Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on September 10, 2005
This is a tough, lightweight, great working, saw. It can handle wood sawing as well as a gas chain saw, but is easier and quieter to use. It does jam on small bush trimming, as chain is made for cutting small trees or moderate sized, fireplace logs. Guess with acquistion of proper chain it would work fine on smallest of things.
on June 30, 2006
I bought this chain saw for the occasional need and because I got it for only $36 shipped from Amazon.

I have used it now and it is very effective. I wouldn't try to cut down a 30 foot tree with it, but for branches up to 4-5" in diamenter, I think it does a GREAT job very quickly. Just make sure you have a long enough power cord for the job.
on August 3, 2006
This chainsaw arrived quickly, is easy to use, gets the job done and was very competitively priced--you can barely buy a plain old saw blade for the price! I am a fairly small framed woman who had never ever used a chainsaw prior to this one.
on July 23, 2005
Product is everything I expected. Only reason for witholding one star is I don't know how it will hold up under use.
on August 9, 2006
You can't expect better for the price. For a light/medium duty chain saw, this is an excellent choice. It is compact, light weight, comes fully assembled and is very easy to use. Ignore the negative reviews unless you have heavy-duty requirements and will be cutting large diameter trees. Then you should be looking at gas powered saws in the $200+ range. For my purposes, cutting off 6" diameter limbs and small/medium tree trunks, the McCulloch was terrific.
on July 14, 2006
It is a great addition to yard work tools! It is perfect for light duty work, cutting limbs off trees that your long handled limb pruner will not snip off. Do not try cutting down large trees with this item. It is ecological too in that you don't emit gas fumes into the air while using it. Follow instructions for hassle free cutting! Be sure to use and outdoor rated extension cord with ground plug.
on November 4, 2006
Fine saw, good for trimming and small trees. Handy to use, with no fuel system to cause trouble. This one replaced another that I used for over 30 years with no problem until it was worn out.
on November 21, 2007
As long as you realize the limits of a small electric chain saw its a 5 star. I use it to prune lilacs, yellow willow trees, cut up blown down limbs, and to cut up small diameter wood for fire wood. About up to 2 to 3 inch diameter. Beats digging out the gas chain saw used for much heavier work. I would buy another.
on January 9, 2007
The saw worked as promised, it's good for trimming trees and cutting some fire-wood. I'm happy with it, it's a little loud so if thats a problem for some don't get it.
on May 25, 2007
I'm a homeowner and occasional DIYer (3-4 projects/year). I already have too many tools and my shed is overflowing...the least thing I want for the chainsaw is another piece of big tool that takes a lot of space and require regular maintenance. Plus, I'm not gonna to use it to cut down big trees. For my occasional use, this is the perfect saw. It's feather light, doesn't take much space, and low maintenance. I used it to cut down an 10" tree in my front yard and cut the felt tree into logs to dispose of. I can't believe it's so easy. For my use it's powerful enough. I also tried to avoid to get a too powerful one, just to be on the safe side - I'm scared of kickback.

I highly recommend McCulloch 14" Electric Chainsaw for occasional users for light to medium duty work.

See 1 answered question