From the Back Cover
The student's guide to preparing for GED study from the leading publisher of GED study guides
Do you need to brush up on the basic skills before you tackle GED study guides or enroll in a preparation course? McGraw-Hill's Pre-GED gives you the foundation you need to build the necessary skills for more effective study that will lead to testing success.
Fully updated, this comprehensive edition covers the five subject areas of the GED test--writing, reading, social studies, science, and math--and it explains new topics such as world history, space study, business documents, and number grids that have been recently added to the GED test. Whether you have difficulty with topic sentences, punctuation, sequence, inference, decimals, or ratios, here you will find helpful hints on your troublesome test spots.
With easy-to-follow instructions, McGraw-Hill's Pre-GED helps you to:
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in each area before you start studying
- Check your progress with hundreds of exercises in the chapter reviews
- Flex your writing skills and polish up your grammar and word usage
- Get full explanations for each question from the answer key
- Evaluate your comprehension with multiple-choice tests in each chapter
With McGraw-Hill's Pre-GED you will no longer be intimidated by overwhelming GED study guides or classes. Instead, you will approach your studies confidently and effectively for GED testing success.
About the Author
McGraw-Hill is the leading publisher of GED study guides.