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
I thought it was gonna be a disk...I'm having a hard time to find the right web page to download the protection. The one on the paperwork is wrong. Totally disappointed and 3 weeks later I still haven't downloaded it.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Back-Up CD, January 19, 2014
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
Going Green is a great thing, but there are places that isn't, and this is one of those places. After installation, two days later McAfee went bonkers on one of my computers, so I called tech support. I was on the phone with him for 3 hours and he couldn't fix it, and one of the higher up techs were supposed to call me back in a few hours to fix it, needless to say I never got a call back. I will be using another protection suite from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars A SCAM, February 28, 2014
JRH (HELOTES, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
I TRIED TO INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE. WEB SITE NOT RECOGNIZED. REFERRED TO PHONE # WHEREBY THEY WANTED $120 TO CLEAN MY PC BEFORE INSTALLATION.

McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014
McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2014 by McAfee Inc (Windows 7 / 8 / XP)
$79.99 $17.15