Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on July 27, 2010
Great read - was out of Print - NPR brought it back to life

Can't get it soon enough?
Try University of Chicago Press - they still have many copies - at 16 a pop.
on September 6, 2010
This book reads as though it was written in a rush, or by a child. Very simple and sometimes somewhat disjointed. It lacked depth and was a disappointing read. I heard a book review on NPR and thought it would be much better. Should have cost $2.99 for the Kindle version and not $9.99!
on June 16, 2005
The book was okay but not excellent, it did have some substance but if it where to become a classic it would be in the same category as J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye. It has quite a few sexual references and I am not so sure what they have to do with the story. What I did like is how it showed the feelings and problems that the Indians, Blacks, and Whites had dealing with one another. It was a decent book but I don't know if I quite got the point of it.
0Comment17 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse