Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: McDavid Waist Trimmer Ab belt- Weight Loss- Abdominal Muscle & Back Supporter
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 20, 2014
I'm a medical scientist. I was convinced this was a scam yet the reviews were overwhelmingly positive and I bought it on a whim late one night. When it arrived I had forgotten I'd ordered it. I was embarrassed to have been taken for a fool. But I put it on anyway. Did some light cleaning around the house and when I took the belt off a couple hours later my stomach was DRENCHED in sweat. The rest of my body was normal. I took this as promising, but still, it's just water weight, right? Fast forward about a month. I am a convert. It works. I wish I had measured myself before, but just looking in the mirror I see a difference. BUT let me tell you I am female, 50 pounds over my ideal weight, and store most of that around my stomach: 3 factors that make me the ideal candidate to see results. I don't use it every day. I'm sure what I'm losing is water weight that would eventually come back, but it certainly doesn't come back immediately as I had always assumed water weight did. If putting a $15 belt on for a few hours every couple days is all it takes to make your stomach a little less fat, who cares if it's not permanent? Just keep wearing it at least every few days and the inches seem to stay off. I am pleasantly surprised to say my back looks slimmer as well, and how much water weight can one really store in their back? I don't know or care how this seems to be actually working, I just care that it is. Only problem is, like I said, I store my weight in my stomach, so I could use some trimming from my upper abdomen all the way down to my hips. As the pictures show, it doesn't cover this entire area. I'm buying a second one so I don't have to choose what part of my stomach to wear it on. I'm been wearing it around the smallest part of my waist and I've noticed my figure has gotten more and more hourglass like. I want to start wearing it on my biggest problem area: my lower stomach, but don't want to lose the curves I have going on right now. Not sure how well wearing two at once will work out, but hey, it's fifteen bucks.

A few more things to know: it's very comfortable. I am more than familiar with spanx so I may be slightly immune to that compressed feeling, but after a few minutes I forget I'm wearing it. And unless you're wearing something formfitting, it's pretty discreet. Also, I'm very thick around the middle and when I wrap the belt around I have plenty of overlap. Even if you're very overweight, chances are that this will fit you. Another plus: the Velcro is strong and also huge...I can't imagine this ever accidentally coming undone or popping off. It's a big long rippppppppp when I take it off.
11 comment|361 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2015
Definitely makes me sweat a lot... I find that when I wear this I don't sweat on other parts of my body
review image
0Comment|158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2009
I was skeptical about this product to be honest. I've learned that when it comes to my body, to change something requires Dedication and Discipline. I had fat stored in my stomach area (even though I'm skinny 6"3 and 200lb). I used this product for 2 weeks.

I did not change my routine and I never made abdominals and had poor cardio performance. I mainly did chest, bicep, back and other main muscles. During every exercise I felt the heat i was generating in my stomach area.

I had to readjust the Trimmer 3 to 4 times in a 2 hour period because of the water I was losing.

In just 2 weeks my stomach fat was greatly reduced and my waist looks way better. My Body fat is more or less the same 18% +/-1%.

I highly recommend it!
2626 comments|882 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 4, 2011
Since some don't know about these types of belts:

- Batteries? No
- Magnets? No
- Electricity? No

This is basically a cloth, Velcro belt with a rubber inset that has grooves. The principle is simple: it provides basic back support (but not nearly as good as actual back supporting belts), and it acts as a sweat catcher for your midsection. If you workout while wearing such a belt, especially cardio or other intensive workouts, you will sweat 2-3 times the amount in that area. More sweating = slimmer waist, in theory. But you must be aware that this assumes that water retention is the source of some of your fat. This is true with most women, and why they can slim themselves easier and faster than men. For men, fat is generally the result of (A) genes, (B) salt, (C) poor diet and (D) water retention, in that order. While I'm generally slender, the males in my family have all been fat, thus the genes are there, I just have to push harder to fight them off.

This belt is not a miracle worker. THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES TO WEIGHT LOSS. You must exercise, you must adopt a clean lifestyle including diet, and you must commit to a plan. The belt simply helps with some of the sweating that you need to keep the weight down. I would also stress that you should keep your liquid levels up when in any workout regimen; water and simple fluids, and lots of it. You're going to sweat; you need to replenish those fluids, and by working out you help put them in the right place (i.e. your muscles) instead of the wrong place (i.e. your belly).
2929 comments|1,320 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2016
Never been one to look for shortcuts or anything, and this sin't one, but this thing does help a lot. After a few minutes of wearing it, pulled reasonably tight, it feels great for the back support. After some light cardio I took this off and my midsection was very sweaty, the same level from a 45 minute to hour workout. This belt and a light mile walk made me sweat the same from 20 minutes on a bike high intensity or treadmill jog with incline.
on May 14, 2015
Yes it really works!!!
review image
on March 3, 2016
It certainly makes you sweat more in an isolated area, but it is just water weight so it's temporary. It does nothing special.

Product seems to be made well and is easy enough to clean.

TIP: Can be used in weightlifting as a decent back support!
on August 7, 2012
I let myself get about 40 pounds out of shape over the past eight years. In the past three weeks, I've been on a very aggressive program of dieting and exercise, everything from cycling to runnng and various forms of calisthenics. Buti'm also 64 and have an umbilical hernia and some lower back osteoarthritis, so extra support is very welcome as I attempt to tighten everything back up again.

I bought this the moment I knew such a thing as available. And when it arrived and I tried it on, I bought my 55 yo girlfriend one five minutes later. She has similar problems, only worse, and her internist has taken to yelling at her to get into shape. This thng is very stretchy and also infinitely adjustable to different waist sizes and levels of tightness. It provides support that is so pleasing and comfortable that I practically breathed a sigh of relief the first time I used it. It adapts well to different kinds of exercise. It is easy to wash out.

But will it cause you to lose weight? Not by itself. While it provides a pleasant warm feeling around my waist, that alone is not melting he pounds away. THAT comes from eating more fruit and vegetables and less meat and bread, plus getting off one's behind and swimming, walking, jogging, or cycling. There are no silver bullets to replace that. This DOES make all that exercising so much easier and efficient, however.

All in all, this isan excellent and highly recommended purchase.
on February 23, 2016
This is a nice product, nothing to rave about, but if you want to get very sweaty to lose some water weight this will help. Mine has yet to get smelly which is nice, and I've been using it for over a month. I even wear it when I'm not working out (especially when it's cold outside--the neoprene helps hold your body temperature). Keep in mind that this is not like a waist trainer and will not look good or instantly improve your shape like a waist trainer will. It doesn't look great under clothes, and I wish it covered more of my torso (5'9 female)s. But it's not a bad product for the price.
on November 13, 2015
i was skeptical of these wraps but after using them i fell in love with them. i bought a cheap version from a sports store and that one fell apart. after reading reviews on the mcdavid brand wraps i figured i try it out and price was not bad at all. the product is very well made and the velcro holds up well. i use it during cardio and working out. very comfortable. i would def recommend to others.
review image review image review image review image