Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 13, 2005
I just received this in the mail yesterday and my daughter loves it. I was a bit aprehensive on getting it because of the 2 negative reviews, but I really do not think that the tent glamorizes junk food or lead kids to making bad food choices. Do they really think that if a kid plays in a carrot tent or broccolli tent that they would be more apt to eating vegtables? Because if that's how it works I am going to but the Webster's sheet set for my daughter's bed and the Yale toothbrush that Crest just came out with. Anywho, great toy for the money, though I am not crazy about the graphics.
on July 24, 2006
In response to the negative comments, I agree wholeheartedly that most of the food that is sold at McDonald's isn't fit for a dog, let alone human consumption! However, kids aren't drawn to McDonald's for the food. They are drawn there for the fun, fun, fun atmosphere as it is portrayed on commercials. So, when we pass by a McDonald's and my 5 year old wants to stop there and play in the playground, I can say, 'Hey, let's go home and play in YOUR McDonald's!' Once home, I make her my own hamburger (turkey burger) and she plays in her own fun place.

Just a reminder, the PARENTS, not the kids, control what they consume. Sure, they may be attracted to McDonald's and the junky food that they serve, but when the parent consistently says 'No' to eating it, the kids will accept it. Afterall, how in the world can they eat it if their parents don't ever buy it for them? When we do eat there, my daughter gets a hamburger with apple dippers and chocolate milk. She only eats the burger, not the bun. And I don't eat anything except salads and the fruit and walnut with yogurt. Be consistent, be an example and give them healthier food choices! In the meantime, let them play in their own McDonald's playland!
on January 12, 2007
We were looking for a tent for our three girls (1,2,3) at an affordable price. They love the tent. However, it has already ripped in one spot. Our girls are not crazy kids, so, if you're interested in sturdy, keep looking.
on February 2, 2006
My son and I eat at Mcdonalds all the time. He gets apples and grapes and I get a salad. What's so bad for us about that? The nutriotional value of Mcd's food has nothing to do with this tent... OY
on July 11, 2005
just think you can play with toy food and make mom and dad order from you :)
on May 21, 2005
From <a href="[...]">Teachers Resisting Unhealthy Children's Entertainment</a>: This toy "glamorizes McDonald's, constantly reminds children of the McDonald's brand, and makes unhealthy food a part of children's play."

In addition, "play connected to high-sugar/high-fat foods can lead to poor nutrition, childhood obesity, and can create brand loyalty from an early age."
on June 19, 2005
Anything that reminds young children of wanting to eat food that is high in fat and cholesterol should not be sold. Please choose a tent that reminds them of something else. There are so many choices!