5.0 out of 5 stars This one actually works
Published on January 20, 2011 by Ginny Lavender

3.0 out of 5 stars first time steam user
I am generally pleased with this product. So far I can identify only one problem. The water reservoir is much too small. The steam just does'nt last long enough to be useful. The small amount of steam made available does not justify the cost. When I am able to do so,I will order a machine with a larger reservoir.
Thank you for the opportunity to provide my opinion.
Published on December 1, 2010 by Chabe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This one actually works, January 20, 2011
Ginny Lavender (Fort Worth, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
I'm giving this five stars not because it's perfect but because compared to another brand I've owned and two others I've tried, this is the best. It actually does blast dirt off with steam. Yes, the reservoir is small, but the cleaner is hand held, so if the tank were much larger, the weight of the water would be too heavy for easy use. Today, I cleaned my kitchen floor grout with it. It did not clean every strip, but it did a lot better than my upright floor steamer. If I used a rag in addition, and rubbed the tough spots a little, I came out with clean grout. Yay. I also cleaned the glass doors of my fireplace screen, which I had not been able to do with chemical cleaning agents, and I blasted out the old greasy residue around my antique stove knobs. I'm very impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars first time steam user, December 1, 2010
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
Thank you for the opportunity to provide my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamed and cleaned....., August 14, 2012
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
I purchased the McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner because I am a property owner and have several investment properties that I personally clean. Reading the reviews on the steamer, it seemed like it would be beneficial to my ultimate goal and that was to clean fast but also sanitize and deodorize with no chemicals when ever I possibly could. And this did the trick. It was amazingly fast at cutting grime, especially in hard to reach places like inside back of fridge, toilets, tubs and drawers/cabinets. Just a quick steam, wipe and move on to the next project.

Positives: Nice long power cord, great steam flow, LOVED all the attachments,

Negatives: A little heavy especially right at full water capacity (hands got tired holding it up at awkward angles but that is to be expected), time to heat up and how quickly it seemed to run out of water (maybe because I am impatient).

All in all, I am happy I purchased it. I was a cleaning machine so the steamer was used a LOT, and I know I couldn't have had it any larger or be able to hold much more water because it was already making my hands tired (just kept switching hands to help). A good investment for the any household....maybe I was trying to use it for more than it was meant to be, but it does work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice hand-held steam cleaner for the price, January 4, 2011
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
Well this little hand-steamcleaner works well on quite a few surfaces and is easy to operate. It comes with enough attachments to steam clean just about any type of object. The water takes about 3-5 minutes to get up to temp but that is about average. The only reason I gave this hand steamer 3 out of 5 stars is because the water reservoir holds only a small amount. Therefore, big jobs will take some time between waiting for the water to heat up and then when empty, waiting for it to cool down enough to open and re-fill it.

2.0 out of 5 stars When it works, January 1, 2011
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
I bought this cleaner at Tuesday Morning less than 6 months ago. Loved it! Then it quit, after using it four times. Of course, since it worked, I threw out the box and the receipt. On sale it was $50. I am getting another one, but not this brand. If you get one, it would be worth saving the receipt--put it in the box and save everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat Product, April 20, 2012
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
Next to soap and a roll of paper towelling, this steam cleaner is about the handiest, most useful cleaning product I've ever bought. Works on everything. Really glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product - Amazon has the best price + free shipping, June 28, 2011
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
I love this little steam cleaner. It works wonderfully. I had grout that was really stained and this little steam cleaner has brightened up the grout and the tiles as well. I got a recommendation from two people to buy this as they also loved it and so I did. I doubt that you will regret this purchase and it also has many other things that it cleans as well. Go for it!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning Freak, April 28, 2011
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
I purchased this item at Tuesday Morning. I was excited to do some deep cleaning with steam. After reading the instruction manual I was a little disappointed that the steamer only worked for approx. 8 min before running out of steam. After the tank is depleted one must wait 10 min for the machine to cool down before filling the tank again. Plus it takes a few minutes for the water to turn into steam. I returned the item 3 days after the first use. It takes too long to wait for the steamer to become usable and to cool down. I'm a hardcore clean freak and enjoy my manic cleaning sessions uninterrupted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., March 20, 2012
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
Cleans mold, dirt and grease like a charm! Makes tile shine and tedious jobs are quick and much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I live without this handy tool., September 27, 2010
E. Crowley "EMC" (Little River, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McCulloch MC1226 Handheld Steam Cleaner (Kitchen)
A must have for every household. It does everything. Steaming my kitchen and bathroom made the job so easy. I think this is a much have.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›