From the Back Cover
More essential than a red pencil, this is the one tool you can't go without
Whether you're a manager, an administrative assistant, a student, or a webmaster, at some point on the job you'll also need to become editor, writer, and proofreader. And no matter what you read or write--business reports, term papers, even the simplest e-mail memos--it has to be free of errors before it leaves your hands. With this all-in-one guide at your side, you can be sure that every sentence is written the right way.
For crafting perfect documents, this essential reference shows you how to:
- Edit and proofread Web pages and PowerPoint presentations
- Use PDF and Microsoft Word technology to streamline editing
- Make proofreader's marks
- Understand proper punctuation
- Identify and correct commonly misspelled words
- Keep your style consistent
- Use formatting and fonts with finesse
The CD-ROM has even more tools to tweak your writing!
* Starter Style Sheet
* 12 Tips for Compelling Writing
* Words Most Often Misspelled
* Complete Editorial Checklist
* Editing PDFs--a Quick Reference
* Checklist for Web Editing
* Proofreading/Editing Test
* Expanded/Professional Style Sheet Template
* and more!
About the Author
K.D. Sullivan is an internationally recognized authority on proofreading. Founder and CEO of Creative Solutions Editorial, a national proofreading and editorial agency, she is also the coauthor of the recently published book The Gremlins of Grammar.
Merilee Eggleston has more than twenty years' experience as an editor, writer, and proofreader. She has edited more than 100 books, written advertising copy and materials for online education, and is the coauthor of The Pocket Idiot's Guide to Spanish for Health Care Professionals.