Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 21, 2011
Received in a very short time,the exact item at a good price.

But there is a problem! Rusted threads inside three of the wheel locks.
I have used McGard wheel locks on all my vehicles for the past 20+ years,They make the best quality product but something fell through the cracks on this set,Or retailer could have old stock and stored it in a damp storage place.

If you install a wheel lock that is rusted inside, there is a chance that it could bond to the wheel stud. If that happens and you are out on the road with a flat tire,you are in trouble as even WD-40 can't help. A rusted hardend steel closed end wheel lock has no opening to lube,and you would most likely brake off wheel stud to remove.
I contacted McGard when I received this set and was told to return to seller Amazon, No problem returning to Amazon but disappointed in receiving locks in this condition.
Also it is a NO-No to put lube on wheel studs or nuts,Per all auto makers.
Inspect all your wheel locks before installing,if rusted in threads contact seller.
on August 6, 2013
Seems they changed the style.Used to be flush with wheel now they stick up about 3/4" to an 1" above the wheel,enough to be grabbed with vise grips or enough to be hit with a hammer.Bought these for a Jeep Wrangler
on December 21, 2009
I have purchased McGard wheel locks in the past and can't say I ever had a problem with them. I was most pleased to see that they now come in a set of five as I needed to also secure the spare tire on my boat trailer. Also, since my last purchase, McGard has improved their key by making it into a socket like device which makes it easier to use. I would like to see the set come with two keys, so I recommend that anyone buying these locks to spend the few extra dollars and order a duplicate key after you receive your locks and keep it in a secure separate place just in case the original becomes lost. Thanks RB...
on September 4, 2014
Awesome locks. The threads worked perfectly on my 2015 JK. The key works fine with any 3/4" deep well socket, and the key is long enough to hold secure using a torque wrench to torque it down. The key grooves are plenty strong to accept the 150 ft pounds I apply. I do agree with other reviewers about the need for 2 keys so bumping one star for that. They arrived in perfect condition and very quickly. Note: keep the package, turn the cardboard insert inside out to mark on and use it to store the original lug nuts for when you sell the truck (they can buy their own locks..).
on December 13, 2013
These were bought to replace the set that I no longer have the key for. I bought them before and had no problem buying them again. Excellant quality. By the way.....there is no way in hell to get these off without a special tool or without drilling them off. I know, I tried...and we are a long line of mechanics for over 50 years.I had to find an expert. If you buy them....DON'T LOSE THE KEY!
on June 10, 2013
Lots of spare tire thefts were reported by my local news. As my jeep liberty came with 5 high quality chrome rims. These locking wheel nuts, fit and look great. I like the fact that they protrude just a little. So would thieves can glance at my rims & see that I'm protected, even the spare that's under cover. Don't know why I waited so long. Highly recommended. I also liked the way Amazon let me input the make & model of my car, to get the correct set.
review image
on July 13, 2014
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Unlimited and wanted to secure my spare tire to my carrier (be sure to use red loctite to secure the carrier bolts to the car, or someone can run off with the entire tire/carrier unit). I was happy to see that these locking lug nuts seem to be very well made. I have not had any issues with them rusting or even losing their nickel plating luster. The one issue I do have with these is the length. Since my jeep has aluminum tires (I've heard steel are fine), the factory lug nuts stick out a good half inch or so, possibly enough room to grab with locking pliers. I doubt anyone would have a pair of locking pliers on hand big enough, and it would definitely take time and make a lot of noise to get off, but it is theoretically possible. Also, the factory version of this product has the same issue, McGard designed it after their dimensions. Other than that, these things work! it will prevent any thief from walking up to the car and taking the tire in a flash. In conclusion, a thief that just so happened to have the right tools on hand, time and determination, and guts (or stupidity) may be able to overcome these locking lug nuts, but it'll definitely annoy the crap out of them at least.

If this review helped, please say so!
on September 21, 2015
These are great. Exactly what I was looking for for my 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Willys Wheeler. They are the same things as the Mopar locking lug nuts at less than half the price you would pay at a dealership. Package of 5 perfect for Jeeps. I'm not sure if all keys are different since this seemed to look exactly like the pictures here, If anything there may be a very, very slight difference. They feel they would hold up well in the test of time. The only thing I can see as a downside is the locking part is not too deep. I worry that it could strip the lug nut if not used with that in mind to make sure it doesn't slip out of the lock. I would have liked it to be a little deeper but so far no complaints. If anything happens different I will update.
on February 1, 2016
I bought these locks to use on my 2015 Wrangler. They fit just as I hoped, and the installation / removal socket works great even with a torque wrench. I read some reviews where there were concerns regarding the locks being removed with vise grips, but, at least with the wheels I have and given that I torqued the locks to 95 lbs. I'm confident that thieves won't bother. Most people that are low enough to steal a tire / wheel are so lazy that just seeing a wheel lock moves them along to an easier target.
review image review image review image
on September 12, 2015
Nice but one fault - the nuts stick out too far from the wheels. They stand out both on the vehicle wheels and the rear mounted spare and might compromise the anti-theft purpose. I called and complained and got no sympathy. I ordered what was to fit my 2015 Jeep Wrangler. I am not going to pay to replace, but do advise that more care should be exercised in describing the measurements. Do not go on make and model alone.