Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 30, 2011
First of all, this is basically a summary of The McDougall Program: 12 Days to Dynamic Health. It is not an extensive read, but more of an introduction to Dr. John McDougall's program which is a starch centered, plant based diet. This book is a very inexpensive read and will help you make the decision whether you will want to continue more extensive reading or not. Dr. McDougall has several great books but you might not want to spend the money for an unknown plan. This is the best of both worlds, as it explains the program, what is allowed and not allowed along with how to shop, prepare and cook 12 days worth of meals along with some snacks and desserts. I wish all of Dr. McDougall's books were available on Kindle, but again, this is a great opportunity to find out the basics of the program very inexpensively.

Dr. McDougall has many books that go into much more detail on the scientific, medical reasons for eating the way he suggests, but this is a excellent primer. I suggest The McDougall Program: 12 Days to Dynamic Health and The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss for follow-up study.
on January 4, 2012
Recipes were simple, easy to follow but I was actually expecting a cookbook not a two week diet plan. If you are looking for a way to expand your recipe collection don't buy this. If you want to take the guess work out of starting a new diet this is a good buy.
on June 18, 2012
Loving its simplicity and clear information for easy dietary adjustment. I have this on my iPad for helping me shop.
I'm in the process of making the 12 favourite meals regular, and steady, this way I don't get sidetracked and swayed to make the wrong decisions. Only a slight variation in the ingredients will give me a totally new experience - eg. peaches instead of strawberries, and yet it's the same recipe.
Keeps me focused on the important issue of diet: keeping it plant based, no added fats and making sure enough starches each day.
Highly recommend this book to anyone who appreciates simplicity in its splendor.
on April 5, 2012
McDougals' All-You-Can-Eat Cookbook is an easy way to get your life healthy. Common sense information with out a lot of techni-geek ideas and plenty of recipes that can be done in any kitchen. Ingredients can be found in almost any grocery store. There is some prep time, but can easliy be done ahead of time. This cookbook can really change you life for the better.
on April 23, 2013
i think the content is very good and i love the authors, but the kindle version needs improvement to the links so it is easy to find each recipe. The links are set up to take you to each day of the program, but there aren't links to recipes, so if you have a favorite, it's hard to locate it from the table of contents. i am viewing the copy on a Samsung Galaxy Tab. for the price, it's a great book to have, but would be more useful with recipe indexing.
on April 3, 2014
i am absolutely astounded by the results i have gotten by simply following Dr. Mcdougles eating plan. i have tried EVERYTHING in the past and nothing ever lasted this way of eating however was easy and the weight fell off!
on August 30, 2012
The McDougall plan is an excellent plant-based diet and can give a new vegan some really easy and good ideas. It sounds weird, but the baked potato sandwich for breakfast is very tasty and filling. Visiting their website may help you decide. Here it is: [...]
on October 14, 2012
I have tried every other program for losing weight out there and always lost some but was hungry. On this program, I am not hungry AND I am losing weight. I also feel great! I work out and do weight training, too. I highly recomment this program.
on December 19, 2015
This review is only about the Kindle Edition of the book. It has nothing to do with the content, (since it is very difficult to read currently). The kindle edition of this book is practically unreadable. I didn't see mention of this in the reviews. It appears that there might be some sort of code error in the syntax of the book. I'm reading it on the windows 10 kindle app. The problem: Basically, the entire book's text is like ONE HUGE BLUE LINK. Imagine trying to read a book that has blue underlined text from the table of contents to the very last word on the very last page. The copyright notice and all of that is not underlined. Just all the contents of the book. The little hand cursor that appears when you hover over a link never goes away in this book because of the huge gianormous link the entire text is. Also, I get tossed to the Desserts section when I do click on that gianormous link. You do need to do random clicking to find a link that goes somewhere other than where the gianormous link takes you to. The table of content links do seem to work and go to the correct spots. But any other clicking it's the Dessert Section for you!

Now I know why the "Look Inside" of this book was so screwy. I thought maybe it was just the preview window messing up. If you want to see what I mean, go to the Look Inside of this book, and scroll past the copyright stuff, and you'll see how the book's content is one huge link.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Do kindle publishers ever go back and correct the syntax error that makes kindle books this way? Do I have to nag the author of the book? Or do I nag the Kindle Amazon team? I'm a programmer, and this so bugs the heck out of me since the solution is so simple, a missing bracket or something somewhere in the code. Can anyone point me to a guide where I can get into the code of this book and fix the syntax error?

Thank-you so much! To be fair, I'll do a separate review on the actual content of the book, when it becomes readable to me, or as I plow my way through this book.
on May 18, 2015
I started reading this on my Kindle while waiting for my husband. He returned to the car in less than 20 minutes and I was surprised that I had finished reading this book. The recipes are okay, but don't appear to be very creative.I have similar and more creative ones on my Pinterest page.