4.0 out of 5 stars No added salt is a big plus
Published 24 months ago by originalwit

1.0 out of 5 stars McCormick Curry Powder
I have tried at least a dozen different curry powders in the last several weeks and found that the McCormick 1 oz bottle is the very best by far. Based on that, I purchased the 16-ounce bottle I saw on Amazon. I was surprised when I found that the taste of the 16-ounce product was very different, to the point of not being able to use it.
Published on September 7, 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars No added salt is a big plus, September 27, 2012
This review is from: McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce (Grocery)
Yep, this is A LOT of curry powder, but if you use it often in cooking, it really is a better price than paying several dollars for a tiny bottle (even McCormick's own tiny bottle) that'll be gone in no time - or worse, make you feel like you have to ration it. I like curry powder and for once in my life, I wanted to use it and not feel I must skimp. I paid just under $11 and in about a month, I've used maybe 3/4 of an ounce (I saved an empty 1 oz bottle to keep a more manageable portion on the spice rack). Like another reviewer said, it IS possible it tastes a bit different from the 1 oz version, but I couldn't say for certain, and moreover, I don't think it's bad - I'm using it, mainly on rice dishes. To me, it's legions better than Taste Specialty Foods Hot Curry Powder, 16-Ounce but not as good as Rajah Mild Madras Curry Powder 100g.

Google "curry powder health benefits" and you'll find plenty of results; it's best known for its benefits to digestion and for anti-inflammatory qualities, but also said to boost memory and protect against Alzheimer disease and cancer.

Ingredients: Coriander, Fenugreek, Turmeric, Cumin, Black Pepper, Bay Leaves, Celery seed, Nutmeg, Cloves, Onion, Red Pepper, Ginger.

The expiration, I'm pleased to note since there is so darn much of this(!), is April 2014.

1.0 out of 5 stars McCormick Curry Powder, September 7, 2012
Amazon Customer (Vail, AZ United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Curry Yet, August 23, 2012
This review is from: McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce (Grocery)
Not only is the price great, but the product tastes awesome on chicken!! Not to mention the health benefits. I hope it stays around long enough for me to order when I'm out, which will be awhile thanks to the size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price for quantity; trying to help my health!, January 8, 2014
This review is from: McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce (Grocery)
Getting a large bottle for good price without signing up at Costco was the reason I bought this. I used up my older bottle, which lasted for so long. Also eating more curry because of what I read about it helping with inflammation, and I believe eating it almost every day cleared up some soreness where I had none before (also stress-related). Of course, you need to do other things - rest, exercise, eat healthy foods (pretty healthy anyway), watch stress.

5.0 out of 5 stars read my zseged steak rub for an awesome recipe!, June 6, 2013
This review is from: McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce (Grocery)
great taste with the combo of zseged steak rub for a roast. I love yellow curry compared to red, way to hot and the taste doesnt compare at all. stick with yellow and you'll have no problems!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, April 15, 2013
This review is from: McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce (Grocery)
Tasty and easy to use. I go through curry quickly, and the size they sell at the grocery store doesn't last long at all. This size is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted, November 8, 2012
This review is from: McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce (Grocery)
I am into making large batches of food and freezing the excess (for my family). I got tired of the store only giving tiny portions of curry for $$$. I was glad to find this option online!

It's exactly what you think it is: a large container of McCormick Curry. Sealed and fresh. And I finally have enough to make my double/triple batches of Chicken Curry without running out! It's a big hit in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good curry powder, great price for the volume, September 10, 2014
This review is from: McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce (Grocery)
Much cheaper than getting it by the ounce at the local grocery store. This curry powder has good flavor, and I would recommend this packaging to anyone looking for a bulk package. We have a recipe we really like that uses 2 tablespoons per batch, so having a larger package of curry powder is very helpful, since you can't normally find curry powder in this big of a container at the grocery store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of other great Herbs as part of the ingredients, July 14, 2014
Ann M. Menke (Bunnell, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce (Grocery)
I put this on all my cooking for the curcumin benefits along with all my other herbs and spices. I was surprised it also had alot of other beneficial ingredients in it and for this large amount you cannot beat the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
This review is from: McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce (Grocery)
This is a constant in our house and so healthy for you.

McCormick Curry Powder, 16-Ounce