5.0 out of 5 stars Broccoli tent not available
Published on December 13, 2005 by Stella's Momma

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for.
We were looking for a tent for our three girls (1,2,3) at an affordable price. They love the tent. However, it has already ripped in one spot. Our girls are not crazy kids, so, if you're interested in sturdy, keep looking.
Published on January 12, 2007 by Tina

5.0 out of 5 stars Broccoli tent not available, December 13, 2005
This review is from: McDonald's McKids Restaurant Play Tent (Toy)
I just received this in the mail yesterday and my daughter loves it. I was a bit aprehensive on getting it because of the 2 negative reviews, but I really do not think that the tent glamorizes junk food or lead kids to making bad food choices. Do they really think that if a kid plays in a carrot tent or broccolli tent that they would be more apt to eating vegtables? Because if that's how it works I am going to but the Webster's sheet set for my daughter's bed and the Yale toothbrush that Crest just came out with. Anywho, great toy for the money, though I am not crazy about the graphics.

5.0 out of 5 stars McDonalds play tent does not equal bad food choices!, July 24, 2006
This review is from: McDonald's McKids Restaurant Play Tent (Toy)
In response to the negative comments, I agree wholeheartedly that most of the food that is sold at McDonald's isn't fit for a dog, let alone human consumption! However, kids aren't drawn to McDonald's for the food. They are drawn there for the fun, fun, fun atmosphere as it is portrayed on commercials. So, when we pass by a McDonald's and my 5 year old wants to stop there and play in the playground, I can say, 'Hey, let's go home and play in YOUR McDonald's!' Once home, I make her my own hamburger (turkey burger) and she plays in her own fun place.

Just a reminder, the PARENTS, not the kids, control what they consume. Sure, they may be attracted to McDonald's and the junky food that they serve, but when the parent consistently says 'No' to eating it, the kids will accept it. Afterall, how in the world can they eat it if their parents don't ever buy it for them? When we do eat there, my daughter gets a hamburger with apple dippers and chocolate milk. She only eats the burger, not the bun. And I don't eat anything except salads and the fruit and walnut with yogurt. Be consistent, be an example and give them healthier food choices! In the meantime, let them play in their own McDonald's playland!

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., January 12, 2007
Tina (Dearborn, MI United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Hey you know what, February 2, 2006
This review is from: McDonald's McKids Restaurant Play Tent (Toy)
My son and I eat at Mcdonalds all the time. He gets apples and grapes and I get a salad. What's so bad for us about that? The nutriotional value of Mcd's food has nothing to do with this tent... OY

5.0 out of 5 stars don't listen to the grown ups....., July 11, 2005
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: McDonald's McKids Restaurant Play Tent (Toy)
just think you can play with toy food and make mom and dad order from you :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Links non-nutritious food to play, May 21, 2005
Kelly H (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McDonald's McKids Restaurant Play Tent (Toy)
From <a href="[...]">Teachers Resisting Unhealthy Children's Entertainment</a>: This toy "glamorizes McDonald's, constantly reminds children of the McDonald's brand, and makes unhealthy food a part of children's play."

In addition, "play connected to high-sugar/high-fat foods can lead to poor nutrition, childhood obesity, and can create brand loyalty from an early age."

1.0 out of 5 stars MCDONALDS IS UNHEALTHY FOR CHILDREN!, June 19, 2005
This review is from: McDonald's McKids Restaurant Play Tent (Toy)
Anything that reminds young children of wanting to eat food that is high in fat and cholesterol should not be sold. Please choose a tent that reminds them of something else. There are so many choices!

McDonald's McKids Restaurant Play Tent