Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on July 17, 2006
Do not confuse this product with the Irish steel cut oatmeal that must be cooked for 30 minutes. That is the best. This oatmeal is not as good, but for a quick cooking product, it is pretty amazing. You can have oatmeal ready in 5 minutes. This oatmeal is best with a little milk, some brown sugar, and some berries or dried fruit. I like dried dates and dried black figs combined in mine, but it is fun to experiment. It's hard to believe that something this good is also good for you.
on March 8, 2007
Sure, there are tons of oatmeal options out there and I've tried quite a few. McCanns is the best. For starters I don't like mystery ingredients. McCanns has only one ingredient-- oats, and they only use the highest quality. Because of the way the oats are cut they cook very quick. I micro mine with soy milk in 2:20. After cooking I add cinnamon, ground flax seeds, and some frozen blueberries for a breakfast of champions. After switching to this from eating cereal I've become very lean. I've recommended this combination to many others who have experienced similar results.
on April 5, 2007
My wife is a great cook with discerning taste buds, and this is the oatmeal that she likes the best. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes in the microwave to make a bowl for breakfast.
on January 11, 2007
An outstanding product of uncompromising quality. A very important part of my daily diet and heart health regimem.
on April 6, 2007
Bought this specifically because of the super low gluten content (if any). The husband and kids love it.
on October 11, 2006
This oatmeal is the only kind that I have found to be gluten-free. It is tasty and cooks quicker and has better texture than rolled oat varieties of oatmeal. The New England Journal of Medicine published a letter in 2004 with lab analysis showing that McCann's had significantly less gluten on median than two other brands; unfortunately, the analysis also showed that one of the four samples of McCann's had high gluten, so it's possible that there may occasionally be bad batches, or it's possible that they mixed up their sample of McCann's with the other brands since the other three samples were so different. The World Health Organization's definition of gluten free is less than 200 parts per million (ppm), and the more conservative definition is less than 20 ppm. The four samples of McCann's had gluten contents of: <3 ppm, 12 ppm, 23 ppm, 760 ppm. The second brand was around 100-200 ppm. The third brand was around 300-800 ppm. McCann's is clearly better. I have personally had no problems with it, but I have had problems with the second and third brands that they tried.
on November 19, 2014
I was getting this regularly and then Amazon stopped having it as a regular shipped item. I then started using Bob's oatmeal. Not to knock Bob's - because it is a very good oatmeal - but on a recent trip to visit relatives they had a box of McCann's (because they knew I liked it) so I was able to have it again for breakfast. Nervana! There is absolutely no comparison. Mc Cann's cooks perfectly in the microwave in two minutes and comes out with a great texture and taste.

I'm back on the wagon and happily having my McCann's every morning.

Highly recommended.
on February 26, 2007
Taste great. I bought it twice, and plan on buying more.
VINE VOICEon February 5, 2012
I love this product for baking and in pancakes, etc, and it has become a pantry staple for me. It softens up readily when used in batters and breads and mostly disintegrates into the baked good, with no hard oat pieces (use regular thicker oats if more texture is desired). Can substitute for oat flour as-is, without grinding in the blender or food processor. Can also substitute for white flour to make recipes healthier (I would start by substituting up to 25% in a recipe with these oats and also use some whole wheat flour up to 50% of the white flour content), but use slightly more cup-for-cup if you are substituting these oats for white flour, or weigh out - flour weighs 4.5 to 5 oz per cup. I have not tried these quick rolled oats in oatmeal cookies - I suspect that it might not hold up to cookie dough mixing or have enough texture in the resultant cookies.

I do prefer thick-cut old-fashioned oats for breakfast oatmeal, but this product is very good if you have limited time to make oatmeal. It has a great flavor, just not as much texture since the flakes are very thin. It is not really gummy as are some other quick oat brands.

I have used up 6 boxes and will be purchasing more to restock the pantry (but store in freezer if close to expiration date). Overall, a high quality product.
on June 21, 2013
I have a bowl of McCann's oatmeal for breakfast every day. It has a creamy, nutty flavor and cooks up in only 4 minutes in the microwave..the way I make it. I put 1/2 cup of oatmeal in a large microwaveable bowl and add about a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. I stir in 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of light vanilla soy milk. They I cook it for two minutes on high or less depending on the microwave. Stir once again and add any combination of the following: chopped apples, sliced strawberries, chopped mango, blackberries, blueberries, dried cranberries and sliced almonds. Return to microwave and cook for another two minutes. Stir and enjoy! You can use milk instead of soy milk.